John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we didn't have to be farting around in the last week of silly season trying to fill 2 positions we need filling.

If people dont see we need a good CB (along with a world class CM) then theyre bonkers.

Everton are closing in on the signing of River Plate centre-backRamiro Funes Mori, according to Sky sources.

We understand a deal of around £6mililion could be completed in the next 24 hours.

The 24-year-old was at Goodison Park to watch the Toffees’ defeat to Manchester City on Super Sunday.

We understand Mori remains on Merseyside and is expected to have a medical today.

They needed another more established CB to replace Distin and Alcaraz who left in the summer so I don't think he's a replacement for Stones.

Maybe Benedikt Höwedes. 27, good all around and versatile.

There's Laporte left only from the hot picks. I doubt we'll get Varane next season also, he is way too good and young for them to let him go no matter his wishes.

I'm still hoping we get Stones, it would be shame to drop everything. Don't give too much attention to what people report in the next few days, everything can happen.

Laporte and Höwedes both would be decent options. Höwedes btw would be dead cheap as his release clause is only 18m € ( exactly 13,25 m pounds atm)

I finally sat back and watched Stones yesterday without frills. The guy is another Luis waiting to happen, even worse. Both goals were partially his fault. He runs all over the field chasing balls and leaves his position wide open. The first goal, he let Raheem take him inside, from the right side of his defense, laving him with too much space, and passing the final ball through his legs to Kolarov, who easily beat the Gk near post.

The second goal, he ran chasing the ball to the center mid-field, then all the way to the left side of Everton defense, clattered with his own man, leaving Nasri to complete a one-two flick pass with Yaya for a practice goal. Very school boy marking. Other than some aggressive English style clearing slide tackles, he's tactically naive, cannot organize a Sunday meeting and has a lot to learn.

He played more like a defensive midfielder than a center back. If we are looking for immediate fix, he's not it. Maybe a long term fix, if he is allowed to work under JT for the next three years. We should back out of this deal and leave him be. Omeruo will be a better cover on the bench without drama of the English press, clamoring for an immediate playing time on a weekly basis.

His signing gets more complicated day after day. 55 million euros? 40.58 million pounds ?. that is something crazy.

I think we are making a great effort to sign John Stones, with John Terry, Cahill and Jose praising Him and doing (supposedly) three bids which are more or less acceptable.

But now is John Stones who has to speak up and put pressure against Everton and Martinez. I'm not saying that he has to confront against them, but Stones should say, "Thank Everton for everything you have given me, but now I want to realize my dream. " If Stones does not put pressure... his move is impossible.

By the way, for 55 million euros (40.58 pounds) Real Madrid could accept an offer to sign Varane.

List of the most expensive defenses in history (more or less. the amounts are approximate)

1. David Luiz. 49.5 million euros. 36.52 million pounds.
2. Rio Ferdinand. 46 million euros. 33.94 million pounds.
3. Otamendi. 45 million euros. 33.20 million pounds.
4. Thiago Silva. 42 million euros. 30.99 million pounds.
5. Thuram. 41.5 million euros. 30.62 million pounds.
6. Mangala. 40 million euros. 29.51 million pounds.
7. Luke Shaw. 37. 5 Million. 27.67 million pounds.
8. Dani Alves. 35.5 million euros. 26.19 million pounds.
9. Danilo. 31.5. millions of euros. 23.24 million pounds.
10. Marquinhos. 31. 4 million euros. 23.17 million pounds.

Everton and Martinez should not forget that we are in the real world. John Stones is one of the best centre-backs for the future, but the amounts of money that they ask are irrational.

Regards.

I finally sat back and watched Stones yesterday without frills. The guy is another Luis waiting to happen, even worse. Both goals were partially his fault. He runs all over the field chasing balls and leaves his position wide open. The first goal, he let Raheem take him inside, from the right side of his defense, laving him with too much space, and passing the final ball through his legs to Kolarov, who easily beat the Gk near post.

The second goal, he ran chasing the ball to the center mid-field, then all the way to the left side of Everton defense, clattered with his own man, leaving Nasri to complete a one-two flick pass with Yaya for a practice goal. Very school boy marking. Other than some aggressive English style clearing slide tackles, he's tactically naive, cannot organize a Sunday meeting and has a lot to learn.

He played more like a defensive midfielder than a center back. If we are looking for immediate fix, he's not it. Maybe a long term fix, if he is allowed to work under JT for the next three years. We should back out of this deal and leave him be. Omeruo will be a better cover on the bench without drama of the English press, clamoring for an immediate playing time on a weekly basis.

One game?

Who gives a fucking shit about his cost!? Why do so many of you care so much?

