Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Average passer Cesc Fàbregas (btw why all the other players that have some sign - don't know the proper name in English - in their names have it, but Fàbregas is written as Fabregas?) had a 95% pass accuracy today according to Squawka.

Not so bad for an average passer: 6 key passes (don't remember any of them being a through ball), 95% accuracy, two assists today, six overall in four matches.

I do agree about their point about the 3-man midfield. We should just switch to 4-3-3 and walk the league :P

We do look much suited for 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 and at least now - during early days - I can see it bringing more stability to our defense. We must play our second half formation against City imo, though I could see Mourinho replacing Oscar - and not Schurrle - for Ramires because of his pace. I'd still rather the opposite as André seems to be having some world champion hangover.

Sorry who said he was an average player? :lol:

After yesterday im convinced 4 3 3 is the way to go, Matic, Rami and Cesc with Mikel covering, shame we didn't keep MVG really but that might open up some games for Baker.

I do agree about their point about the 3-man midfield. We should just switch to 4-3-3 and walk the league :P

We do look much suited for 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 and at least now - during early days - I can see it bringing more stability to our defense. We must play our second half formation against City imo, though I could see Mourinho replacing Oscar - and not Schurrle - for Ramires because of his pace. I'd still rather the opposite as André seems to be having some world champion hangover.

We have to go with 4-3-3 against City. We'll get slaughtered if we go 4-2-3-1 with Matic and Fabregas in the pivot. And as much as I think Schurrle will give us extra threat off the ball, I think it might be wise to go with Willian. Arguably protects the ball better and can still provide decent threat going forward. Last thing we need is the players to give the ball away carelessly to a team like City (which happened a lot in the first half against Swansea and we nearly paid a heavy price for it).

We have to go with 4-3-3 against City. We'll get slaughtered if we go 4-2-3-1 with Matic and Fabregas in the pivot. And as much as I think Schurrle will give us extra threat off the ball, I think it might be wise to go with Willian. Arguably protects the ball better and can still provide decent going forward. Last thing we need is players to give the ball carelessly away to a team like City (which happened a lot in the first against Swansea and we nearly paid a heavy price for it).

It's definitely an option better than Schurrle atm, but Oscar has been playing well and it worked well. I'm not advocating harmony - as you did with the defense, I just think if it ain't broken, don't change it. Oscar had a great second half yesterday where he did a bit of everything, but of course, Willian is great and could offer a few things Oscar can't, with his silky, pace-y football.

It's definitely an option better than Schurrle atm, but Oscar has been playing well and it worked well. I'm not advocating harmony - as you did with the defense, I just think if it ain't broken, don't change it. Oscar had a great second half yesterday where he did a bit of everything, but of course, Willian is great and could offer a few things Oscar can't, with his silky, pace-y football.

Now now, let's not go there again. :P

This has nothing to do with harmony though. It's just a matter of selecting the right players in the right position to give us the right balance in the team. Oscar can drop deep and all but he's still no Ramires. And we need his energy, stamina and pace against City, especially if Toure were to play.

Now now, let's not go there again. :P

This has nothing to do with harmony though. It's just a matter of selecting the right players in the right position to give us the right balance in the team. Oscar can drop deep and all but he's still no Ramires. And we need his energy, stamina and pace against City, especially if Toure were to play.

I'm defending the second half formation - which has Ramires, and I said it has nothing to do with harmony, so tbh I didn't get your answer :wacko:

Neville on MNF just analysed Cescs first half performance defensively and it's safe to say he was pretty poor without the ball. It was obvious watching the game he was miles better when Ramires came on, he had more freedom and was able to get forward without worrying what's behind him.

Neville on MNF just analysed Cescs first half performance defensively and it's safe to say he was pretty poor without the ball. It was obvious watching the game he was miles better when Ramires came on, he had more freedom and was able to get forward without worrying what's behind him.

Pretty much everyone was pretty poor without the ball in the first half, to be fair. But yeah, he obviously won't complain, but he's far more used to playing in 4-3-3 when he doesn't have to worry so much about playing so close to defenders. Playing in the pivot limits his creativity a lot, IMO. He's essentially forced to do the job he isn't very good at(defending) and it limits his creativity and contribution in the final third. I mean, his decision-making in the final third and his final ball are one of the best out there, but he's wasted being played too deep at times. I said before the start of the season that Cesc would do much better as the most advanced midfielder in 4-3-3 and I haven't changed my opinion. In 4-3-3, he can control the play from the deep if needed, but he can also join the attack more often and link-up with Eden and Costa, as he did in the second half against Swansea.

I saw that too, pretty conclusive I thought. -_- Hopefully the video is uploaded to youtube.

I saw that too, pretty conclusive I thought. -_- Hopefully the video is uploaded to youtube.

I'll do better, I'll re-watch the match because as far as I remember it, he was just another player who couldn't find the way to press and position in a hot mess that were the first 30 minutes of the match. When nobody around you is playing their part, it's hard to find the guilty. Also Matic committed a few mistakes that set Swansea up... it didn't help Cesc that he was the closest - formation wise - to deal with an erratic Matic.

I'll analyze that match into detail and it doesn't surprise me that the media is choosing to focus (or at least pay attention) to what one of our players could have done wrong when another one had a hat trick or the debuting striker scored in addition to Cesc assisting twice. It's also a coincidence United netted 4 against the almighty Rangers. I mean why talk about what really matters when they can nitpick Cesc and probably worship United, right?

I think Cesc is better from deep if we are playing a weaker team and can control the midfield. This would be due to the fact that he is one of the best out there in sending splendid defence splitting passes from deep. He allows us to move the ball so much quicker as well.

But from what we have seen so far he is probably better as the advanced midfielder in a 433 for tougher games since it gives us good balance. The 4231 seems like a good way to commit suicide against good teams since he isn't as good defensively.