Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

This could potentially be a banana skin for us as Villa have been tough for us to beat at Villa Park. We will need to come out of the traps a bit quicker than we did in our last two games and score early, as I feel the longer this game goes on without us scoring will give Villa confidence (I suppose that's obvious :cry: ) and they will smell blood. I wouldn't rotate the team and I'd start the team that started the second half against the Spuds. Maybe bring Willian in for Shurrle for his speed on the counter. As for Benteke ?? I think Terry and Cahill have enough about them to deal with him. It's from set plays that I feel they could damage us, it's the only place we have been weak lately.

City play earlier in the day and can cut the gap to 6 points between us and them, but if we win I feel it will be a little blow to their confidence if we kick on again. And the pressure will really be cranked up on them to deliver. The finish line is in sight and this, in my opinion, would be a greater achievement than the last three Premiership titles won, because this is still a team in transition.

great post

So, how many points is it going to take to win the league this year? Our maximum point total is 93 as is Man City. Liverpool and Arsenal are at 89.

We are averaging 2.28 points per game and are on pace for 86.48. 86 will not win the league in my opinion, nor will 87 or 88. I think it will take 89+.

Need to take 4 out of 6 from the two remaining games with Liverpool and Arsenal.

I feel Man City has a loss or maybe two left in them with their busy schedule coming up.

As many have said on here, we cannot take any of these league games lightly from here on out. Win the league!

Come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf:

Not a chance Hazard will be rested, he is far too important right now. The only way he will be rested is if we are cruising 4-0 at HT and then it's a possibility or he gets injured. That's the only way he will be rested.

More of a gut feeling than anything with logical explanation. I guess Salah will start to give Hazard enough rest to come out good against Gala. I do agree with the fact that PL is more important but there's something about this fixture. Schurrle, Salah, Willian and Eto'o for me.

More of a gut feeling than anything with logical explanation. I guess Salah will start to give Hazard enough rest to come out good against Gala. I do agree with the fact that PL is more important but there's something about this fixture. Schurrle, Salah, Willian and Eto'o for me.

Mourinho is not naïve to leave out Hazard and he certainly will not risk Salah to start ahead of him for this match. The Villa game is the main priority then once that is done we can focus on Gala. Our key players like Hazard will start. "Something about this fixture" is that going to Villa Park has never proved easy and that is why we will see our strongest line up with maybe 2 changes but not Hazard.

Mourinho is not naïve to leave out Hazard and he certainly will not risk Salah to start ahead of him for this match. The Villa game is the main priority then once that is done we can focus on Gala. Our key players like Hazard will start. "Something about this fixture" is that going to Villa Park has never proved easy and that is why we will see our strongest line up with maybe 2 changes but not Hazard.

no one's said he's naive. I certainly do think we can grab a win without Hazard. That sort of mentality could deflate us in the long run. When I said something about this fixture I meant that we will be able to carry on our run and I don't expect us to struggle like I expected us to struggle away to WBA, Sunderland, Stoke, etc. Other teams have to catch up with us, and Mourinho will make sure we aren't dropping points. I expect a really poor first half and a really good second half.

I certainly do think we can grab a win without Hazard.

We could grab a win with Kalas in for JT, Baker in for Matic and Salah in the Hazard. It's just less likely if we do that, and no-one plays percentages quite like Jose.

There's no reason to rest Hazard, especially when we have an away-goal advantage over Galatasaray in a competition which is below the league in our priorities. Now is not the time for complacency especially when goal difference might play a part this season and we're just 8 goals behind Man City.

I'd be utterly amazed if Hazard didn't start, which leaves two spots up for grabs between Oscar, Schurrle and Willian.

Always difficult to play against this lot, especially at Villa Park. They seem to score everytime they play against us. I can see a low scoring game this time tho, defence should come first for Jose. Hope for a Matic - Luiz pivot, but won't happen, especially after Jose praised Oscar.

--------------------- Eto'o ---------------------

--- Hazard ------- Oscar ------- Willian ---

-------------- Matic ----- Rami --------------

--- Azpi -- Terry --- Cahill --- Ivanovic ---

--------------------- Cech ---------------------

Games are becoming more and more crucial now. Formation and selection must remain as tight as possible and consistent. Our defence has been immaculate of late so I am very hopeful we will keep them out.

Cech

Brana Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Lampard

Willian Oscar Hazard

Eto'o