Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Rofl, Rami has always given us that, whether he can make a 2 yard pass is another matter, check through my history of posts on Rami, I'm not his biggest fan but he gives us more forward like Essien used to, breaking away from midfield into the final third.

The Oscar love around here sometimes is just too much :'(

but what does Oscar have to do with it? I just laughed thinking Ramires can offer anything in the attack other than the odd goal now and then.

Yes, he runs, I said that many times. And he scores some beautiful goals, but the frequency he does those things isn't enough to say he offers us drive and penetration... I said a few days ago - in the Oscar thread coincidently - that I thought Mou played Rami instead of Oscar in the big matches because he's fast whereas Oscar isn't and how can we play counter-attack being a tad defensive if the players in the attack don't have pace? I even said as long as this is the setup in said matches Ramires should start ahead of Oscar... the point here isn't who should start, but what a player effectively offers. Ramires end product is so small in the attack that I can't make up my mind around saying he offers anything other than a huge amount of frustration vs some pretty goals from time to time, but still more useful than Oscar in a extra defensive system based on counter attack.

And said that I'm one of those people who absolutely HATE playing Ramires as the third midfielder let alone as a winger because it's frustrating to watch him destroy 8 out of 10 attacks he takes part (Willian, for example, has the same pace, but is much more composed, although with just as bad end product, but he won't frustrate us misplacing a standard pass). Then he has one match where he assists twice and scores once and suddenly he offers us drive and penetration... he offers us legs, that's the one constant thing he offers in the attack. Drive and penetration happen once in a blue moon if we consider how things normally go. My problem with this is the same as someone saying Torres offered movement and dribbles. He did offer that, and messed up and missed the easiest goals in history, so despite moving well to receive the ball and runnig to the goal, dribbling occasionally, he's never offered effectively anything in the attack, because he received the ball, ran and dribbled and then roofed the shot just like in preseason twice in a row. The same goes with Ramires contributions in our attack - they're so far and between apart that we can't say he offers anything. At least that's how it has been in the last three seasons. And that's why we can basically count his goals by heart and remember not more than a handful assists (if as much).

And for God's sake, I'm not comparing Ramires to Torres. I'm comparing situations.

That moment when we see him assist to Drogba vs Arsenal :lol:

I think I would actually cry of sheer joy and laughter.

Tbh, the only thing that is keeping Cesc from being a world class footballer is his consistency towards the end of the season. Internationally he's been nothing more than a prospect (getting brief but memorable appearances and being heavily overlooked by the likes of Xavi and Iniesta) up until Euro 2012 where he truly identified himself on the national team.

The cunt also needs a european crown under his belt.

but what does Oscar have to do with it? I just laughed thinking Ramires can offer anything in the attack other than the odd goal now and then.

Yes, he runs, I said that many times. And he scores some beautiful goals, but the frequency he does those things isn't enough to say he offers us drive and penetration... I said a few days ago - in the Oscar thread coincidently - that I thought Mou played Rami instead of Oscar in the big matches because he's fast whereas Oscar isn't and how can we play counter-attack being a tad defensive if the players in the attack don't have pace? I even said as long as this is the setup in said matches Ramires should start ahead of Oscar... the point here isn't who should start, but what a player effectively offers. Ramires end product is so small in the attack that I can't make up my mind around saying he offers anything other than a huge amount of frustration vs some pretty goals from time to time, but still more useful than Oscar in a extra defensive system based on counter attack.

And said that I'm one of those people who absolutely HATE playing Ramires as the third midfielder let alone as a winger because it's frustrating to watch him destroy 8 out of 10 attacks he takes part (Willian, for example, has the same pace, but is much more composed, although with just as bad end product, but he won't frustrate us misplacing a standard pass). Then he has one match where he assists twice and scores once and suddenly he offers us drive and penetration... he offers us legs, that's the one constant thing he offers in the attack. Drive and penetration happen once in a blue moon if we consider how things normally go. My problem with this is the same as someone saying Torres offered movement and dribbles. He did offer that, and messed up and missed the easiest goals in history, so despite moving well to receive the ball and runnig to the goal, dribbling occasionally, he's never offered effectively anything in the attack, because he received the ball, ran and dribbled and then roofed the shot just like in preseason twice in a row. The same goes with Ramires contributions in our attack - they're so far and between apart that we can't say he offers anything. At least that's how it has been in the last three seasons. And that's why we can basically count his goals by heart and remember not more than a handful assists (if as much).

And for God's sake, I'm not comparing Ramires to Torres. I'm comparing situations.

What does Oscar have to do with it? Seeing as Ramires took Oscar's place in a formation that Oscar would usually occupy, I'd say thats enough to rope Oscar into this and make some comparisons?

How long are we going to live off that goal against Juventus? Tactically he has more of a brain than Rami, much more infact however what else does he give us except slowing our play down and pressing that we can all agree is not as good or not as effective as it once was, lets not get hung up on stats.

