Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

In the last 2 pages alone I can read people talking about Costa and mario on a very level terms. Anothwr poster probably quoted u for the same thing. Some how u think that costa is head and shoulders above mario.

If we sign both these guys, we ll see how many minutes each of them will get. Will it be costa having 3 times the minutes of mario (as u predict a 45-15 distribution) or a more sane and level headed 55%-45% distribution.

Depends on their form and contributions. If they both do well it will be a Benzema-Higuain situation, if Mandzukic do well and Costa doesn't Jose will drop him, he isn't afraid, like wise with Costa. Basically now whoever picked it will be on their forms and not personal preference or because of their prices.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on their form and contributions. If they both do well it will be a Benzema-Higuain situation, if Mandzukic do well and Costa doesn't Jose will drop him, he isn't afraid, like wise with Costa. Basically now whoever picked it will be on their forms and not personal preference or because of their prices.

precisely... tell it to the guy i have been talking to.

Speaking of Mandzukic, I suddenly remember this...

tumblr_msd61txXY81r7223do1_1280.jpg

so much for Mandzukic and his tiny arms being "big and strong". He looks a geeky weakling next to Gary. Time will tell if he is physical enough to play lone striker in the epl.

so much for Mandzukic and his tiny arms being "big and strong". He looks a geeky weakling next to Gary. Time will tell if he is physical enough to play lone striker in the epl.

You really believe this PL is the toughest and bestest hogwash, don't you?

I seriously hope these rumors about us going for Mandzukic are a joke. Watching him in our jersey would be worse than watching Torres IMO.

Why? I ask because I seem to remember you following German football more than most here.

In the last 2 pages alone I can read people talking about Costa and mario on a very level terms. Anothwr poster probably quoted u for the same thing. Some how u think that costa is head and shoulders above mario.

If we sign both these guys, we ll see how many minutes each of them will get. Will it be costa having 3 times the minutes of mario (as u predict a 45-15 distribution) or a more sane and level headed 55%-45% distribution.

No, I'm not thinking that Costa is head and shoulders above Mandzukic. It just I think Costa is the type of striker that will work better in our system, than Mandzukic, therefore it is normal we see Costa playing more if he stays fit and on form, if both of them signed, for me. That's why I think we chase Costa first as our main target, rather than Mandzukic. Mandzukic rumour just came up after Bayern bid for Luiz and we took the chance to include Mandzukic in it. Not that we make an offer and chasing Mandzukic as our primary target. I'm sure, I'm not alone with this.

I think you misunderstood something about what I mean 45 games in a season thing. Well, I'm curious why you think that if one striker get 45 games in a season, other will get 15 games at the first place. This is real life, not FIFA nor football manager. It is not Costa playing 45 games x 90 minutes, and therefore other striker only get 15 games x 90 minutes for sure.

I don't see it is impossible for Costa starting in 45 games in a season, if he stays fit, and Mandzukic or any other striker come as a sub for Costa in those games, say in around 15 games. Add that with 15 games for Mandzukic or any other striker as a starter, he will get around 30 games. Costa also could come as a sub for Mandzukic or any other striker lets say around 5 games. So in the end we will get Costa (around 50 games), Mandzukic (around 30 games) in a season, very possible if you ask me if Costa stays fit and keep scoring. What's so hard to understand about that?

Look at Torres - Eto'o - Ba number of games this season, Torres (41 games), Eto'o (34 games), Demba Ba (29 games).

Yes, I agree with you if both do well, and also if Madzukic do well and Costa doesn't. But what I said to the guy you replied with, is that if Costa stays fit and keep scoring would you still distribute fifty-fifty number of games with any other striker?

No, I'm not thinking that Costa is head and shoulders above Mandzukic. It just I think Costa is the type of striker that will work better in our system, than Mandzukic, therefore it is normal we see Costa playing more if he stays fit and on form, if both of them signed, for me. That's why I think we chase Costa first as our main target, rather than Mandzukic. Mandzukic rumour just came up after Bayern bid for Luiz and we took the chance to include Mandzukic in it. Not that we make an offer and chasing Mandzukic as our primary target. I'm sure, I'm not alone with this.

