Man City v Chelsea

Jase

since he is playing as a LB. he is offensively horrible in that position (not his fault). I think it would be important tomorrow to get Hazard playing good and a LB who can actually provide and link-up with him is important. as I said, they are vulnerable trough the flanks and we should expose them there.

And who is the LB capable of linking up with Hazard because it sure as hell ain't Cole? Ash hasn't offered anything going forward in years so it's not like Azpi can do any worse.

And who is the LB capable of linking up with Hazard because it sure as hell ain't Cole? Ash hasn't offered anything going forward in years so it's not like Azpi can do any worse.

did you watch the game against stoke? cole and hazard linked up pretty well. even a shit ash offers more in terms of offense than Azpi, because he is a natural LB.

I don't think either Ramires or Lampard are the men for this match. Their pivot would rape Frank and he'd look lost like he did against strong pivots in recent matches. Ramires is an error machine based in the WHU game.

I'd go with Luiz + Matic, but I feel like Mourinho will go with Mikel + Matic (if he feels confident with Matic already starting a match as big as this one, otherwise Luiz + Mikel).

There's no way we should play Cole against Navas. He's going to be overrun every single time by Navas. We need Azpili there.

There rest is indifferent imo.

For everyone saying we should or will park the bus, please, don't be naive. There's one thing given in football this season: Manchester City will score at all home matches. If we park the bus it means we won't have a chance to score ourselves. Watch the match against Arsenal... Arsenal defense was a disaster that day, but City offered them space to score three goals. We need those spaces and we need a solid defense. Parking the bus will only lead us to lose 6-0 like all the others. We need a well posted defense, properly covered by a strong pivot and Oscar and Willian harassing their midfield. We could have a strong pivot for this match with the options we now have, and it's a given Oscar and Willian will press and tackle like there's no tomorrow. I hope Eto'o brings his scoring boots and for Hazard to have a blast.

1-2 away win for Chelsea on my account and prediction.

since he is playing as a LB. he is offensively horrible in that position (not his fault). I think it would be important tomorrow to get Hazard playing good and a LB who can actually provide and link-up with him is important. as I said, they are vulnerable trough the flanks and we should expose them there.

And I think Cole gets slated too much. he aint at his best yeah, but he is still experienced and usually in big games, he turns up and proves that. I dont know how many last-ditch saves he has made for us.

He's not horrible offensively, and the most important thing he does is consistently get up and down which creates space for Hazard. Cole is massively inconsistent at the moment and it's hard to predict which one we'll get. But with Negredo, Kompany and Toure at set-pieces I think we'll need Ivanovic's presence at set-pieces, plus he's one of our main targets from goal-kicks where he'll probably be up against Clichy. If you want to exploit the wings then you need to win first-phase ball.

team news for tomorrow? in detail please.

Sergio Agüero picked up a minor hamstring problem against Spurs and could miss out for up to a month.

Gaël Clichy started ahead of Kolarov in midweek and after an excellent display he's likely to keep his place at left-back.

Negredo was rested in midweek, even when Agüero was forced off through injury, so Pellegrini may have had this game in mind for the Spaniard's return.

OUT: Nasri, Garcia, Milner, Aguero.

Luiz- matic midfield I hear. In that case just srll rambo, lamps and mikel off.

Also since when did ramvo stop being a nailed on starter for us. Was not he the player who literally owned yaya at the bridge???

Luiz-matic is the best midfield pair we've got if Jose decides to go 4231, which would be a mistake by itself

I have a feeling Jose will go with

--------------Eto'o--------------

Hazard------------------Willian

--------------Rami--------------

------Matic----------Luiz-------

Azpi----JT-----Cahill--Ivanovic

-------------Cech---------------

and Schurrle, Lamps and Oscar coming in during the game. Solid team with two defensive midfielders (Luiz and Matic) that can pass the ball and initiate the counterattacks, one central midfielder (Rami) to harass Yaya and two pacey wingers.

I don't think either Ramires or Lampard are the men for this match. Their pivot would rape Frank and he'd look lost like he did against strong pivots in recent matches. Ramires is an error machine based in the WHU game.

Although he obviously says different I don't think Mourinho picks players based on performance and form all that often. I mean you could argue that he plays Azpi instead of Cole but why do Ramires and Ivanovic start virtually every game? He clearly has his favourites. Ivanovic/Ramires breaking down potentially very promising attacks gifting the opposition the ball time after time is arguably just as bad as Cole getting beat relatively easy by the opposition's winger. In my opinion all 3 should be replaced in the summer but that's not going to happen.