John Stones

Sidzeret

Those will be some fun negotiations!

Another year of him improving and us being more desperate because JT will be a year older. And the TV money kicking in making it less necessary for Everton to sell and if they were open to selling him they can ask for £60m.

Well, it seems their president won't let him go, even if we offered that sum at the moment either. So, maybe next summer, Stones might also give us a hand by putting a transfer request.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why some people are talking about Stones like he's the only CB we should get? i didnt followed him too well but i find it hard to believe that he's that special.

Everton dont want to sell for 30m? ok, thats the maximum i would even consider for him and im happy the club isnt going crazy about a 21 yo CB with one good season. Its already a big risk in 30m.

If we can't sign him because whatever, better have a plan b. Someone like Laporte is a good option. And Aymeric has a release clause; 40m euros, if I remember well. So, no more BS about the transfer price.

For me, he should be plan A out of the two but I get the need for homegrown players in the squad.

been linked to Varane this weekend, and suddenly we are out of the Stones race. :rolleyes:

Should fuckin hope so too!

We should have been trying for Varane for 2 seasons and now I think we are too late.

The problem is I cant see us getting neither tho Id love either as we are going to need one.

we are kinda stuck cause we obviously want an Englishman to have an important role on the team. And since English players are typically not the best when it comes to skill positions, we are forced to sign Stones. And Even though I'm not English, I'd be bothered if we didn't have any key English players on our team

You're asking me if I saw his performance yesterday but you clearly haven't. Stones was once again brilliant yesterday like he has been in each of their first three matches. In which time our defense has been ripped apart.

It's not comparable to Torres because like I said, he was a crock when we bought him. Like Shaw and like Sterling, Stones can only get better. He's not suddenly going to fall off a cliff like Torres did. He's already fantastic playing with average players at Everton.

Again I use the examples of Ferdinand and Rooney. Looked expensive at the time they were bought but look like unbelievable business now. Shaw, Stones, and Sterling will be just like that.

Stones was indeed very good, but made those two stupid mistakes that he could avoid. Any defender you pay 40m for shouldnt do that. It was Luiz type of mistake of thinking he is Messi or sth. He is defender. A CB. Being good with the ball is a plus, not primary thing he has to master. Positioning and tackling. Thats what I expect a 40m CB will be a master in it. But yet people claim he has great control on the ball and maturity. Yesterday he shown why he is at best just a young, inexperienced kid. For his age, yes he looks quite calm. But when he will face top teams under pressure here, I would prefer Cahill over him any day. At least ATM. If Cahill made those mistakes, he would be destroyed. Just saying he is 21 and already as good as Cahill makes no sense. He lacks experience, plus if we are paying 40m, he better be 10 times better than any defender we have. But he obviously isnt. Potential is one thing, but not worth 40m risk for me when you can get (or could get) current best defenders in the world for that money (example Otamendi who was world class last year, that said it was just one season).

what class? did u see his performance yesterday? if GC had put that performance he would have been burned alive. and how is it not comparable to torres. we are over-paying by atleast double the value of a player who clearly might never be worth that value.

give kalas the amount of confidence stones has got from martinez. or andreas. both will never play cos of our grass is greener syndrome. just like kdb never got a real chance here and now he is worth 55 mil pounds.

YOU had not heard of otamendi. YOU had only heard of stones cos he is another over-hyped english player. i remeber a lot of people saying the same thing when cazorla was bought or mata was bought. just cos people's knowledge of football is non-existent outside of PL, does not mean those players are not good.

also, otamendi is 27. if he can give 5 good years, that is more than enough. 5 years in football is a life time.

3 months ago we had walked the league, look at city and chelsea now.

I completely agree, but for one point. Christensen is in my eyes the most overrated youth to come from academy and being so hyped. I saw him about 4 times and he was average at best. And those were u21 games, which are couple times easier than senior. IMO he shown little to be actualy considered as our future. Kalas on other hand, he was promising, but I think we completely wasted most important year of his career so far; by loaning him to Koln where he failed big time. Boro loan was decent, but I realy dont like to rate any player who didnt even play in top tier division like Germany, spain, Italy, england or france.

