Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Cahill and Terry are absolute lions, nothing more to say. Glad England don't get Terry anymore, don't fucking deserve him, he's been a monster this season. He will be ready sooner rather than later he is that type.

If we have Hazard, Eto'o and Terry fit for the return we win, simple as.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great performance, but a good result. That's all that matters!

The one standout performance for me was Cole. Hasn't played for three months, but didn't look out of place at all. Amazing player.

remember all those reports of heroic English losses in Europe ,,, well there were a lot of them ... Don't expect too much praise for our performance against The Spanish

League leaders ,,,, We are so boring we should be banned from all competition

Our defense is top notch as usual, but we were really lacking in attack. 0-0 is fair although just a little bit boring. But it will be tough at the bridge, injuries, suspensions, the lot!

Bring it on.

They say you need to score away goal to progress nowdays...I hope they are wrong

We were solid in defence, but we were shit in attack....I guess we didnt want to score goal anyway. We have many injured and suspended players. Not good at all.

We have to win at SB, if we draw, we are out. Not the best result, but not a bad one either.

Two stats...

1. Chelsea become only the 4th team this season to avoid defeat at the Vicente Calderon (after Barcelona, Sevilla and Real Madrid).

2. Chelsea are the first team to stop Atletico Madrid from scoring in the Champions League this season.

something I hate about today's match... three out of legends could miss the next match.

I think the three are the biggest leaders in the pitch (Iva's a legend of a different kind). If Terry misses it, then it's going to be really tough in terms of leadership :(

Monster performance by Cahill and some great tactics by Mourinho against one of the best teams in Europe.

A win at the Bridge and we're going to Lisbon :D

Love this nights when all the haters fighting for a TOP4 spot or, worst, a Europa League spot are bragging about Chelsea's style :wank2:

good performance, good result.

i had said that i would have taken a 0-0 draw over a defeat and i stand by it.

next leg, we will get hazard and etoo back and it will be a completely different story and gameplan, i think.

i am pretty confident that we will go thru.

It would be interesting to see how Mourinho will build the team for the next week. Mikel and Lampard out, and probably Terry.

Iva is back, so i can see something like this :

Azpi - Ivan - Cahill - Cole

------ Rambo -- Luiz ------

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

hopefully i wont have to watch a game with so much defending work...it reminded me of the second leg game between us and barcelona back in 2012. just cause it was luiz birthday doesnt mean he should hit every dangerous foul we get...he had super frankie in but luiz did both...thats ridiculous..luckily we didnt concede a goal and swartzer as our defence were quite impressive. just that part though..