Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Don't really understand what you find so funny about that ? It's true. Ramires does offer us drive and penetration. When games get stretched and space opens up Ramires is excellent pushing forward as he has loads of pace and likes to drive into space when it's there.

The Everton game was that kind of game.

So we're sort of stupid as a club and a board. One of the things we've missed the most last season was exactly drive and penetration. We were too stupid not to have seen the answer to that right under our noses and spent almost 30m in a player that actually gives us that... Ramires has a match like he did last weekend in a handful times a season (if as much). Normally he excels on something else when he has a good streak (defense and pace), but now people are talking as if they forgot the last seasons he had here. He wasn't, isn't and never will be the answer to drive and penetration, and I do find it funny.

ONE GAME, one game and people ignore a history of three years. He has a TERRIBLE decision making, his passing DESTROYS many of our attacks, his vision is the same of a person with cataract and all of sudden, Ramires offers us drive and penetration. Unless you mean driving as a chicken and penetrating as a boy in his first time... no quality, no sense with the odd good result in the mix... then I'll agree with both of you.

Come on, name me a dozen matches he offered us drive and penetration and it solved our issues winning the match. I'll be sitting while I wait.

Don't really understand what you find so funny about that ? It's true. Ramires does offer us drive and penetration. When games get stretched and space opens up Ramires is excellent pushing forward as he has loads of pace and likes to drive into space when it's there.

The Everton game was that kind of game.

It wasn't though for most of it. Everton DOMINATED us in midfield and it wasn't until the third goal that they simply lost a lot of their shape.

but did want a game like Everton? Our midfield was overrun, the one thing you could traditionally count on not happening in the last 10 years.

The way I see it, with Ramires we have done who literally can jog last someone. Perfect for an open game. Tactically one if the worst in our squad. Cannot put his foot on the ball and slow down when needed. We saw both sided if Ramires.

With Oscar you have more control and solidity. Plus, is willian not as good as Ramires in such games? He couldn't be because the headless chicken literally thought he was Rambo

So we're sort of stupid as a club and a board. One of the things we've missed the most last season was exactly drive and penetration. We were too stupid not to have seen the answer to that right under our noses and spent almost 30m in a player that actually gives us that... Ramires has a match like he did last weekend in a handful times a season (if as much). Normally he excels on something else when he has a good streak (defense and pace), but now people are talking as if they forgot the last seasons he had here. He was, isn't and never will be the answer to drive and penetration, and I do find it funny.

ONE GAME, one game and people ignore a history of three years. He has a TERRIBLE decision making, his passing DESTROYS many of our attacks, his vision is the same of a person with cataract and all of sudden, Ramires offers us drive and penetration. Unless you mean driving as a chicken and penetrating as a boy in his first time... no quality, no sense with the odd good result.

Come on, name me a dozen matches he offered us drive and penetration and it solved our issues winning the match. I'll be sitting while I wait.

I merely stated that Ramires does offer us drive and penetration with his runs but only in certain games where the games gets stretched and space opens up.

Nowhere in my post did i say Ramires was THE solution to all our drive and penetration problems just that he can offer that in the right circimstances.

It wasn't though for most of it. Everton DOMINATED us in midfield and it wasn't until the third goal that they simply lost a lot of their shape.

It was, Everton did well to get back quickly and we didn't do that great on the counterattack but there was space to exploit and Ramires did at times offers us drive and penetration with his runs.

I merely stated that Ramires does offer us drive and penetration with his runs but only in certain games where the games gets stretched and space opens up.

Nowhere in my post did i say Ramires was THE solution to all our drive and penetration problems just that he can offer that in the right circimstances.

It was, Everton did well to get back quickly and we didn't do that great on the counterattack but there was space to exploit and Ramires did at times offers us drive and penetration with his runs.

I know you didn't say he was the answer, but people talking about that match as if he always is that effective in the attack and as if it didn't come with many liabilities it's odd.

He's fast - which is why he starts in bigger games rather than Oscar - and he can make runs, but the end product is so poor and rare that is not worth it. Mourinho only uses him in those matches because Oscar would be nearly useless if we were to park a bus and only counter-attack. Also, I'm not positive we will approach the big matches the same way we did last year. Maybe for this year we will, but I'm positive in the near future we will change our posture altogether. Mourinho will never give up on a solid defense, but I'm still convinced he will try to emulate and improve his RM tactics here and although the team was more cautious in the matches against Barça and the SFs in UCL, it wasn't as defensive as what we played against City and Liverpool, for example. I feel he'll try to give us a better reputation - he said Roman has asked that, that he wants a more attractive style and I think he'll try to deliver it. Maybe right now it's too early, as he just set up the team he's been dreaming about and there are adjustments to be done. But maybe by the end of this season and the one following, I don't expect us to approach City, Liverpool and big matches on UCL the same way we did last season.

Ramires offered a problem to us (although a collective midfield problem, not only his) as much as he offered solutions in the attack (that also worked collectively). It's not okay to be dominated by Everton as we were, having only 27% of possession through half of the second half... We turned things around, we were effective in the attack, Ramires did have a good match in the attack, but that wasn't a perfect match, Ramires didn't remotely close have a perfect match. The only reason it was positive imo is because of his goal and one assist. Yes, I'm quite aware he had two assists, but he intended to really assist only in the Iva goal. The pass to Matic was yet another pass, at the edge of the box, that he even moved forward expecting to receive the ball back. I'm not discrediting him, after all it was a completed pass - something he couldn't do 34% of the times he touched the ball, but it was a mere pass.

I won't forget in a very long time that in one of Brazil's matches in the WC Ramires had a bizarre 50% pass accuracy... I guess it dropped a bit later, but that was just that bizarre.

Whilst turning over possession 34% of the time.

He offers drive and penetration against teams who lose shape. That's something we can use, but in games like the one on Saturday I would've preferred someone who could've helped us retain possession and maybe even look to gain a decent share of it.

41. Juan Mata

42. Jerome Boateng

43. Sergio Busquets

44. Javi Martinez

45. Hugo Lloris

46. Cesc Fabregas

47. Iker Casillas

48. Xabi Alonso

49. Andrea Pirlo

50. Giorgio Chiellini

I don't play the game, but in which world are Busquets and Lloris better than Fabregas and Casillas only slightly worse?

Some of the other names don't make sense for me either, but you could at least make a case for Mata, Martinez...

This is stupid.