Not sure, if he keeps up the form can see MU paying 40m with ease next summer for him

LVG will never pay $40 million pounds for a 21 year old John Stones. He's got like for John Stones there already. Smalling, Evans, Jones, Paddy Mc Nair, Blackett and Stones? Plus some of the same player caliber on loan. If he does he will be certifiably insane.

what class? did u see his performance yesterday? if GC had put that performance he would have been burned alive. and how is it not comparable to torres. we are over-paying by atleast double the value of a player who clearly might never be worth that value.

give kalas the amount of confidence stones has got from martinez. or andreas. both will never play cos of our grass is greener syndrome. just like kdb never got a real chance here and now he is worth 55 mil pounds.

YOU had not heard of otamendi. YOU had only heard of stones cos he is another over-hyped english player. i remeber a lot of people saying the same thing when cazorla was bought or mata was bought. just cos people's knowledge of football is non-existent outside of PL, does not mean those players are not good.

also, otamendi is 27. if he can give 5 good years, that is more than enough. 5 years in football is a life time.

3 months ago we had walked the league, look at city and chelsea now.

HAHAHAH are you seriously claiming Stones played poorly against City. He kept the same Aguero that dragged our defense all over the place quiet the entire game. Not his fault Howard is shit & McCarthy didn't track Nasri's run.

You're asking me if I saw his performance yesterday but you clearly haven't. Stones was once again brilliant yesterday like he has been in each of their first three matches. In which time our defense has been ripped apart.

It's not comparable to Torres because like I said, he was a crock when we bought him. Like Shaw and like Sterling, Stones can only get better. He's not suddenly going to fall off a cliff like Torres did. He's already fantastic playing with average players at Everton.

Again I use the examples of Ferdinand and Rooney. Looked expensive at the time they were bought but look like unbelievable business now. Shaw, Stones, and Sterling will be just like that.

IF Stones performance yesterday was brilliant, then there's nothing much else to say. Ivanovic is vilified daily here for less.Not to mention Ramirez and Fabregas.

HAHAHAH are you seriously claiming Stones played poorly against City. He kept the same Aguero that dragged our defense all over the place quiet the entire game. Not his fault Howard is shit & McCarthy didn't track Nasri's run.

And Cahill kept Messi in his pocket in 2012. Zouma kept Aguero in pocket too last season. Means nothing. Stones made two silly mistakes that allowed city a chance to score in same game.

Main thing is our whole defence from back 4 apart from Azpi, to Cesc and Matic is beyond shit right now. 7 goals in 3games under Mou...tells you something.

Bringing a kid with little experience and GIANT pressure wont solve anything.

yes, he was so brilliant last night that he did the same thing that people on here castrate GC for. if it had been GC who had done that, people would literally have picked up their pitchforks and torches.

like shaw? he had a terrible first season and sterling is yet to prove that he is the 6th most expensive player EVER.

rooney and rio became world class players. what about the types of downings who were bought for 20mil and were flops. and most of the english players turn out to be exactly that.

LOL..

I have a complete analysis of the both Everton goals and Stones involvement with pictures that I will like to post on my desktop in a word doc. But the system is not allowing me the option to post. Is there a tech admin, that I can send it to for posting?

And Cahill kept Messi in his pocket in 2012. Zouma kept Aguero in pocket too last season. Means nothing. Stones made two silly mistakes that allowed city a chance to score in same game.

Main thing is our whole defence from back 4 apart from Azpi, to Cesc and Matic is beyond shit right now. 7 goals in 3games under Mou...tells you something.

Bringing a kid with little experience and GIANT pressure wont solve anything.

What game exactly did Cahill have Messi in his pocket? Please stop. Stones was excellent against City, nitpicking his performance is embarrassing considering he's already better than Cahill is despite his inexperience.

Fact is Stones is the most gifted CB of his generation along with Varane. He passes through the lines with ease, he has the diagonal in his locker, composure galore, pace, strength, great in the air, excellent reading of the game, clean tackler etc He isn't your run of the mill defender, he's a special talent.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You