Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

Can you give me a couple of examples beacuse i'm struggling to think of any.

In my opinion we are far better playing 4-2-3-1. And at this stage of the season i don't se why you would change it.

Strike got the 2 prime examples. Arsenal away was also a good performance, unlucky with Franks strike not to get the 3 points.

Everton home. Ramires for Oscar at HT. Lot better in the 2nd half

edit -West Ham away earlier on in the season

Strike got the 2 prime examples. Arsenal away was also a good performance, unlucky with Franks strike not to get the 3 points.

Ok, i may stand corrected. :rolleyes:

He has rotated, but some players are considered rotation while others aren't.

Oscar was/is his starter, but has been spared as he hasn't been 100% fit lately. While Kalas won't get a game unless at least 3 of our 4 CBs are unavailable. Same goes for Cole apparently. Ramires doesn't need rotation as he is so naturally fit.

We can see why Jose says City has an advantage. We are very thin in certain areas, even more so in the CL.

yes I'm shamelessly kinda disagreeing with myself... :blink:

However, as we watch City crash and burn with the likes of Demichellis and Lescott in defense :D , I have to say that that's one position we are far better served than most.

Everton home. Ramires for Oscar at HT. Lot better in the 2nd half

edit -West Ham away earlier on in the season

Everton game is not a good example because I remember Oscar was injured and that took away his pressing game and Ramires came and practically played that role for us.

This game could - like last season - well become the most important game of the year, as soon as City drop points, which is a possibility. They are tired, without Agüero, out of winning rhythm and not playing well since weeks whilst Hull are fresh and confident. In this scenario if we get the 3 points, a subsequent win vs Arsenal would hand us the title. I can't see City recovering a double figuere deficit, even with 3 games in hand, which will come fast and hard, sandwiched between games at Anfield, Emirates and Old Trafford. So go out with the strongest possible team and rather rest players vs Gala. I think we should keep Hazard fresh though and only bring him on if needed. With Schürrle gaining form we can cope.

Cech

Iva Cahill JT Azpi

Rami Matic

Willian Oscar Schü

Ba

I have to ask... Why would you change it all now?

We have been playing 4-2-3-1 all season and look where it has got us. For me changing now would be ludicrous!

As i mentioned in a previous post Hazard should NEVER be rested at this stage of the season! He is to important and influential. And as for Salah, he has not started a game yet and i think only played two. Why, oh why, would you start him and this incredibly important stage?

Stick to what we know, and what we do best. Same formation, same players, same philosophy/style of play. That way there can be NO excuses if we drop points. Imagine we rested Hazard and played Salah and slipped up? Jose would get crucified!

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill JT Azpi

Matic Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Torres/Eto'o

Hazard probably will not be rested, but Salah could break Villa; that's why I offered this.

Playing 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 (doesn't matter what the front three do) would be a good choice but I think the advanced midfielder is set-up to create something that Chelsea's fullbacks and other center midfielders have not been able to create.

This game could - like last season - well become the most important game of the year, as soon as City drop points, which is a possibility. They are tired, without Agüero, out of winning rhythm and not playing well since weeks whilst Hull are fresh and confident. In this scenario if we get the 3 points, a subsequent win vs Arsenal would hand us the title. I can't see City recovering a double figuere deficit, even with 3 games in hand, which will come fast and hard, sandwiched between games at Anfield, Emirates and Old Trafford. So go out with the strongest possible team and rather rest players vs Gala. I think we should keep Hazard fresh though and only bring him on if needed. With Schürrle gaining form we can cope.

Cech

Iva Cahill JT Azpi

Rami Lamps

Willian Oscar Schü

Ba

mostly agree but you must be the only one not having Matic in the team.

Hazard has rested the whole week, he wants to play. We need the 3 points, because other top teams are facing each others (ManU-Liv, Tot-Ars). Even Hull (A) might be a difficult one for City... I know we play again on Tuesday, but I just don't want us to lose or draw in this one, because we have a good chance to get more gap between us and them

Why are many people so god damn negative?

too many negative but I believe it to cool their tension. I alway feel positive even team is playing bad I believe they will get it right and they respond [emoji38][emoji7]