Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I rate him as a 'Small teams Slayer'.
Someone like Dzeko with Man City,

A perfect option when you just have to make 9393939 crosses against a team which parking the bus, Mandzukic is mostly the best striker in the world when it comes to heading and catching crosses, signing him or dzeko (which is impossible) is a must regardless of his form in the WC.

No matter how awkward and hard he is to watch sometimes, all he does is score goals. Still wouldn't mind him in addition to Costa if Lukaku is to be sold. Could be a simple and easy transfer, really, since both Pep and he himself want out of Bayern.

No I rate him as a 'Small teams Slayer'.

Someone like Dzeko with Man City,

A perfect option when you just have to make 9393939 crosses against a team which parking the bus, Mandzukic is mostly the best striker in the world when it comes to heading and catching crosses, signing him or dzeko (which is impossible) is a must regardless of his form in the WC.

If we sell Lukaku I wouldn't mind the Mandzukic signing but until then...

If Lukaku was to be sold/loaned out then Mandzukic would be an excellent addition to the team.

People often say Costa or Mandzukic, but they are completely different players. Mario is one of the very best targets there is; he rarely loses an aerial duel, he holds on to the ball really well and has that box instinct that makes one think of Nistelrooy.

I am not saying that we should get Mario ahead of Costa (especially not because of their world cup performance), but Chelsea do not always play the same way and when you need to adjust your tactics for your team, it helps to have players with different strengths.

Against teams that do not park the bus (roughly half the games per season) Costa would be the better choice, a more direct player with pace who is at his best when we has space ahead of him. Against teams that do park the bus, Mario would most likely be a better fit. His movement in the box and ability to dominate in duels would provide a greater threat.

I like Lukaku and I like Costa, if we end up with those two I would say its a big upgrade to the last couple of seasons. Mandzukic and Costa would however be a massive upgrade. The only question would be if any unhappiness would emerge as both would expect to be starters.

I am starting to have doubts about Lukaku to be honest. He is young and have a lot of years ahead of him, but he does not seem to have the patience to wait for his chance. He is still a raw player that needs to improve in several areas if he wants to make it in a better team than WBA or Everton, but I fear that his attitude might force a move, a shame really.

No matter how awkward and hard he is to watch sometimes, all he does is score goals. Still wouldn't mind him in addition to Costa if Lukaku is to be sold. Could be a simple and easy transfer, really, since both Pep and he himself want out of Bayern.

While Mandzukic would be a good 2nd choice ST, I do question if he would want to move from one bench to another. After all, part of the reason he's not happy at Bayern is because he wasn't playing as much as he did under Heynckes previously.

While Mandzukic would be a good 2nd choice ST, I do question if he would want to move from one bench to another. After all, part of the reason he's not happy at Bayern is because he wasn't playing as much as he did under Heynckes previously.

I was under the impression that he wanted out for being left out in the CL and being basically tossed aside without thought for Lewandowski.

I think if José were to assure him that he'd get plenty of game time here (if Lukaku were sold) then he'd be happy to move here. I think he'd score loads here as an impact player late in games or as a starter if we need a different look than Costa.

I was under the impression that he wanted out for being left out in the CL and being basically tossed aside without thought for Lewandowski.

I think if José were to assure him that he'd get plenty of game time here (if Lukaku were sold) then he'd be happy to move here. I think he'd score loads here as an impact player late in games or as a starter if we need a different look than Costa.

Pointless. Think Mandzukic wants to get consistent game time rather than coming in and out of the team. We are not like gonna switch our striker week in week out.

Pointless. Think Mandzukic wants to get consistent game time rather than coming in and out of the team. We are not like gonna switch our striker week in week out.

If what you say is true (and it most likely is) then what's the point of keeping Lukaku? Why would he even want to come back?

May as well cash in on him and keep Ba and Torres as backups.

If what you say is true (and it most likely is) then what's the point of keeping Lukaku? Why would he even want to come back?

May as well cash in on him and keep Ba and Torres as backups.

It's a matter of finding some decent and happy to be 2nd choice. If Mourinho can convince Mandzukic or even Lukaku to be that, then good but judging by current circumstances, I doubt they would want that role.

We'd be better off with Costa in my mind but if we end up with Mandzukic that wouldn't be a bad alternative. I don't know why everything here is so black and white? They are both fantastic players who fit with the personnel of this team.

I wouldn't mind having a strike force of Costa, Mandzukic, Lukaku.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You