Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

On 9.11.2017 at 10:13 AM, communicate said:

The only player that I regret selling is KDB. Not sure why people are excited about salah. I watched Liverpool play 3 times this season. He is still the same player, superrrrr fast, but with poor finishing/final ball.

People say that he is already better than willian and Pedro. People need to watch how liverpool play to understand why he is suited to the way Pool play more than us

Yea, poor finishing and 20 goals this season.

Anyway, I do agree that we can't perceive selling him a few years back as a mistake. 

To suggest we were in the wrong to sell Salah would be similar to saying 'I can't believe Barcelona sold Ibrahimovic!', or 'Barcelona were mad to sell Maxwell!', since he became PSG's leader and pivotal player. At the time, they would've held the clubs back from consistent dominance.

We'd never see Bayern/Madrid/Barcelona go in for Salah even now at his very best, anyway. For a reason.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:20 PM, Leif said:

To suggest we were in the wrong to sell Salah would be similar to saying 'I can't believe Barcelona sold Ibrahimovic!', or 'Barcelona were mad to sell Maxwell!', since he became PSG's leader and pivotal player. At the time, they would've held the clubs back from consistent dominance.

We'd never see Bayern/Madrid/Barcelona go in for Salah even now at his very best, anyway. For a reason.

ONLY thing that matters here is Barca had Villa and Alba/Abidal instead of Ibra and Maxwell.

We had Willian and Oscar instead of Salah and Kdb. 

Thats one big difference if you ask me. 

No one will miss Salah and Kdb if we brought top quality players instead. But we didnt.

And it definately feels sour now that we dont have those two. 

No one regrets selling Lukaku because we had Costa and now Morata, so we replaced him greatly.

With Kdb and Salah, they turned into fantastic players. The board was stupid first to let them go and secondly incapable to bring young(er) quality RW and AM to Chelsea. 

On 12/19/2017 at 0:02 PM, BlueLyon said:

ONLY thing that matters here is Barca had Villa and Alba/Abidal instead of Ibra and Maxwell.

We had Willian and Oscar instead of Salah and Kdb. 

Thats one big difference if you ask me. 

No one will miss Salah and Kdb if we brought top quality players instead. But we didnt.

And it definately feels sour now that we dont have those two. 

No one regrets selling Lukaku because we had Costa and now Morata, so we replaced him greatly.

With Kdb and Salah, they turned into fantastic players. The board was stupid first to let them go and secondly incapable to bring young(er) quality RW and AM to Chelsea. 

I will partially disagree here. It's literally part of the job description for coaches, scouts, and other staff members to judge player's potentials. The fact we sold Salah, as someone pointed out recently, after he had already upped him game and was scoring a lot of goals was really strange.

Buying players of Salah and KDB quality is not easy! Even if you have the cash lying around you have to convince both, the club to sell, and the player to join you (vs a diff perhaps bigger club). It is much easier to buy them young like we did. We just failed to keep them happy... to give them minutes. The fact that we completely fucked up should not go unnoticed.

@yuvala Sorry, but once again some of us did predict he was going to be a great player (at least very good). Not going to quote that post again though. :) It's all about ball control...

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

I will partially disagree here. It's literally part of the job description for coaches, scouts, and other staff members to judge player's potentials. The fact we sold Salah, as someone pointed out recently, after he had already upped him game and was scoring a lot of goals was really strange.

Buying players of Salah and KDB quality is not easy! Even if you have the cash lying around you have to convince both, the club to sell, and the player to join you (vs a diff perhaps bigger club). It is much easier to buy them young like we did. We just failed to keep them happy... to give them minutes. The fact that we completely fucked up should not go unnoticed.

@yuvala Sorry, but once again some of us did predict he was going to be a great player (at least very good). Not going to quote that post again though. :) It's all about ball control...

Where did I diasgree with what you wrote? 

I think we have same opinion, just differently worded.