Rami - can't make a two yard pass, offers penetration, drive.

Oscar - can make a pass, slows down play, presses the opposition.

My point is not to paint Rami as Ballon'dor lol but at the moment, he offers and brings more to the table than Oscar pros/cons wise, although as above, I do miss Oscar's tactical brain in dropping into the gaps defensively however I don't feel its enough to take a place in the team.

The Oscar love around here sometimes is just too much :'(

Well this a Chelsea forum and he is a Chelsea paler so the odds of finding "love" for him and any of our other players are high.

At least that's what you'd expect, but reading through the threads I reckon half the posts are bashing and over bashing of our players. You'd think half our members were Liverpool fans in disguise.

The love and support are always good to see, for any member of the team. It's the bashing and agendas against players that I never get.

Well this a Chelsea forum and he is a Chelsea paler so the odds of finding "love" for him and any of our other players are high.

At least that's what you'd expect, but reading through the threads I reckon half the posts are bashing and over bashing of our players. You'd think half our members were Liverpool fans in disguise.

The love and support are always good to see, for any member of the team. It's the bashing and agendas against players that I never get.

Reading around I think it maybe best if we sold Cesc, Matic, Cahill and Oscar.

Next weeks victims will appear soon.

Bash? Where? Constructive posts are what I see, from me anyway.

I think its a shared opinion by most that he has not been up to par for quite a while now.

Anyways, Cesc topic.

I think its a shared opinion by most that he has not been up to par for quite a while now.

Anyways, Cesc topic.

Constructive? He hasn't even played for us for over 10 days and yet he's all we can talk about. Half the threads in the "Current Squad" section are right now dedicated to this "constructive criticism" (I'm sorry, but comparing Oscar to Coutinho and Joe f***ing Allen, is not criticism, it's just embarrassing). So, I'd personally call it a mild obsession.

But excuse my rant, it wasn't aimed at you in particular. Yes, we should definitely get back to Cesc.

Constructive? He hasn't even played for us for over 10 days and yet he's all we can talk about. Half the threads in the "Current Squad" section are right now dedicated to this "constructive criticism" (I'm sorry, but comparing Oscar to Coutinho and Joe f***ing Allen, is not criticism, it's just embarrassing). So, I'd personally call it a mild obsession.

But excuse my rant, it wasn't aimed at you in particular. Yes, we should definitely get back to Cesc.

I'd say my posts were constructive and by a shared opinion he has not had one stand out game since December 2013, its not a bash, he's a blue, and unless he criticizes the club in public then I'll continue to support him - I'd rather see Oscar improve or get back to his best rather than bash him into oblivion by comparing him with Joe Allen :D

Anyways, Cesc topic.

Exactly.

Go into most pubs with Chelsea supporters and you'll see a lot of these types of debates about Oscar and other players. It doesn't mean all these blokes are 'bashing' these players or have agendas against them.

People on a forum discussing players in forthright terms....whatever next?

What does Oscar have to do with it? Seeing as Ramires took Oscar's place in a formation that Oscar would usually occupy, I'd say thats enough to rope Oscar into this and make some comparisons?

How long are we going to live off that goal against Juventus? Tactically he has more of a brain than Rami, much more infact however what else does he give us except slowing our play down and pressing that we can all agree is not as good or not as effective as it once was, lets not get hung up on stats.

Rami - can't make a two yard pass, offers penetration, drive.

Oscar - can make a pass, slows down play, presses the opposition.

My point is not to paint Rami as Ballon'dor lol but at the moment, he offers and brings more to the table than Oscar pros/cons wise, although as above, I do miss Oscar's tactical brain in dropping into the gaps defensively however I don't feel its enough to take a place in the team.

Your post had nothing to do with oscar, but as I laughed on it you brought Oscar into a convo about Ramires drive and penetration. It still doesn't have anything to do with oscar... Oscar and Ramires played together endless times and will play another bunch... I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho played a 433 with oscar as 3rd midfielder and Ramires as a wing. Your assumption that Ramires replaces oscar in the most difficult matches and not a winger is only that, an assumption... we have a new style and things done last season may not happen again in this one. Maybe Ramires replaces Oscar, maybe Schürrle or maybe he doesn't start those matches. We'll find out in a couple of weeks. I still have no idea why you brought oscar in a conversation about what Ramires can offer or not.

Some of you look really obsessed about some players...

At least admit what you say and imply instead of playing the innocent card. My post had nothing to do with my love for oscar. Ramires isn't a threat for Oscar... and I'm a Chelsea fan, not a player's fan, whoever works better in the team has my approval and I'll be happy about it.

Pick out a few really good passes so far today. Just need a through ball for Costa to score with!

Shame I cant seem to go into any thread without seeing Oscar's name. :wank2:

That was my reaction when I checked into Matic's thread only to find discussions about our little precious one of a kind talent :rolleyes:.

No watch this turn into another oscar thread