Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech injured and Lamps suspended :/

I knew about Cech, but I didn't know about Supa Frank. Branna or Side Show Bob...Leave the two in the Locker room & let them settle it. First one out gets the armband.

Hearing Cech and Terry are out for the rest of the season.

I got this from another Chelsea Forum:

"Cech and JTs seasons over unless we reach the final" - Jose Mourinho

I knew about Cech, but I didn't know about Supa Frank. Branna or Side Show Bob...Leave the two in the Locker room & let them settle it. First one out gets the armband.

:lol:

but in all honesty, it wont even be a fair fight. iva will thulp DL to a pulp.

Showed real heart and determination. Shame our set pieces were poor or we could have nicked one.

Our set pieces were awful tonight but of late, our free kicks have been especially poor. Donno why we let Luiz shoot on the two occasions that we had free-kicks in decent positions. I mean its been a year since the lad has scored a free kick. I was hoping for Lampard to take the one late on and hopefully go for a low shot that would at least force a save from Thibaut and potentially a rebound for guys in and around the 6 yard box.

But yeah.... set pieces were very poor tonight. And free kicks this season have been very meh...

Anyway, if JT, Lamps and Pete will be out for match at SB, who you think will be captain?

That's actually a pretty good question, especially since the fourth longest serving player after those three Mikel who has also captained the team a few times will also be missing the game.

Maybe Ivanovic or Cole?

n_atletico_de_madrid_fernando_torres-899

:ph34r::ph34r:

Our set pieces were awful tonight but of late, our free kicks have been especially poor. Donno why we let Luiz shoot on the two occasions that we had free-kicks in decent positions. I mean its been a year since the lad has scored a free kick. I was hoping for Lampard to take the one late on and hopefully go for a low shot that would at least force a save from Thibaut and potentially a rebound for guys in and around the 6 yard box.

But yeah.... set pieces were very poor tonight. And free kicks this season have been very meh...

I have no idea why Luiz keeps taking FK's. I know he has the quality, and the saying goes, "if at first you fail to succeed, try try again", but enough is enough.

We need someone who at the very least hits the target more often than not!

It is so frustrating that we played great tonight ok we don't score but we were solid and tried very hard.

If we had just done that against Sunderland we could still be set for the title.

The injuries and suspensions worry me. I can't Cech and Terry injured. It's not good for the team they are backbone.

Also I really wanted to see them at my first game at the bridge but looks like they are out :(

It would be so sad for John if we get to the final and it's third one in a row he would miss. Gutting :(

Potentialy no Etoo, Hazard, Cech, Terry, Mikel, Lamps...

Bloody hell, the rematch wont be easy without those players. Hope Hazard gets well and puts rises to ocassion, scoring winning goal or making key moment of game or sth. If he can play, its his time to step up.

It is so frustrating that we played great tonight ok we don't score but we were solid and tried very hard.

If we had just done that against Sunderland we could still be set for the title.

The injuries and suspensions worry me. I can't Cech and Terry injured. It's not good for the team they are backbone.

Also I really wanted to see them at my first game at the bridge but looks like they are out :(

It would be so sad for John if we get to the final and it's third one in a row he would miss. Gutting :(

When he doesnt play, we win :) he deserves to play final though...

Everyone was brilliant tonight!

Mikel was in beast mode!

the back four were all superb!

Luiz did his usual harassing and winning headers

Ramires and Willians work rate is amazing! both could work on their final product!

Torres did really well working on scraps, harrrased their defenders and worked his socks off, did well to win the free kicks

Massive gave for skippy to be brought into! good solid display apart from one dodgy punch!

Only disappointed for me was Lampard...once again, pains me to say it, but how many times has he given away free kicks and been booked, because he just can't keep up anymore....I wouldn't mind if he was having great performances...but he's really not! don't remember one this season!

Beutiful words, but still he is a waste of space. We were hoofing the ball up every time. Ba would be there to hold up the ball, draw defenders and whatnot.

Ba would effectively taking that into account, "harass" them more. Kill more time.

Torres just adds NOTHING. I cannot see anything he does that is an advantage for us. Simple as. Anyone claiming anything else is just in denial.

Utterly nonsense.

Ba can only win few headers, hold up?! He would be even worst than Torres.

And yeah Torres contributed nothing right? How about those free kicks and corners he won which by the way were our best and only scoring chances? Drop your agenda and go watching the game again mate.