I think you misunderstood something about what I mean 45 games in a season thing. Well, I'm curious why you think that if one striker get 45 games in a season, other will get 15 games at the first place. This is real life, not FIFA nor football manager. It is not Costa playing 45 games x 90 minutes, and therefore other striker only get 15 games x 90 minutes for sure.

I don't see it is impossible for Costa starting in 45 games in a season, if he stays fit, and Mandzukic or any other striker come as a sub for Costa in those games, say in around 15 games. Add that with 15 games for Mandzukic or any other striker as a starter, he will get around 30 games. Costa also could come as a sub for Mandzukic or any other striker lets say around 5 games. So in the end we will get Costa (around 50 games), Mandzukic (around 30 games) in a season, very possible if you ask me if Costa stays fit and keep scoring. What's so hard to understand about that?

Look at Torres - Eto'o - Ba number of games this season, Torres (41 games), Eto'o (34 games), Demba Ba (29 games).

and again u come up with the weirdest of theories. we were after costa cos he was the only AVAILABLE striker. would you have given the same argument if barca were interested in a swap deal with messi or pool were interested in a swap deal with suarez or city were interested in a swap deal with aguero??? mandzukic's availability was a question and hence we dint go after him.

and real :lol: at the other part. do u even read my posts. MINUTES, i talk about MINUTES. i know what happens in real life unlike you. BA might have made 29 appearance but he got a total of 884 minutes. thats why i dint say appearances but MINUTES. again please read before replying.

its not hard to understand at all??? but what u forget is that how improbable this is!!! look at how negredo's first season worked out. brilliant in the first half, hopeless in the second.alomst every player struggles in his first season in PL. hence you need to integrate them into the team just likes jose did with willian/schurrle. and then you end your statement with "IF HE STAYS FIT AND KEEPS SCORING" when i have been SHOUTING that yes, form will be the main criteria for their selection (remember when u said costa would be our first striker just cos we would buy him with the promise of first team football, :lol:). so dude, now u r just saying what i am saying and instead giving me a spin. not cool.

BnweQZhIAAA4c4b.jpg

According to German reports, Guardiola has wished Mandzukic the best of luck at his ‘new club’. Supposedly Chelsea. #CFC

Guardiola to Mandzukic: 'I wish you luck at your new club.' #CFC

BayernMunich leave Mario Mandzukic out of German Cup final squad as Chelsea rumours grow

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/16/bayern-munich-leave-mario-mandzukic-out-of-german-cup-final-squad-as-chelsea-rumours-grow-4730238/

#CFC are negotiating for Mandzukic and #FCBayern are in negotiations for David Luiz. The two deals do not depend on one another (Bild)

#CFC have been in contact with Mandzukic's agent & are negotiating with #Bayern. A deal could potentially be completed in a few days (Bild)

Guardiola wants Chelsea's £30m-rated defender David Luiz and could be willing to agree a compromise deal with Mandzukic. #CFC (Mail)

Chelsea are set to accept this offer. Mandzukic will soon be a Chelsea player and Luiz a Bayern player. #CFC

First on Costa, (since Mandzukic is being rumored as a backup to him at Chelsea) wasn't there reports that Chelsea agreed on the release clause prior to that Club World Cup against Atletico that Falcao was a done deal? Now the same thing is being said about Costa before the season is done and dusted for AM. Atletico can wait to bend Chelsea over the barrel after the WC because 32 million compared to what Cavani and Falcao went for would be plain stupid by AM. Especially since 6 or 7 million of it is sell on clause owed to the club they bought him from. They don't need to sell Costa right now. As for Mandzukic, this is simply an unhappy guy who was going to play second fiddle to Lewandowski (start the Chelsea transfer rumors) and now on top of that gets dropped before a cup final, so let's fire up the fake swap with Bayern offers involving David Luiz. Mandzukic getting dropped to me sends a fat red flag and would avoid him.

arm size contributes fuckall to physical strength.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You