Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

If he is ready for second choice, I bet he will stay at Bayern. Playing time? Not much, if you have Costa around.

Costa can't play 90 minutes every game, prevent injury, etc. Also, we could play with 2 strikers?

so you think a player would want to play in a russian league (i would like u to name other WC players other than witsel and hulk in the russian league, if they can be said to be WC) rather than coming to chelsea and fighting for titles for the foreseeable future.

well i think no player in his right mind would do that. if mandzukic actually chooses russian league, then good riddance that we dint get him.

Exactly. Witsel is DYING to leave lol.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you think a player would want to play in a russian league (i would like u to name other WC players other than witsel and hulk in the russian league, if they can be said to be WC) rather than coming to chelsea and fighting for titles for the foreseeable future.

well i think no player in his right mind would do that. if mandzukic actually chooses russian league, then good riddance that we dint get him.

Money does matter, sir. I said it doesn't make sense for him to come to us if we have signed Costa. How come you think it is a better situation if you will warm the bench most of the time than playing in Russia with more money and CL?

Also Mandzukic is not in a condition with tight strikers competition for Croatia. Olic soon will retired. With his age and ability he will be automatically chosen, wherever he plays, as long as he play regularly.

Costa can't play 90 minutes every game, prevent injury, etc. Also, we could play with 2 strikers?

But most of the time he will warm the bench, I don't think he will be happy with that. Yes, unless Jose have a plan to play 2 strikers in front.

Money does matter, sir. I said it doesn't make sense for him to come to us if we have signed Costa. How come you think it is a better situation if you will warm the bench most of the time than playing in Russia with more money and CL?

Also Mandzukic is not in a condition with tight strikers competition for Croatia. Olic soon will retired. With his age and ability he will be automatically chosen, wherever he plays, as long as he play regularly.

what? money does matter but so does football!!!!!! you go and play in russia when a club is offering u foolish and insane money like they did to etoo!!! the last time i checked, anzhi is not doing that anymore. players like witsel are shouting to leave and hulk gets rumored every other week.

he is not going to warm our bench. we play 60 matches in a season in PL. look at dzeko. he was city's 3rd striker. he ended up finishing as one of the most important player. costa will hit a rocky patch or mario may hit a purple patch. plus in PL about 15 matches would be a 0-0/1-1 till 60th minute, with an important sub coming on.

and this situation is WAY BETTER than the one at bayern. in bayern he will be 2nd striker but if pep wants to change the game (which wont happen much with bayern anyways), then it will be one of the few hunderd WC players at his disposal and not mario who was anyways overlooked many times this season in place of a false 9.

also we are talking about mario mandzukic. the difference between mandzukic and costa is not much (infact people were still unsure who would be a better buy at the mid-season point). even if u take costa to be the better player, the difference in their class is NOT that much that it would precede form. this "bench warmer" thing is a poor argument.

what? money does matter but so does football!!!!!! you go and play in russia when a club is offering u foolish and insane money like they did to etoo!!! the last time i checked, anzhi is not doing that anymore. players like witsel are shouting to leave and hulk gets rumored every other week.

Okay, I think we should leave that Russian clubs and money topic for now. I said that they are just possible destinations, not that they are really interested in Mandzukic anyways. As my point is that it is better playing as a first choice in smaller CL clubs rather than on the bench in a top clubs.

he is not going to warm our bench. we play 60 matches in a season in PL. look at dzeko. he was city's 3rd striker. he ended up finishing as one of the most important player. costa will hit a rocky patch or mario may hit a purple patch. plus in PL about 15 matches would be a 0-0/1-1 till 60th minute, with an important sub coming on.

and this situation is WAY BETTER than the one at bayern. in bayern he will be 2nd striker but if pep wants to change the game (which wont happen much with bayern anyways), then it will be one of the few hunderd WC players at his disposal and not mario who was anyways overlooked many times this season in place of a false 9.

Yeah, but City play with 2 strikers in front, and we play with 1 striker, that is a huge difference. No way he would be happy to play mostly as a sub. As I said earlier if Mandzukic ready to play as a second choice, I bet he would stay at Bayern, but my main point is he will not. Surely he will choose a club that can guarantee the first choice as well as CL football, like Arsenal, Atletico, Roma, Dortmund, etc. And with Diego Costa looks like a done deal (I am sure Jose convinced him to come as a first choice striker), I don't think Chelsea will be in top of Mandzukic's list.

also we are talking about mario mandzukic. the difference between mandzukic and costa is not much (infact people were still unsure who would be a better buy at the mid-season point). even if u take costa to be the better player, the difference in their class is NOT that much that it would precede form. this "bench warmer" thing is a poor argument.

If you think they are not that much different, why we should have both when we only play with 1 striker? Young player like Lukaku will be much better as a sub or backup.

I've said before I am not fully sold on this bloke, but the idea of Costa, Mandzukic and (Insert name here) is a damn sight more exciting than what we have seen this season.

It was getting so annoying that I would of preferred Kermit, Miss Piggy and Morph.

