Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Flights to Lisbon from London Fri 24th May just gone up from £202 to £374.....

I guess a few people think Chelsea will be on their way there then. Let's hope that is the case come next Weds.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Cole. Fucking beast without even having a run of games to get ready.

Ash should retain his place against Liverpool with Ivanovic at CB and Luiz in midfield.

I dont like this result AT ALL. Yes we played well defensively and stopped Atletico, but 0-0 means we pretty much have to win.

As far as the tactics go...

I dont understand why Torres started this game. Considering how we played, and the tactic, he is the worst of our strikers for that kind of game. Defending deep, not countering and just hoofing the ball means one thing. DEMBA BA.

Also Ramires as RW.. 4-3-3 with mikel luiz lampard is enough by far. Should have started schurrle or oscar.

0-0 against the Spanish champions elect. Only the third team this season to keep them scoreless at home. And just in case you didn't know, we have to win to go through. Thats how you progress. But who said we had to win it tonight? We were superb tonight. Torres played because he works his socks off in matches like these. he done what was required of him and kept their back line on their toes. Ba is more of a poacher and tonight we needed someone to harass them and run at them when we had the ball. That's what Torres done.

Oscar has been poor of late and this type of game just wouldn't suit his style. He may play at the Bridge as we will need to attack more. Ramires played because of his total commitment to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes. I know he can be a loose cannon, but on his day you cannot leave him out and he played his part too tonight. He played that position against Barca 2 seasons ago and scored a cracker with a chip shot on a counter attack.

Mikel was a giant tonight and broke up play, blocked shots, headed out balls, again, everything he was sent out to do. I am not a lover of him, but he played his part tonight and was faultless in all aspects of his game.

Luiz too stood up and was counted. He was playing well in midfield and was equally as good when called upon to defend.

Overall, tactics were spot on, and team selection (considering injuries and suspensions) was superb. He's not called the "Special one" for nothing.

It's half time and all to play for. I think Hazard and Eto'o will be back next wednesday to improve our chances.

These are my reasons for liking the result tonight.........Well done to the team AND the manager.

hopefully i wont have to watch a game with so much defending work...it reminded me of the second leg game between us and barcelona back in 2012. just cause it was luiz birthday doesnt mean he should hit every dangerous foul we get...he had super frankie in but luiz did both...thats ridiculous..luckily we didnt concede a goal and swartzer as our defence were quite impressive. just that part though..

defence is a major part of the game ,, when Jose was here the first time our defence was so good a newspaper ( actually a rag ) offered a reward for the first player to score against us ,,, In baseball a pitcher who goes through 9 innings without conceeding a hit or a walk has pitched a PERFECT game . Tonight our defence

was close to perfect . If you can't appreciate that you might be better watching basketball

PS: I love this forum so much, chelsea fans on our czech site are so stupid... They want us to lose, just to prove Mourinho was wrong with lineup, they still saying Chelsea is boring, they doesn't watch matches etc... What an assholes...

Exactly the same in local forums here! some of them just waiting for for Jose's head to celebrate! still wanking about FSW !

Schwarzer MOTM for me.

Cech is a tough act to follow - and he did well!

Terry hoping its not a major injury!

Costa - looked shit... Honestly, I had more respect for Torres - he really put a shift in.

I'm sorry but I don't see Costa solving our issues and erring back towards Cavanni

Great result though - fuck other teams, jealousy is so obvious...

1-0 at the bridge :)

I thought we might score from last corner :) Lampard and Luiz were shit all night on set pieces - what the fuck are they doing in training? Let someone else have a go :)

Hearing Cech and Terry are out for the rest of the season.

cech yes, terry unclear.

people saying costa was shit...so what was cavani in both games? god damn people judging players over one freaking game. we was parking the bus today with 10 players around our box. even Ronaldo and Messi would struggle (oh wait..messi never scored against us. what a shit player!)

Torres played because he works his socks off in matches like these. he done what was required of him and kept their back line on their toes. Ba is more of a poacher and tonight we needed someone to harass them and run at them when we had the ball. That's what Torres done.

Beutiful words, but still he is a waste of space. We were hoofing the ball up every time. Ba would be there to hold up the ball, draw defenders and whatnot.

Ba would effectively taking that into account, "harass" them more. Kill more time.

Torres just adds NOTHING. I cannot see anything he does that is an advantage for us. Simple as. Anyone claiming anything else is just in denial.