Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

I agree because this team is more dangerous when they have the counter. But I'm hoping the reduced spaces at the Bridge will work against them. They like space - as any Spanish team - no matter how physical they are. I think we nullified them perfectly here and would do even better in smaller spaces. If Eto'o can play, I'm positive he can do much better than Torres did (which I honestly think had a good match in the second half and in general, I didn't like his first 25 minutes or so and was pissed at him, but he improved as time passed and did better than Costa imo), not because it's Eto'o and Torres, but because I think it suits Eto'o's style better. I'm hopeful (not exactly confident because the 0x0 is almost as bad as a 1x0 imo) and it's possible, even if we don't have Cech (and who knows about Terry - but I think Terry will be available.

As long as we have Hazard, Eto'o and Terry, will go through!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result. Now just need to finish the job at the Bridge which I'm pretty confident we will, especially with Hazard, Eto'o and Ivanovic back next week. Schwarzer my MotM today, was great since coming on. Feels nice to have a solid backup keeper.

One thing though, I will probably not be able to watch the second leg. So far this season I've only missed four games and we've lost them all (Stoke away, Crystal Palace, Sunderland twice). I will do my best to watch the game but if I can't and we lose it, please don't kill me. :cry:

It would be interesting to see how Mourinho will build the team for the next week. Mikel and Lampard out, and probably Terry.

If so, then

Schwarzer

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Ivanović - Cole

Luiz - Ramires

Mainly Costa, but overall their crying after every ball. I know that Real is probably the same...

Everyone does that I guess. We're guilty of it too at times. Still though apart from the fact that I have a bit of a soft corner for Real, Atleti winning the Liga BBVA is a victory for football.

our future striker looks average against good defending!

hoped for a better performance offensively .. but still a great effort and a good result ..

and the 2nd keeper schwarzer .. well done .. really well done

we're going straight from London to Lisbon ;)

I dont like this result AT ALL. Yes we played well defensively and stopped Atletico, but 0-0 means we pretty much have to win.

As far as the tactics go...

I dont understand why Torres started this game. Considering how we played, and the tactic, he is the worst of our strikers for that kind of game. Defending deep, not countering and just hoofing the ball means one thing. DEMBA BA.

Also Ramires as RW.. 4-3-3 with mikel luiz lampard is enough by far. Should have started schurrle or oscar.

Anyway, if JT, Lamps and Pete will be out for math at SB, who you think will be captain?

That's actually a pretty good question, especially since the fourth longest serving player after those three Mikel who has also captained the team a few times will also be missing the game.

Maybe Ivanovic or Cole?

So what if we're missing Terry, Lampard, Cech etc. For the second leg? We're Chelsea. We can deal with it.

We became only the 3rd team to stop Atletico scoring at home this season, have a second leg at home and north London is fuming about our 'anti football' again. Therefore we've done our job.

One thing though, I will probably not be able to watch the second leg. So far this season I've only missed four games and we've lost them all (Stoke away, Crystal Palace, Sunderland twice). I will do my best to watch the game but if I can't and we lose it, please don't kill me. :cry:

Please do your best to at least pretend that you're watching... We need all the help we can get.