Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I did say he was becoming bushman...

i dont remember every game but just out of curiosity, i went on whoscored and checked the stats of our first matches.

against hull - 7.7 (3rd highest - only lamps and oscar higher (both goal scorers))

against villa - 7.5 (2nd only to iva (goal scorer))

against united - 6.6

against everton - 7.4 (highest rating)

against fulham - 8.0 (joint 2nd with mikel, oscar was 1st (both goalscorers))

against spurs - 6.7 (used on the RW in the 1st half if i remember correctly)

norwich - 7.7 (2nd only to oscar-7.9 who was a goal scorer)

cardiff - 7.1

city - 7.5 (2nd only to torres (goal scorer) and i think this rating is massively under-rating how brilliant rambo was on that day, had yaya in his pocket all night long)

newcastle - 6.1

whu - 8.0

soton - 8.2 (joint first with JT (goal scorer))

sunderland - 7.8 (joint 2nd with lamps. EH got a 10 rating)

stoke - 6.5

palace - 8.0 (2nd only to willian-8.1)

arsenal - 6.6 (2nd only to lamps in our front 6. since it was a 0-0, only fair that defence get high ratings)

swansea -7.4

pool - dint play

soton - 7.7

hull -6.7

united - 6.9

well this confirms what i always thought about rambo last season. he was our best or second best (to oscar) until the change of the year. infact both he and oscar who were our best players really lost form during jan and never regained it, which really hurt our PL chances. add to that rambo lack of discipline, people tend to OVER-EXAGERATE about how "poor" he was all thru the season whereas the truth is far far far from it. he had a bad 2nd half. thats it.

Whilst turning over possession 34% of the time.

He offers drive and penetration against teams who lose shape. That's something we can use, but in games like the one on Saturday I would've preferred someone who could've helped us retain possession and maybe even look to gain a decent share of it.

Well that was my point.

The rest is more of an Oscar vs Ramires debate. Both offer something entirely different. Ball retention and buildup play vs stamina and driving runs into space.

I do think that whether it was Oscar or Ramires in our midfield on Saturday, we would have still gotten dominated by Everton.

Oscar might have offered more build up play and ball retention but Everton would have still been all over us.

i dont remember every game but just out of curiosity, i went on whoscored and checked the stats of our first matches.

dude, relax, I only meant the way you worded the sentence... it's bushman style.

as for the rest of your post, I don't bother with whoscored rates, they're even more nonsense than EA cards...

dude, relax, I only meant the way you worded the sentence... it's bushman style.

maybe and honestly, i dont care about that.

just wanted to point out that you were overly-critisizing rambo. rambo had a stellar first half of the season.

maybe and honestly, i dont care about that.

just wanted to point out that you were overly-critisizing rambo. rambo had a stellar first half of the season.

oh I did say a few times - maybe not enough - he had a great first half of season. But what he normally offered in those matches were more defensive rather than offensive.

That's my first point. Ramires has played some stretches of good football for us, but not as an attacker that makes runs and gives us drive. He makes the eventual run, that isn't wasted by many things - sometimes he doesn't even have anyone to pass as no one was able to follow him - but the best Ramires played last year was about being an effective box to box player in the first few months.

oh I did say a few times - maybe not enough - he had a great first half of season. But what he normally offered in those matches were more defensive rather than offensive.

That's my first point. Ramires has played some stretches of good football for us, but not as an attacker that makes runs and gives us drive. He makes the eventual run, that isn't wasted by many things - sometimes he doesn't even have anyone to pass as no one was able to follow him - but the best Ramires played last year was about being an effective box to box player in the first few months.

we were playing lampard as a DM. ofcourse rambo's role was going to be more defensive than attacking.

and i think belgianutt confirmed what i thought he wanted to say (in the last post he made). and i think thats a fair assessment.

as for rambo's runs, i think those will be a different story this season because

last season, rambo had a very conservative role to play most of the times which makes sense with lamps.

secondly cesc is on a level of his own when we talk about making passes for runners. oscar is a player who likes to be on the ball, rambo is someone who can make those runs which cesc can feed to.