Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Which makes Kounde all the more attractive. 

One has to go then......I just dont think the club will have that as a priority for the summer. Other positions deserve more immediate attention than the defence imo.

54 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

One has to go then......I just dont think the club will have that as a priority for the summer. Other positions deserve more immediate attention than the defence imo.

Why on earth would it not be a priority? Silva is injury prone. Dave is on his last legs and Zouma is a calamity on the ball and a disaster waiting to happen. 

I'm glad there are reports we are still after a top CB. 

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Because under Tuchel (WBA game apart) we conceded 3 goals in 16 games. 

And again, Silva is injury prone and Dave isn't getting any younger. That leaves Zouma. 

And if we were to revert to a back 4, not one of our CBs are fit to play there at an elite level bar Silva. 

Anybody else feel that his reputation for being a shit ball player is undeserved and has stuck from years ago, when he actually was bad with it? Whenever I watch him play now I see nothing wrong with how he uses the ball. He even deals with high pressure and playing out from the back quite well, don't remember the last time he actually screwed up (I do have shit memory tho so feel free to refresh it 😀).

Edited by manpe

I'll say one thing, Chelsea fans are genuinely the most gullible in having the wool being pulled over their eyes. After seeing posts about Kepa being trusted whilst Mendy is at AFCON, this only confirmed it. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Why on earth would it not be a priority? Silva is injury prone. Dave is on his last legs and Zouma is a calamity on the ball and a disaster waiting to happen. 

I'm glad there are reports we are still after a top CB. 

I hear you, but we have greater needs elswhere atm. Forget back 4, I doubt we will game with a back 4 next season.

1 minute ago, Atomiswave said:

I hear you, but we have greater needs elswhere atm. Forget back 4, I doubt we will game with a back 4 next season.

Where? CM? That is the only position I'd argue is more important than a CB. Add a backup GK. 

Aguero is the only ST available that could improve us, and he'd be on a free. So that is funds saved for a Top CM and CB. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Where? CM? That is the only position I'd argue is more important than a CB. Add a backup GK. 

Aguero is the only ST available that could improve us, and he'd be on a free. So that is funds saved for a Top CM and CB. 

A CM and a killer up top i crucial.......I have my doubts Kun will join us but I wouldnt be much against it though he is very injured. And for prides sake im not sure I would want City's leftovers.

3 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

A CM and a killer up top i crucial.......I have my doubts Kun will join us but I wouldnt be much against it though he is very injured. And for prides sake im not sure I would want City's leftovers.

What killer is available? We're not getting Haaland so let's be realistic. 

Look at the impact Cavani is having for United. Look at what Drogba and Eto'o did for us. I'm still for having Havertz as our CF, but having the likes of Giroud and Aguero as depth options would help us loads. 

35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What killer is available? We're not getting Haaland so let's be realistic. 

Look at the impact Cavani is having for United. Look at what Drogba and Eto'o did for us. I'm still for having Havertz as our CF, but having the likes of Giroud and Aguero as depth options would help us loads. 

No we wont get EH I agree, too much hassle. Cavani was never as injured as Kun has been for some time now, yes Giroud should stay if we can entice him.

• 5 weeks later...

We're not going to find a classy 4th choice CB who's willing to be the 4th choice. Kurt seems happy with his lot at Chelsea and for all his limitations, he's a pretty decent 4th choice CB, so I don't see the point in looking for a replacement. 

Tomori has more potential tho, so we'll have to see if we bring him back in the summer.

His poor choice on the ball last night also leads to the goal happening, had 2 options, Chilwell and Gilmour, ultimately he shat the bed and picked neither as it required him using his left foot. And then Jorginho also does a stinker of a pass too but a more comfortable player on the ball ie Rudi plays to Chilwell or Mount. Like Zouma didn’t.

38 minutes ago, chippy said:

We're not going to find a classy 4th choice CB who's willing to be the 4th choice. Kurt seems happy with his lot at Chelsea and for all his limitations, he's a pretty decent 4th choice CB, so I don't see the point in looking for a replacement. 

Tomori has more potential tho, so we'll have to see if we bring him back in the summer.

We don't need a classy CB backup. We just need someone who is at least comfortable on the ball and can make progressive passes with it.

hace 1 hora, Jas dijo:

We don't need a classy CB backup. We just need someone who is at least comfortable on the ball and can make progressive passes with it.

And even then for the goal, he could of just hooked it up the line beforehand if there were no viable options on for him. Rudiger does this alot if nothing is on and its better than passing to someone who is 1 or 2 yards away from someone at times because it gets the team 10-20 yards up the pitch to press.

Its not just the technical side of it, its analysing whats around and seeing that Jorginho was also instantly going to be under immediate pressure upon receiving the pass. Doesnt take away from Jorginho’s awful pass but also shows Zouma’s lack/limited intelligence as a footballer in a side that plays this way. Even then Gilmour and Chilwell were open before and if push comes to shove then so was Kepa. Playing square passes across your defence under pressure is dangerous. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

4 hours ago, Jas said:

But its not just simply about finding someone who's comfortable on the ball. 

Are they big enough, strong enough and quick enough too? Zouma is all three of those. He's also a goal threat at set pieces for us too. Also, although he never looks good on the ball his passing isn't quite as bad as you make it out to be.  

Overall, I'd say he's about as good as most of the 4th choice CB's at the top 6 clubs.