Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

2012 all over again, we do better when We are depleted. I love Terry but we get lucky when he misses CL finals. Luiz, Cole, Schwerzer, Azpi, William will rise to the occasion.

Awwwwwwwwwww!!! Don't be mean ti Terry! I sure hope they step up. Hopefully Hazard plays!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well clearly Atletico and Simeone are clueless when it comes to attack because they found it hard to break down a team who set up to defend. Obviously their full-backs weren't overlapping enough, because when we struggle to break down teams it's the lack of Luke fucking Shaw which kills us.

Fantastic result though, and yet another example of the toll taken on a club when they have to play CL football as well. We'll get them back to the Bridge and hopefully have another of those great European nights.

Well clearly Atletico and Simeone are clueless when it comes to attack because they found it hard to break down a team who set up to defend. Obviously their full-backs weren't overlapping enough, because when we struggle to break down teams it's the lack of Luke fucking Shaw which kills us.

Fantastic result though, and yet another example of the toll taken on a club when they have to play CL football as well. We'll get them back to the Bridge and hopefully have another of those great European nights.

Let's all drink to the hope of another great European night!

defence is a major part of the game ,, when Jose was here the first time our defence was so good a newspaper ( actually a rag ) offered a reward for the first player to score against us ,,, In baseball a pitcher who goes through 9 innings without conceeding a hit or a walk has pitched a PERFECT game . Tonight our defence

was close to perfect . If you can't appreciate that you might be better watching basketball

i never said that defence is not a major part of the game. i congratulated our defensive line for its well performance last night. im confused though about which was the game's goal to us. just not to concede?... what i said was that we only cared about our defence and nothing else. if you do appreciate that type of playing, then i guess you are supporting the wrong team

and btw. defence has the same if not greater role in basketball as well

we lack offensive mentality and thats a fact. we need to change that in summer with the addition of 3-4 players.. middlefielders as also striker(s). as i see things hazard will most probably leave for real madrid in summer. he already stated that he would like a move to real. defensively we are good. we need players to help in front and the man who will put the ball in the back of the net..torres and ba surely are not what we need, while etoo is a bit old even though still in great shape for his age.

we lack offensive mentality and thats a fact. we need to change that in summer with the addition of 3-4 players.. middlefielders as also striker(s). as i see things hazard will most probably leave for real madrid in summer. he already stated that he would like a move to real. defensively we are good. we need players to help in front and the man who will put the ball in the back of the net..torres and ba surely are not what we need, while etoo is a bit old even though still in great shape for his age.

Oh, that's interesting. Will they be paying us in rainbows or lovehearts?

But I agree we need more middlefielders. Maybe a couple of topfielders, and at least 7 bottomfielders.

Everyone has being saying good result, we defended well, etc,etc...

But how is 0-0 a good result going in a home leg? They can defend and can defend really well (that we all know), all they need is a goal and we need to score 2 to win!

Plus we never attacked so most of the time we soaked the pressure and we are good at that .... It is difficult to make us specially when we stay deep.

Anyways, i hope we win at the Bridge ... For me the performance was just another day in the office where we maintain our standards in the back..

Because we stopped a VERY good attacking side from scoring on their on patch?

I think the result favors Atletico

• we've struggled against parked buses all season, and tactically atletico will come to give us the taste of our own medicne
  • playing extra time will favor the away team
  • if it comes to it, they'll have a better chance in penalty shoot out because they've by far a better GK
  • we've lost lampard, JT and peter
  • due to its smaller pitch size, SB is suited for parking the bus and counter atacking

• we've struggled against parked buses all season, and tactically atletico will come to give us the taste of our own medicne
  • if it comes to it, they'll have a better chance in penalty shoot out because they've by far a better GK
  • due to its smaller pitch size, SB is suited for parking the bus and counter atacking

I will counter that with one thing.......Champions League semi final night at Stamford Bridge

0-0 is a good result for Chelsea for those slating chelsea for being defensive need to understand that Athletico have one of the best denfences in Europe and trying to attack them on their home ground would have only left us open at the back.

A defeat against Athletico would be realistically game over as they would just shut up shop at SF

I believe the game at SF will be of 2 halves, 1st half AM will park the bus allowing us to come forward and trying to play on the counter and if the scores remain level I can see the game opening up in the 2nd half which will suit us.

If we cannot beat Athletico at home than we don't deserve to be in the final.

<p>

We will be definitely stronger in our attacks with Hazard back and the crowd are going to blow the roof away. Leti can't cope with that

I will counter that with one thing.......Champions League semi final night at Stamford Bridge

that wont be much of a difference, we all know SB aint that loud ... btw, where did the flags go? ... I'm so disappointed in Jose right now. how in hell does a team with so much attacking talent play that way? :( and I can't believe people are proud of the performance

that wont be much of a difference, we all know SB aint that loud ... btw, where did the flags go? ... I'm so disappointed in Jose right now. how in hell does a team with so much attacking talent play that way? :( and I can't believe people are proud of the performance

Stamford Bridge on a big night is immense, have you ever been on a big night occasion? We had a game plan and people talk about it as if it's not allowed, and instead of moaning all the fucking time give the lads and manager a bit of credit for going to the leaders in Spain and getting a draw.

This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

Stamford Bridge on a big night is immense, have you ever been on a big night occasion? We had a game plan and people talk about it as if it's not allowed, and instead of moaning all the fucking time give the lads and manager a bit of credit for going to the leaders in Spain and getting a draw.

Completely agree

At times I think certain fans will prefer a 3-1 defeat to a 0-0 draw, its mind boggling

calm the fuck down. I know that was his game plan, but the question is does the result suit us? we all know how we've been performing against teams defending deep this season... I know even crazier shit has happened in football and I'm not giving up hope yet but I'm tiered of watching the team doing it the hard way, I'm tiered of nervy last minutes...

YOU ARE HOPING FOR A MIRACLE, I'M HOPING FOR ONE TOO... WE ALL ARE.. but aint you tiered of it?