Any transfer to Chelsea is not a swap, despite Bild saying that as a headline grab. They go on to explain that Chelsea are in negotiations for Mandzukic and Bayern are in negotiations for David Luiz, the two deals do not depend on one another.

If we switch to the diamond formation we used during mourinho's first time here, it will be nice for us to have 2 finishers (costa and mandzukic) in the starting lineup. Both are used to playing with strike partners (muller and villa) and they both work hard off the ball and had their best seasons in a pressing system.

Exciting times ahead

Only want this guy if we also get Costa. To be able to have Costa for the big games and then Mandzukic to be able to come in and give Costa a rest, whilst also having the option of playing the two up top.

Come on Chels.

Okay, I think we should leave that Russian clubs and money topic for now. I said that they are just possible destinations, not that they are really interested in Mandzukic anyways. As my point is that it is better playing as a first choice in smaller CL clubs rather than on the bench in a top clubs.

Yeah, but City play with 2 strikers in front, and we play with 1 striker, that is a huge difference. No way he would be happy to play mostly as a sub. As I said earlier if Mandzukic ready to play as a second choice, I bet he would stay at Bayern, but my main point is he will not. Surely he will choose a club that can guarantee the first choice as well as CL football, like Arsenal, Atletico, Roma, Dortmund, etc. And with Diego Costa looks like a done deal (I am sure Jose convinced him to come as a first choice striker), I don't think Chelsea will be in top of Mandzukic's list.

If you think they are not that much different, why we should have both when we only play with 1 striker? Young player like Lukaku will be much better as a sub or backup.

u brought the russian clubs and napoli/bvb/atm... none of whom seem to be interested in him.

dzeko is their 3rd choice striker, in a 2 striker system while mandzukic will be 2nd striker in a 1 striker system. also, city have a lot of times gone to 4-2-3-1 with silva behind a lone striker.

as i said before, mandzukic as a 2nd striker in bayern is VERY DIFFERENT from mandzukic as a 2nd striekr for chelsea. i have given my reasons before.

again u bring in clubs that have so far not been linked at all with him but u want to stop talking about russian clubs.

they are different in strengths and abilities. costa is a brilliant dribbler, manzukic has a nice link-up play. they will be used accordingly to their strengths. buying both would probably be because united have 2 WC strikers - rooney, rvp, pool have SAS, city have 4 of them. hence jose wants to compete with them in that regards. when i said they is not much of a difference, i meant in their level and class.

u brought the russian clubs and napoli/bvb/atm... none of whom seem to be interested in him.

dzeko is their 3rd choice striker, in a 2 striker system while mandzukic will be 2nd striker in a 1 striker system. also, city have a lot of times gone to 4-2-3-1 with silva behind a lone striker.

as i said before, mandzukic as a 2nd striker in bayern is VERY DIFFERENT from mandzukic as a 2nd striekr for chelsea. i have given my reasons before.

again u bring in clubs that have so far not been linked at all with him but u want to stop talking about russian clubs.

they are different in strengths and abilities. costa is a brilliant dribbler, manzukic has a nice link-up play. they will be used accordingly to their strengths. buying both would probably be because united have 2 WC strikers - rooney, rvp, pool have SAS, city have 4 of them. hence jose wants to compete with them in that regards. when i said they is not much of a difference, i meant in their level and class.

You who asked in the first place which clubs, and I give some list of clubs as example who qualified for CL that might become Mandzukic possible destinations as a first choice striker and also could offer decent money in transfer fee and wage. I'm not saying they've already interested in Mandzukic, but possibly yes, if Bayern ready to sell or Mandzukic want to go. Last time I check, Bayern board want him to stay and I've never seen quotes from Mandzukic that he is want to go. That's why there seems no one interested in him at media, until now.

There is still huge difference as a backup behind 2 striker formation and behind 1 striker formation. In 2 striker formation like in City, if one of them injury or out of form and one else stay fit and scoring, you will still get your chance. Dzeko in when Aguero injured, despite one else fit and scoring, and then he is in when Negredo out of form, despite Aguero on fire, hence he has a lot of games in accumulation. Also as a sub, the chance is obviously bigger.

In 1 striker formation, you have to wait the main striker injured or out of form, until you get your chance. As a sub the chance is more limited than with 2 striker formation.

Agree that they're different type of striker. I think Costa style of play, which more fit in our system.

CFC wants Mandzukic, but does Mandzukic want second place @ CFC?

Doesn't make sense in my opinion, as he will be the second choice too in here behind Costa. Isn't it better for him to go to other clubs as a first choice striker? There are a lot of clubs who could offer that along with CL football and decent wages. It would be strange if he choose us instead.

Rumour is that Chelsea will double his wages in a five-year contract.

He will be 33 when his €6m per annum contract will run out. Do you think he is stupid enough to refuse this deal?

1st or 2nd choice, Mourinho will give him plenty of football time. And silverware, too, unlike Arsenal, Napoli, Roma. I don't even think those teams will offer him that kind of money in the first place...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You