My key point is if the board was ready to sell Kdb and Salah (and if I saw potential in them, so should professional scouts). 

Kdb was showing immense ability already in Werder and I was screaming not to sell him at any price. If he wanted to leave, thats boards problem. We have so many problems with players wanting to leave nowdays its ridiculous. Its definately not only play time but also respect and trust. They just know we are toying with them and they will have to be incredibly great and lucky to get a chance, hard work wont be enough.

Therefore if the decision to sell those two came, I would then expect our board to target and bring in quality players on those two positions (be it young talents or established players). 

Right now no one would complain about Salah or Kdb sale if we had equaly good or promising players here. But we dont. 

Thats the whole point. The club ambition is questionable. 

IF we sell Hazard, I have serious doubt we will replace him properly. Its probably impossible to replace Eden atm with current players available out there, but we wont come even close.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Where did I diasgree with what you wrote? 

I think we have same opinion, just differently worded.

My key point is if the board was ready to sell Kdb and Salah (and if I saw potential in them, so should professional scouts). 

Kdb was showing immense ability already in Werder and I was screaming not to sell him at any price. If he wanted to leave, thats boards problem. We have so many problems with players wanting to leave nowdays its ridiculous. Its definately not only play time but also respect and trust. They just know we are toying with them and they will have to be incredibly great and lucky to get a chance, hard work wont be enough.

Therefore if the decision to sell those two came, I would then expect our board to target and bring in quality players on those two positions (be it young talents or established players). 

Right now no one would complain about Salah or Kdb sale if we had equaly good or promising players here. But we dont. 

Thats the whole point. The club ambition is questionable. 

IF we sell Hazard, I have serious doubt we will replace him properly. Its probably impossible to replace Eden atm with current players available out there, but we wont come even close.

I only disagreed with this bit, "No one will miss Salah and Kdb if we brought top quality players instead.No one will miss Salah and Kdb if we brought top quality players instead."

Because I don't really think it is possible for this club to buy that kind of talent. We only acquire real talent behind the scenes, when they are still unknowns, or at least not fully established.

Keeping the likes of KDB and Salah, in my view, is really the only way to achieve that end and, like we both said, we fucked up.

I'm not quite sure lack of ambition is the problem. Perhaps it is too much short-term ambition that leads them to make long-term mistakes like they did with Salah and KDB... or even Lukaku, who's a lesser player, but still valuable. Is it just showing they've got no long-term plan? What kind of squad do they want to build? What type of player do they want/need to build that kind of squad?

On 12/19/2017 at 2:07 AM, yuvala said:

Yea, poor finishing and 20 goals this season.

Anyway, I do agree that we can't perceive selling him a few years back as a mistake. 

I will reasses my opinion next time I saw him. I dont like analyzing player simply from stats. Sterling scored 15 goals this season, 2 against spurs but it is hard to say that he is a good finisher

20 hours ago, Robguima said:

Well the one good thing that will come from the KDB saga is we will think twice before selling players of that potential again.

Not really bothered about Salah, as already covered above he's in a set up that caters to his game, what also has gone unchecked it was actually after Conte's arrival we sold him. If Antonio wanted or rated him he would atleast have tried to convince him to come back.

Not really bothered about Salah, as already covered above he's in a set up that caters to his game, what also has gone unchecked it was actually after Conte's arrival we sold him. If Antonio wanted or rated him he would atleast have tried to convince him to come back.

Deal with Roma was probably in place a while before Conte joined.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Deal with Roma was probably in place a while before Conte joined.

If that was the case wouldn't the deal have been done immediately? If wiki is not lying to me the deal was made permanent on 3rd August 2016, meaning Conte would have had a month to try to change his mind if he wanted to. 

If that was the case wouldn't the deal have been done immediately? If wiki is not lying to me the deal was made permanent on 3rd August 2016, meaning Conte would have had a month to try to change his mind if he wanted to. 
I think Conte was more interested in bringing Cuadrado back. Shame he got away