If we bid £40m for him we can obviously afford it. Easily, in fact! If a big club wants a player they pay up and get him. Every single club with the same ambitions as us (Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City, PSG, United) don't ever hesitate when they truly lust after a player. United wanted Di Maria? £60m. Real Madrid wanted Bale? £80m. Barca wanted Neymar? I read during that scandal last season that they may have spent as much as £90m or something in total getting him. City go and spend £50m on Sterling without any trouble at all, signed ANOTHER super expensive CB, and are after another £50m attacking player despite dominating so far and ALREADY HAVING A MORE EXPENSIVE SQUAD THAN US! You think the fans over on Bluemoon are saying "lol, £40m!? Just walk away!" No, they're desperate to see their club win and have top players.

Yet some of you here (like didierforever) are acting as though buying Stones will bankrupt the club or something.

It was estimated by people who do this kind of financial stuff for a living that we could spend £150m this window with relative ease. And that was BEFORE we found out that FFP was being relaxed! We've spent about half of that amount so far. We can afford to splash more comfortably.

Just fucking get him, don't care the price. I don't even care if he costs £45m! Just get him. Everyone will forget the price in a year or two when he's bossing it in our back 4 and with the new TV money, I doubt he'll look so expensive for long.

For the first goal he was covering for Coleman and was basically playing as a right back against Sterling and Jagielka was covering the offside when the final pass occurred. For the second goal he was nowhere near the ball, the situation you are talking about was for Navas not for Nasri and Howard saved. I think he was playing as a defensive mid too, but i guess this one comes from the manager because in other games he doesnt play like that.

Who gives a fucking shit about his cost!? Why do so many of you care so much?

If we bid £40m for him we can obviously afford it. Easily, in fact! If a big club wants a player they pay up and get him. Every single club with the same ambitions as us (Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, City, PSG, United) don't ever hesitate when they truly lust after a player. United wanted Di Maria? £60m. Real Madrid wanted Bale? £80m. Barca wanted Neymar? I read during that scandal last season that they may have spent as much as £90m or something in total getting him. City go and spend £50m on Sterling without any trouble at all, signed ANOTHER super expensive CB, and are after another £50m attacking player despite dominating so far and ALREADY HAVING A MORE EXPENSIVE SQUAD THAN US! You think the fans over on Bluemoon are saying "lol, £40m!? Just walk away!" No, they're desperate to see their club win and have top players.

Yet some of you here (like didierforever) are acting as though buying Stones will bankrupt the club or something.

It was estimated by people who do this kind of financial stuff for a living that we could spend £150m this window with relative ease. And that was BEFORE we found out that FFP was being relaxed! We've spent about half of that amount so far. We can afford to splash more comfortably.

Just fucking get him, don't care the price. I don't even care if he costs £45m! Just get him. Everyone will forget the price in a year or two when he's bossing it in our back 4 and with the new TV money, I doubt he'll look so expensive for long.

Point is he isnt that great and maybe never will be.

If he was beast I would pay 100m for him because good cbs are rare.

But to pay world record for defender on 21 yrs Stones, well everton and Stones can fuck off.

He wont improve our defense big time this season. Rather wait, play Zouma (if you think Zouma and Stones will play at same time your joking yourself and hell no I dont want us to pay 40m for stones and have zouma on bench, while both are same level now). Then get an actual top defender like Varane Godin Laporte Gimenez etc. For 55m Im sure we can get them eventualy. And they are actualy top defenders.

I know we need english players but dont pay 55m on Cb just because of that. English players are overrated as fuck. From Kane to Sterling to Wheelchair and list goes on. Pay 10m on two average english players or better get them from academy.

If we couldnt afford to pay 50m pounds on Sterling, neither should we 40m on Stones who is a fucking CB. Not even half as proven as Sterling to that matter.

Its funny just because Everton demand 40m and we seem to be ready to pay, people think we will get world class CB. He is decent, good on ball, but I want our CBs to be ready to stop players like Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez. And if I pay 55mio they better be. And not in five years. But its not how it works.

I would break the bank for Gimenez, Varane or younger Godin, those would be worth the money. Not Stones who had one good season at everton, yet they finished low in table, but more importantly has absolutely no experience in top club or CL.

Real paid for Varane what around 10m? And we would 55 for Stones. Let that sink for a moment.

Just because we can it doesnt mean we should pay this idiotic money for Stones who frankly wont be any better than Cahill in big games of CL (if he would even play). Even Zouma who should by all means be first 11 is not. Why we need to pay 55m for another similar player I dunno. Get a world class Cb for that price ffs.

Yes he might be the man for next 10 years, but who knows. Unless he becomes next Terry no way is he gonna be worth 55 even if he plays decent for next decade. And the way defenders play nowdays there are no worth that money. We are not getting Thuram or Puyol ffs.

And Bale DiMaria are so called world class. What is Stones? World class too? Lol

And if we splash the cash at least do it on top players then. Anyaway Real is splashing cash like mad and what have they won? Since 2008, one laliga and one CL from big trophies. Yeah splash the cash. The kids like stones will win us CL.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You