John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have ivanovic as a back up centre back if needs be, but we're not in a crisis in defence like some seem to think. If we play Cahill and Zouma in the central pairing and Azpilicueta and Baba either flanks, we shouldn't have a problem for pressing higher. We have just as good a defence as any top team in Europe, it's just individual mistakes that have let us down. We should have thought about strenghtening this area as soon as the window opened though, not 5 days before the close of the window - ridiculous by the board. After all the praise we have been giving the board, they now have made it difficult for themselves to get in replacements so late.

Meh. Let's go elsewhere. His head is clearly in the wrong place now, and Everton have lost the chance to invest the £30-40m he'd have cost. Their loss. We'll go elsewhere and find a suitable (and more experienced...) replacement, i.e. Garay, for half the cost.

People keep saying "move on an get someone else." I want to hear names from you people. Who are we going to get that as good as Stones or has the potential of Stones? Zero chance we can get Varane, zero chance we can get Laporte this late in the window, and don't give me Hummels either because he ain't leaving Dortmund.

We don't get Stones and we risk disaster if our CB's don't suddenly improve DRASTICALLY. They'll continue to get ripped apart by pace and the ball will continue to go over their heads by a simple lob while they laughably get caught too high up the pitch. Cahill will continue to embarrassed in 1v1 scenarios and JT, love him as we all do, will continue to get ruthlessly exposed when a striker with pace and great movement targets him.

laporte ??

People keep saying "move on an get someone else." I want to hear names from you people. Who are we going to get that as good as Stones or has the potential of Stones? Zero chance we can get Varane, zero chance we can get Laporte this late in the window, and don't give me Hummels either because he ain't leaving Dortmund.

We don't get Stones and we risk disaster if our CB's don't suddenly improve DRASTICALLY. They'll continue to get ripped apart by pace and the ball will continue to go over their heads by a simple lob while they laughably get caught too high up the pitch. Cahill will continue to embarrassed in 1v1 scenarios and JT, love him as we all do, will continue to get ruthlessly exposed when a striker with pace and great movement targets him.

I'd be amazed if Mourinho hasn't drawn up a list of alternatives. Those alternatives won't be long-term options in the Zouma/Varane/Stones mould, but a mid-term (2-4 years) option in Subotic or Garay is a possibility. Let's be honest, Stones and Zouma are not ready to be immediately thrown into the CL. There needs to be a gradual transition, with Terry giving way to another experienced CB, who, along with Cahill, can bring through Zouma and Stones under their constant tuition. Was John Terry ever thrown into action? No, he was gradually brought in, under the tuition of Desailly and Gallas.

So, it's morning now. Have Everton rejected the transfer request yet...?

Not yet. Wonder if the statement will say definitively that "he's not for sale at any price."

If that happens then it's officially dead.

Not yet. Wonder if the statement will say definitively that "he's not for sale at any price."

If that happens then it's officially dead.

OR it could be just a ploy to get more $$$$$. Find it funny that Everton are so adamant on not selling Stones when they have sold key players in the past. They might be able to keep Stones in this window, but it's unlikely they will be able to do that in the future because whatever they perceive themselves to be, they aren't in a position to keep hold of the best players for long.

I'd be amazed if Mourinho hasn't drawn up a list of alternatives. Those alternatives won't be long-term options in the Zouma/Varane/Stones mould, but a mid-term (2-4 years) option in Subotic or Garay is a possibility. Let's be honest, Stones and Zouma are not ready to be immediately thrown into the CL. There needs to be a gradual transition, with Terry giving way to another experienced CB, who, along with Cahill, can bring through Zouma and Stones under their constant tuition. Was John Terry ever thrown into action? No, he was gradually brought in, under the tuition of Desailly and Gallas.

Great points. I think that Stones can/could have been gradually eased in. Didn't have to start 100% of our games this season.

I just have my reservations about "settling" for a stopgap or short term player. We've seen how badly it can turn out first hand recently. Big names aren't available so we buy for the sake of making up the numbers and end up regretting it quickly.

OR it could be just a ploy to get more $$$$$. Find it funny that Everton are so adamant on not selling Stones when they have sold key players in the past. They might be able to keep Stones in this window, but it's unlikely they will be able to do that in the future because whatever they perceive themselves to be, they aren't in a position to keep hold of the best players for long.

They kind of will be in a position to keep them. They'll be making well over £100m in annual TV revenue starting next season.

Hes not respected already, they followed him home last night. Red or Blue theyre still scousers

http://m.101greatgoals.com/top-stories/everton-fans-abuse-john-stones-after-barnsley-called-a-chelsea-target-a-rat-fans-follow-him-home-videos/

They kind of will be in a position to keep them. They'll be making well over £100m in annual TV revenue starting next season.

But the big clubs will also get that kind of money. If you want big pay AND a chance to win major trophies, you won't go to Everton. At the end of the day, teams like Chelsea, Man United, Man City, Arsenal etc will still be able to offer more than the lesser clubs to players.

Forcing him out....lovely.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You