Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

Mata tends to get a tad bit overrated because he is Mata and he scored a goal. Although he wasn't even the best player on the field (even in attack imo) against Arsenal. Same with Schürrle, he got a tad bit overrated last game because of his goal (despite his good run, it was a tap in).

On the other hand, Mata deserves this extra bit of patience given how important he was for us in the last 2 seasons. Again for tommorow, nobody in our attacking line-up is safe at the moment bar Torres. And whatever AM trio bar KDB Mourinho chooses tommorow, any would make sense.

Tbh, after the Schalke game we will have a much clearer view of who our main guy's will be up and till christmas period.

Agree. I thought Mata was good vs. Arsenal. He def got stuck in and yes scoring a goal does make the decision to leave him on the bench tough. Keep in mind we also play midweek next week too...

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. I thought Mata was good vs. Arsenal. He def got stuck in and yes scoring a goal does make the decision to leave him on the bench tough. Keep in mind we also play midweek next week too...

Idd, it also makes it harder for the players who start. A mediocre/lackluster performance tommorow and you're certain you will be benched against Shalke.

Idd, it also makes it harder for the players who start. A mediocre/lackluster performance tommorow and you're certain you will be benched against Shalke.

Exactly. I have one addition I think Mou has as important as well. People who need to perform need a goal they have under their control to be considered motivational and fair. So mediocre could cut it for Mou if you are running your ass off, but lacklustre will never do it.

I think this is something we can not dismiss lightly :-) Work hard and ultimately you will play games.

Jose needs to think about who should play against Newcastle and the fact we have CL, we obviously want to win both.

Come on now, you know Jose will be on point. The guy is a Master Tactician. When he has the proper tools, he will get the job done. If you don't believe me, ask Le Voyeur

hqdefault.jpg

Only if we win by a margin of two goals.

Won't be easy, but I'm confident of a win if both Colocini and Taylor are still out.

Well Paul Merson predicts a 3-0 win for us, but then again he got his prediction like 80% wrong all the time so...

I think it should really be an easy win on paper but then again so it was last season and we all know what happened. Imo a 2-0 would be nice and most likely.

Well Paul Merson predicts a 3-0 win for us, but then again he got his prediction like 80% wrong all the time so...

I think it should really be an easy win on paper but then again so it was last season and we all know what happened. Imo a 2-0 would be nice and most likely.

I think the danger is it's such an easy game on paper especially if you compare the form the two teams are in. This could cause complacency not to mention Newcastle playing in a "nothing to lose" mentality. Must not take the game for granted which is what Jose was trying to achieve in his PC today calling it "One of the toughest games of the season".

I watched them against Liverpool, and i'm sure there will be space for us to exploit. We have to be compact at the back because they do have some good players in attack, but if Torres and Hazard are on their game we will get chances, just have to put them away.

Is there any website that offers the game for an online watch after the match is finished? I mean, I am really busy tomorrow and I will get back in the evening. Is there any other way of watching it online, apart from downloads?

Newcastle tomorrow, West Brom, West Ham, Southampton, Sunderland, Stoke, Crystal Palace, all games are winnable.

In my view, dropping points would be disappointing here.

If Chelsea can take 21 points from the next 7 games, the team should be leading the PL, by then.

On Monday 23rd of December Chelsea takes on Arsenal, just to hammer them again.

That´s the way, I see it.