Jase

Man of the Match  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one more for another UCL final. Its really unbelievable how close we are.

Real Madrid or Bayern, I really can't see us losing the final, Mourinho won't lose a UCL final. Even if we lose, we get stronger as team. Those moments are very important for a team as a whole.

But...I dont think the result was GREAT. We all know the team biggest problem: unable to create enough chances even when players like Hazard, Willian, Orcar and Schurle are on the pitch. Atletico defensive system is just amazing. If they score one single goal, tie is over. I really cant see us scoring 2 while they are parking the bus (no doubt they will park the bus if they score first). Mourinho wont play this ultra defensive football again, Atletico will have more space to score.

Beutiful words, but still he is a waste of space. We were hoofing the ball up every time. Ba would be there to hold up the ball, draw defenders and whatnot.

Ba would effectively taking that into account, "harass" them more. Kill more time.

Torres just adds NOTHING. I cannot see anything he does that is an advantage for us. Simple as. Anyone claiming anything else is just in denial.

clap clap to the number 1 torres fan..hahahaha

Very happy with the performance the squad put in today. Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Mikel, Cole, Willian, Ramires and Torres worked EXTREMELY hard today and that's the kind of effort that wins titles.

I'm not too bothered with Cech being out for the season, I feel Schwarzer is adequate cover and we'll be fine. Losing Terry will definitely hurt because now we'll have a very unfamiliar back 5. Not the right time of year to juggle things but it doesn't matter we'll get through it because we're gonna be at home for this.

That wasn't our strongest XI and we went there and did a job! Certainly commendable! In the return leg we won't be full strength but will be with our best attacking players. I fancy us to knick it 1-0 at the bridge if we get Hazard and Eto'o in that game.

This is another GOLDEN opportunity to go to a finals, we can't focus on who's missing its gonna take a gritty performance from everyone to make it happen.

The big question now is who do we risk for Liverpool? Do we focus strictly on Champions League?

If it were up to me I'd just put every egg and the chicken in one basket. No sense in fighting for the league when the FA seem hell bent on making the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough be a special one.

Liverpool lineup

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Ivanovic - Cole

Mikel - Lampard - Matic

Salah - Ba - Schurrle

Atletico

Luiz - Ramires

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Eto'o

Heroic defending from everyone and truly some magnificent workrate, including those who have not been regular starters, such as Mikel or Ash. However, total zero in attack but I guess Mou came for this result. Finishing the job at the Bridge, though, is going to be pretty difficult without all the players. At least one of Hazard, Eto'o must be fit, it would immediately increase our chances. Hopefully the lack of the majority of fanatic Spanish fans will help us, too. The final is really close, come on boys!

Watching us last night and knowing how close we are to another CL final made me feel soo lucky to be a Chelsea fan. Even when we play soo defensively and unatractive football, I look at how far we have come and I hope it continues for many moons!!!

may be because of good wine, may be not. but i was calm all 90 min.

I even enjoyed watching this game - i liked Villian when he walked slowly, i liked very serious face of Luiz, when he wanted to do free kick.

i liked our smart and tricky coach, because everything on the field went according to his plan

Was he waving to Chelsea fans? Does he understand English?

I know this game was that sort of game where you can't really objectively judge players, especially CF-s, but for me, this game made me want us to sign Cavani even more. This type of games aren't rare for us in the Premier League against defensive line-ups and Costa didn't impress me one bit. Cavani, although missed chances (that weren't easy chances), created them himself with direct running and speed.

Must say though, think the referee did alright. Can't think of any particular situation where he made a wrong call for either side. One thing though was that I think their nr.9 Raul Garcia should have been booked, was fouling constantly..

Very happy with the performance the squad put in today. Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Mikel, Cole, Willian, Ramires and Torres worked EXTREMELY hard today and that's the kind of effort that wins titles.

I'm not too bothered with Cech being out for the season, I feel Schwarzer is adequate cover and we'll be fine. Losing Terry will definitely hurt because now we'll have a very unfamiliar back 5. Not the right time of year to juggle things but it doesn't matter we'll get through it because we're gonna be at home for this.

That wasn't our strongest XI and we went there and did a job! Certainly commendable! In the return leg we won't be full strength but will be with our best attacking players. I fancy us to knick it 1-0 at the bridge if we get Hazard and Eto'o in that game.

This is another GOLDEN opportunity to go to a finals, we can't focus on who's missing its gonna take a gritty performance from everyone to make it happen.

The big question now is who do we risk for Liverpool? Do we focus strictly on Champions League?

If it were up to me I'd just put every egg and the chicken in one basket. No sense in fighting for the league when the FA seem hell bent on making the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough be a special one.

Liverpool lineup

Mikel - Lampard - Matic

Salah - Ba - Schurrle

Atletico

Luiz - Ramires

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Eto'o

Yeah maybe i would give Ake/Baker/Kalas some game time

Everyone has being saying good result, we defended well, etc,etc...

But how is 0-0 a good result going in a home leg? They can defend and can defend really well (that we all know), all they need is a goal and we need to score 2 to win!
Plus we never attacked so most of the time we soaked the pressure and we are good at that .... It is difficult to make us specially when we stay deep.

Anyways, i hope we win at the Bridge ... For me the performance was just another day in the office where we maintain our standards in the back..