Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

Aston Villa a good banana peel.

but before we get to that, I think we should revel in this for a while (Spurs argued for TWO HOURS after defeat at the Bridge):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-squad-argued-two-hours-3235017#ixzz2vn8XhxbK

City will be looking to go on a tear with only the league to focus on now. It'll be seen as a huge failure if they win only the Mickey Mouse Cup this season, so they'll be desperate for the Premier League trophy. Hopefully Agüero's injury is another lengthy one.

This is why it's absolutely imperative that we get 3 points against the likes of Villa. We have to pile on the points against the bad sides so that if we slip up against Arse or Liverpool it won't be devastating.

Would be an incredibly satisfying weekend if we win, Agent Mata and United beat Liverpool and bring them crashing back down to Earth, and Spuds somehow beat Le Arse.

play 433 with Matic, Oscar, and Frank in CM, use Eto'o, Salah and Willian, try to spring Salah loose. give Hazard some rest.

I know this will not happen; I'm just offering an alternative.

I have to ask... Why would you change it all now?

We have been playing 4-2-3-1 all season and look where it has got us. For me changing now would be ludicrous!

As i mentioned in a previous post Hazard should NEVER be rested at this stage of the season! He is to important and influential. And as for Salah, he has not started a game yet and i think only played two. Why, oh why, would you start him and this incredibly important stage?

Stick to what we know, and what we do best. Same formation, same players, same philosophy/style of play. That way there can be NO excuses if we drop points. Imagine we rested Hazard and played Salah and slipped up? Jose would get crucified!

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill JT Azpi

Matic Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Torres/Eto'o

I have to ask... Why would you change it all now?

We have been playing 4-2-3-1 all season and look where it has got us. For me changing now would be ludicrous!

As i mentioned in a previous post Hazard should NEVER be rested at this stage of the season! He is to important and influential. And as for Salah, he has not started a game yet and i think only played two. Why, oh why, would you start him and this incredibly important stage?

Stick to what we know, and what we do best. Same formation, same players, same philosophy/style of play. That way there can be NO excuses if we drop points. Imagine we rested Hazard and played Salah and slipped up? Jose would get crucified!

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill JT Azpi

Matic Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Torres/Eto'o

we started with a 4-3-3 against spurs, only changed to 4-2-3-1 at half-time.

no one's said he's naive. I certainly do think we can grab a win without Hazard. That sort of mentality could deflate us in the long run. When I said something about this fixture I meant that we will be able to carry on our run and I don't expect us to struggle like I expected us to struggle away to WBA, Sunderland, Stoke, etc. Other teams have to catch up with us, and Mourinho will make sure we aren't dropping points. I expect a really poor first half and a really good second half.

Will really surprised if if he left hazard out because we had 1 week rest before villa game

That just proves my point then doesn't it.

0-0 at half-time. 4-0 at full-time.

no it does not. Thats from game to game, some games we have switched from the 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 and looked much better.

no it does not. Thats from game to game, some games we have switched from the 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 and looked much better.

Can you give me a couple of examples beacuse i'm struggling to think of any.

In my opinion we are far better playing 4-2-3-1. And at this stage of the season i don't se why you would change it.

Can you give me a couple of examples beacuse i'm struggling to think of any.

In my opinion we are far better playing 4-2-3-1. And at this stage of the season i don't se why you would change it.

Everton home. Ramires for Oscar at HT. Lot better in the 2nd half

edit -West Ham away earlier on in the season