John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Laporte and Gimenez are both better and time will show that.

But for either, I wouldnt pay 40m.

Stones is good, but he is not that great. Sorry.

Yeah just like Depay was more talented than Sterling right? You think English talent are overrated & overhyped yeah we get it.

putting in a public transfer request will put pressure on Everton to sell..but some seem to think that is all that is holding this deal back.it`s really not that simple.

I think he has already told the club he wants to leave for us and he doesn`t want to publicly disrespect the club by putting in a public transfer request. but he may as the window closing approaches. I think we can get him if we put in another bid.

the Garay talk could change things either way..either it makes Everton think we don`t need him as much as they think so they stop dragging their feet,or they can see it as they have beaten us off and will keep stones.

According to The Times, Stones is keen on moving but with Everton determined not to sell, the England international is weighing up whether to force the move himself by handing in the transfer request.

Do explain.

It's almost like you guys think it's outrageous that Everton won't sell to Chelsea. How dare they?

There's been absolutely nothing to suggest that John Stones is even considering moving away from Everton, let alone handing in a transfer request, He;s still playing every single week to the best of his ability and knowing the type of character he is, he won't be trying to force a move anywhere.

It's almost like you guys think it's outrageous that Everton won't sell to Chelsea. How dare they?

There's been absolutely nothing to suggest that John Stones is even considering moving away from Everton, let alone handing in a transfer request, He;s still playing every single week to the best of his ability and knowing the type of character he is, he won't be trying to force a move anywhere.

Fair enough.

IF he does hand in a transfer request and you still deny him the move then that'll be fucked up. This is the way the football world works. Stopping a player from taking a huge step up in his career is small time.

I see what youre saying, so, on 3 occasions why has martinez still not categorically stated there hasnt been a TR. Nobody besides Martinez and Stones, his agent and board know whether he has privately asked to leave. I think he "may" have done so and that is why Martinez is not denying it.

Anyone would just say "no" if asked has there been a TR, or when asked if itd make a difference just say "no, hes not for sale" He is dodging it, plain and obvious. Why is he dodging it? Because he is tired or the questions? Doubtful, he knows before every presser until the deadline that he will be asked.

Or because he knows if he denies a TR or the fact Stones has asked to leave privately he is lying?

For what it is worth, a lot of Everton fans think we are leaking this info to the media to force Stones to push for the move... remind me who leaked the original bid? His agent apparently. Is he leaking this info about a TR etc being considered?

Yeah just like Depay was more talented than Sterling right? You think English talent are overrated & overhyped yeah we get it.

I never said Depay was more talented than Sterling. That said I do think english players are overrated including Kane, Sterling and Stones.

But I also think Sterling will actualy make it. I was also one who was for us to buy Sterling...

Anyway i might underhype Stones but if you think he is worth 40m than its not me who is wrong.

Firstly, well said. Everton's responsibility is to their own fans, their club as a whole and to their player. As far as that last responsibility goes, many well respected commentators have offered the opinion that remaining at Everton is best for Stones. This means that Everton should not be accused of ignoring John's best interests in insisting that he stay. I don't happen to agree, that staying is best for him but that's a side issue, you and plenty of others see it differently.

Secondly, I think all of us here fully appreciate Everton's right to decide if they want to accept an offer or not.

Thirdly, as Arsene Wenger said a few years back, there comes a point in the life of any transfer deal, when you have to know if the player is interested in joining your club. If, as seems likely, Chelsea are continuing to bid, it's reasonable to assume that they have received encouragement of some kind. That encouragement can only have come from the Stones camp so I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Stones would at least like to hear what Chelsea have to say.

Who knows how it will go. Personally I agree with those people who think we have bigger priorities but I don't make those decisions. More's the pity. :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You