Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid

Jase

Man of the Match  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

We got outplayed, well done Atletico Madrid and now go win the damn thing!! But anyways, Lampard was crucial in our first game and his loss was crucial. I also think Hazard was rusty and wasn't at his best. Plans for next year are:

Bring in Courtois

Bring in Lukaku

Sell Torres

Buy Diego Costa

No complaints. We were beaten on the night by the better side.

But I'm still proud of each and every Chelsea player. Perhaps if we had eleven Aspilequeta's we'd have won this game, the guy really gives his all for the club.

Heads up Chelsea, we've still had a fantastic season.

Norwich may prepare for the backlash.

Just imagine how formidable we'll be next year with Matic eligible, Courtois in goal, a striker worth his salt, and a midfielder next to Matic who can pass a ball.

Finish the season strong with 2 wins and roll on the transfer window. Can't wait.

Yup and Salah eligible too.

Congrats to Atlético, Simeone just put Mourinho in his pocket. Many things went wrong this season, and they were just badly exposed today. The guys gave everything on the pitch, time to move on. Sometimes its long, long run before you can reach a UCL Final.

I won't say he got us in his pocket you clearly saw our limitations. Ramy couldn't pass the ball. Hazard was non existing, maybe this was the key decision he was not fit enough? The in general had the more hungry players like us 2005. Man we were unstoppable mentally back then. We had so much spirit and fought everybody down to the ground

We just need to improve if we want to compete against Real and Bayern next season. Don't mention Atletico because it's unlikely they will be able to hold on to their best players.

At some point, having a good defense isn't good enough if you can't control the game. If you don't have the quality to do that. We fans tend to simplify about desire, and desire is certainly the key ingredient when facing a bottom table PL outfit, but not at this level. At this level desire alone won't do.

Next season will be big and this transfer window very interesting.

No bus parked, no win. Jose is a genius!

Dude, get your shit together! The only reason this Chelsea team that got knocked out of the group stages last season made it to the semifinal was because of Jose Mourinho. If you're too upset to post sensibly now, then sign out and come back when you've calmed down. Posts like these don't reflect well on you or the forum as whole.

Funny how when Oscar gets used as an excuse for our loses no one gives a shit. When its Hazard, then the forum was once great but not anymore. Fan boys are the worst.

Is this really called for? What does Oscar have to do with anything, he didn't even play tonight!

Congrats to Atlético, Simeone just put Mourinho in his pocket. Many things went wrong this season, and they were just badly exposed today. The guys gave everything on the pitch, time to move on. Sometimes its long, long run before you can reach a UCL Final.

You might be the most ignorant Chelsea fan on these boards. Simeone's squad is complete and been together for a while. Ours, not so much.

No complaints. We were beaten on the night by the better side.

But I'm still proud of each and every Chelsea player. Perhaps if we had eleven Aspilequeta's we'd have won this game, the guy really gives his all for the club.

Heads up Chelsea, we've still had a fantastic season.

Norwich may prepare for the backlash.

agreed .. it didn't hurt as much as Moscow either .. and The BBC will be so happy.

notice all the anti Chelsea tweets they show in their texts ,, Still Jimmy Saville was one of their stars

wasn't he.

You might as well put a stick in the goal and still it would have had no difference with Schwarzer and get the same result! It was when I really realized Schwarzer is so fucking old!

Cahill, he was so gutless he should not appear in public at least a week! What an embarrassing performance by him. It was like he gonna shit himself any minute.

The rest of the defense were so shaky and nervous as well you don’t expect a team with the bus to perform like that!

Hazard and Eto’o 2 injured sub’s fucked us epically. Hazard with the defensive mistake and Eto’o with PK and it was game over.

It’s apparent other than parking the bus or two we have no clue of playing football!

It’s unreal how we managed to reach semi-final of the UCL. Atletico should be in final and they are there rightly so. We belong where we belong.

Is this really called for? What does Oscar have to do with anything, he didn't even play tonight!

It is called for. The same people who go mad when you say anything negative about Hazard, are the same ones who go ape shit when *insert any other Chelsea player* plays badly.

They deserve to go to the final. What a shame, but overall the team did better in the CL than I expected. Few games left and then we're ready for the World Cup and summer transfers.......

Tonight summed up our season, just too inconsistent. We've been superb at times and abysmal at others.

In my opinion it's a culmination of a lack of stability. 4 managers in the last 3 seasons has had a big effect, especially when all have a different way of playing and at the same time we've significantly added to the squad with younger players. The failure to adequately replace Drogba has crippled us too.

Jose has known this all along and I believe if he is committed to at the very least see out his contract he'll rebuild this club to challenge again for another decade. We'll be a far stronger animal next season and this experience will hold us in good stead.

Jose is here to say forever. I can't see the board thinking any different.

Tough but this is easy to swallow. Reaching the semi with this team is a good run.

Atletico are just too good for us. They're what I hope we become but for that to happen we really need to address the technical quality in the team from front to back. They absolutely killed us in the second half and we couldn't live with them