Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

• 1 month later...

No praise tonight? He really really, didnt put a foot wrong, looked more than competent with the ball also despite not having the composure of Silva or Christensen. 

The competition for our defence is looking very strong if Kurt can play at this level consistently, plus throw in Andreas, Azpi and Rudiger all experiencing huge upturns in performance under Tuchel and throw in Thiago Silva’s class and experience also. Might be harder to pick the defenders than the attackers when everyone’s available.

Edited by OneMoSalah

So thuchel once again put Zouma in the centre of our defence?
And zouma actually put in a great shift for playing that role
Wow. Big credit to him. 

And actually tuchel's idea is not really that absurd 😅 Who have thought, zouma have enough skillset to perform well  for playing there, especially in a such high pressure match like this 👏

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

No praise tonight? He really really, didnt put a foot wrong, looked more than competent with the ball also despite not having the composure of Silva or Christensen. 

The competition for our defence is looking very strong if Kurt can play at this level consistently, plus throw in Andreas, Azpi and Rudiger all experiencing huge upturns in performance under Tuchel and throw in Thiago Silva’s class and experience also. Might be harder to pick the defenders than the attackers when everyone’s available.

He did play well, but there were occasions that he got himself out of position again, but owing to our dominance it didn't matter. Imo, Zouma is still CB4 atm. 

He is still someone who is very handy for more physical teams and if you want to switch things up in game, a player that is better suited to a back 4. However, I still think he is one of the most likely to be sold if Tomori decides to come back and we decide we want a left footed CB. This is not only because he is CB4 but also because he is going to bring decent money and we do not have many players we could lose and nit affect us owing to the number of dregs we have still coining it in. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

He is good for header but that's all. 

Still want him sold this summer if we can get some money for him. 

I don’t want him to be first choice in big games aswell, but why sell? Good squad player with great PL experience, not moaning when benched..Think it’s good to have him around.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

I don’t want him to be first choice in big games aswell, but why sell? Good squad player with great PL experience, not moaning when benched..Think it’s good to have him around.

This. The last we need is to go all out shopping and buy a host of centrebacks when there are scarcely any worldclass ones available. If we sold Zouma, we would only have 3 senior out and out centrebacks, one of which is 37 year old. I do not count Azpi cos he should not be operating all over the backline anymore.

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This. The last we need is to go all out shopping and buy a host of centrebacks when there are scarcely any worldclass ones available. If we sold Zouma, we would only have 3 senior out and out centrebacks, one of which is 37 year old. I do not count Azpi cos he should not be operating all over the backline anymore.

Ruben Dias. Signs of potential and under a great manager has turned into one of the world's elite. 

Same can be done with Kounde imo. 

54 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I have a big concern about his height.

Check out his statistics on areal duels and his vertical. He's pretty good. 

I rate Jimenez a lot. He was the only thing standing between us and a 5-0 victory in the 2nd leg. But his release clause is bonkers. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

45 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Check out his statistics on areal duels and his vertical. He's pretty good. 

I rate Jimenez a lot. He was the only thing standing between us and a 5-0 victory in the 2nd leg. But his release clause is bonkers. 

He is good indeed but very injury prone, for the outlay its a big risk.