Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not the one to get too excited after a run of great games, but boy this smells like '04 again

newcastle is a decent team, but with such a shaky defence and i'm pretty confident jose and his army will prevail in the end. three goals against krul should do the job imo

tricky fixture. i feel we lost 3 points here last season due to defensive short-comings.this time around i hope we can thrash them and continue this great run. the team i would play is

cech

iva cahill JT bert

rambo lamps

hazard oscar schurlle

torres.

the same one that started against city.

Solid but not so spectacular 2 or 3-0 win here would do. Obviously Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Remy are the obvious threats but we have too much for them. Still the PL is a difficult and surprising league so we cannot afford to slip up.

Draw between Arsenal vs Liverpool, 3points here and we are on the top of the league.

That would be the ideal results for us but with that, we can only go top of league if we beat Newcastle by 4 goals and that ain't gonna happen. Will be happy with a win and the 3 points here. If we are destined to be on top, we will be. Getting the wins now is the key thing.

That would be the ideal results for us but with that, we can only go top of league if we beat Newcastle by 4 goals and that ain't gonna happen. Will be happy with a win and the 3 points here. If we are destined to be on top, we will be. Getting the wins now is the key thing.

???? how??? arsenal's GD is 11 and ours is 10. if they draw and we win by 2 goals we go on top by GD. if we win by 1 goal we would be 2nd as arsenal have 20 goals compared to our 16.

Regardless of the run we're on, this is one of those games. If I recall correctly (which, I do...), Mourinho has only ever won once at St. James' Park , and it isn't one of our happiest hunting games. This will not be easy: especially after Newcastle lost in the derby last week. They will have something to prove.

Recently, I got lucky in my predictions.

However, Chelsea´s form, tells me once again to predict nothing but a win on Saturday.

Perhaps, it may be tight, despite of it, Chelsea should win it.

As I was looking at Chelsea´s schedule, I see the team going 6 to 8 games without a loss.

Mikel has to play, full stop.

He's had three top performances in a row now, Schalke, Man City and now Arsenal.

And Lampard had about 5 where he was key to our transitions from defence to attack...if you're going to stick to one-note then the Mikel thread is the place for it.

Newcastle is always a fucking horrible place to go and I always expect a 1-1 draw, but we're the form team in the league and they're coming off a derby day loss. I expect that cheap Away shirt is the only charity we're going to get from Mike Ashley and the Sports Direct crew so for me it's back to the team that won against City and Schalke.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Cole

Ramires Lamps

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Torres

The only choices I'm not sure of are Cahill/Luiz and maybe Schurrle/Willian but beyond that, none of these players has done anything to be dropped whilst it's hard to take much from the Arsenal game and make changes.

Regardless of the run we're on, this is one of those games. If I recall correctly (which, I do...), Mourinho has only ever won once

To be fair, two of his three league games there were once we had already won the title.

Three points is really important here with Arsenal playing Liverpool later in the day.

Would love to see the same 11 that played vs arsenal start this game.

That doesnt mean other players are being dropped, but instead will give all of these boys the chance to play the same unbelievably fast game with quality skill through and through.

I still dont think The three amigos should play together as it slows down our game and doesnt bring out the best overall in terms of the team as a whole, especially with a high pressure energy approach which we have working for us now, with real wing play.

Yesterdays performance, pressing, skills, speed all coming together was the happiest i have been with our play, sexy football over 90 minutes.

As people have mentioned, the balance was so damn good, it seemed like well oiled machinery , reminded me of bayerns style of play.

It will come as a surprise to Newcastle, who would have prepared this entire weak to manage against certain expected starters. They wont know what hit them.

On the flipside, these boys will be rewarded for playing their hearts out and producing such a performance.

Not only will it give them the oppurtunity to win their place back into the starting 11, but also put more pressure on the current 11 to further raise their game .

Moreover, i feel that ivanovic has not been legendary this season and azpi deserves a shot. Mata as well must get a run of games.

Lastly, dont think many people will agree with me here, but Cech IMO has not been that good this season, letting many goals go in that should not have. He needs to be challenged again to raise his concentration.

Wierdly, even though both our first team and second team work with the same philosophy, both have such different identities , its amazing.

Luckily even if Jose plays the first team, which he probably will, we are in a very good place.