Mohamed Salah

kobematabryant

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

We was the last English team to win it back in 2012 5 years ago since then no English team has even had a sniff but in that time 2 English clubs us and scum utd have won the europa league and Liverpool got to the final just shows where we are atm competing with the likes of ajax and benfica not the elites in Europe. Tired of hearing this is the most competitive league in the world, why because we don't have teams as good as RM and barca here RM would romp this league every year hands down imo

It would be understandable if there were currently only two/three teams better than what this league has to offer, but there are arguably 6-8 teams right now. The only thing this league has going for it compared to the rest is, the number of top managers. Lets hope they can work their magic and make English teams a force again like the mid 2000's.

• 4 months later...

watching him play for liverpool and he's already a lot better than William and (IMO pedro - no a fan) and would walk into our start XI.

Always thought he was going to become a top winger due to pace and tight control.

At this moment I'd have to call selling him a mistake just as big as selling KDB was.

Our staff seems to make these terrible mistakes without consequence. And these cost money too...

watching him play for liverpool and he's already a lot better than William and (IMO pedro - no a fan) and would walk into our start XI.
Always thought he was going to become a top winger due to pace and tight control.
At this moment I'd have to call selling him a mistake just as big as selling KDB was.
Our staff seems to make these terrible mistakes without consequence. And these cost money too...
The fact he was tearing it up in Italy & we STILL sold him says it all.

Imagine Salah tearing down our right side in place of Willian/Pedro and De Bruyne in place of Fabregas. Two players we had in our clutches for tiny fees and are now two of the best in the world in their positions. 😩😩😩

We'd be unstoppable going forward. Hazard on one wing, Salah on the other. KDB feeding ridiculous passes to those two plus Morata. Fuck!

Sadly, I doubt the club feel like we need a Willian/Pedro upgrade at all.

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Imagine Salah tearing down our right side in place of Willian/Pedro and De Bruyne in place of Fabregas. Two players we had in our clutches for tiny fees and are now two of the best in the world in their positions. 😩😩😩

We'd be unstoppable going forward. Hazard on one wing, Salah on the other. KDB feeding ridiculous passes to those two plus Morata. Fuck!

Sadly, I doubt the club feel like we need a Willian/Pedro upgrade at all.

Put Filipe Luis at LWB/LB and that team would be a machine

To be honest he suit’s Liverpool a lot more than he would suit us. If I could have any player from Liverpool’s forward line it would be Mane. Think he’d be the perfect right sided player for us.

We indeed made some big big mistakes letting players go.

We bought Tibo, Salah, Kdb, Lukaku at very very young age for small money, not to mention Zouma, plus Christensen and Bertrand came from youth. I guess Baba will follow same path once we sell him.

Our team could be like

Tibo

Azpi-Christensen-Zouma-Bertrand

Kante-Bakayoko-KDB

Salah-Lukaku-Eden

Now according to transfermarkt, this team cost us roughly 160m

Todays worth of these players is 463 milion!

Our scouting department was amazing. We just had poor board and managers who couldnt get the most of the players.

You cannot judge a decision made a couple of years ago based on how things are now. That's not how it works in football. We won two Premier League titles without giving KDB or Salah a chance.

It's frustrating, but that's football. Real Madrid had Samuel Eto'o in their hands. Stuff like this happens all the time.

The only player that I regret selling is KDB. Not sure why people are excited about salah. I watched Liverpool play 3 times this season. He is still the same player, superrrrr fast, but with poor finishing/final ball.
People say that he is already better than willian and Pedro. People need to watch how liverpool play to understand why he is suited to the way Pool play more than us
Must have fallen upon 12 goals & we're ONLY in November. There isn't an issue being in denial but to say he is a "poor finisher" despite have more goals than anyone in our squad is farcical.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
7 hours ago, communicate said:
The only player that I regret selling is KDB. Not sure why people are excited about salah. I watched Liverpool play 3 times this season. He is still the same player, superrrrr fast, but with poor finishing/final ball.
People say that he is already better than willian and Pedro. People need to watch how liverpool play to understand why he is suited to the way Pool play more than us

Must have fallen upon 12 goals & we're ONLY in November. There isn't an issue being in denial but to say he is a "poor finisher" despite have more goals than anyone in our squad is farcical.

I don't know about his stats. I simply made conclusion based on game that I saw. 

The fact that he scored more goals than anyone in our squad does not surprise me one bit. If you watch the way liverpool play especially offensively they can be absolutely brilliant, they can play really high tempo and create chances after chances sometimes at will. Us on the other hand tend to play at slower tempo 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

I don't know about his stats. I simply made conclusion based on game that I saw. 

The fact that he scored more goals than anyone in our squad does not surprise me one bit. If you watch the way liverpool play especially offensively they can be absolutely brilliant, they can play really high tempo and create chances after chances sometimes at will. Us on the other hand tend to play at slower tempo 

Can't judge players on individual performances to form an opinion. Morata was awful against Bournemouth & Roma but look at Sunday.  

15 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Can't judge players on individual performances to form an opinion. Morata was awful against Bournemouth & Roma but look at Sunday.  

Maybe you are right but I watch him 3 times and I see pretty much the same thing. I was not judging their performance, I was judging their trait, their strength and their weaknesses. 

Like Morata after his first 3 games It is obvious that he is a excellent header of the ball but need to get stronger because his hold up play is not good enough.

Same with salah, I see a player with blazing speed. He can get away from his marker with ease especially when there are tons of space behind but when he arrive in dangerous area, his finishing/final ball is not great. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Polo7 said:

The new flavour of the month. When we sold him, I can guarantee no one here gave a shit. Now suddenly its WHY WHY DID WE SELL HIM.

Flavour of the season so far tbh.

It was always going to come back to haunt us (form he was in prior to agreeing the deal & the actual price), but you have several around here that think Serie A is League 1 standard. He's now doing it in the Prem and those individuals are nowhere to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...