Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

Mandzukic hasn't traveled with his team to Berlin for the cup final. Guardiola just explained it was a technical decision & he has no injury

Well its either a] Guardiola thinks he won't offer anything to the team and will waste a squad space or b] He's on his way

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You who asked in the first place which clubs, and I give some list of clubs as example who qualified for CL that might be Mandzukic possible destinations as a first choice and offer decent money in transfer fee and wage. I'm not saying they've already interested in Mandzukic, but possibly yes if Bayern ready to sell or Mandzukic want to go. Last time I check, Bayern board want him to stay and I've never seen quotes from Mandzukic that he is want to go. That's why there seems no one interested in him at media, until their Luiz bid rumour.

i asked which clubs he could go to and u gave a list of clubs, 99% of which, he has no chance to go. for a player wanting to leave, he does not always have to blow a trumpet thru media

There is still huge difference as a backup behind 2 striker formation and behind 1 striker formation. In 2 striker formation like in City, if one of them injury or out of form and one else stay fit and scoring, you will still get your chance. Dzeko in when Aguero injured, despite one else fit and scoring, also when Negredo out of form, despite Aguero on fire, hence he has a lot of games in accumulation. Also as a sub, the chance is obviously bigger.

In 1 striker formation, you have to wait the main striker injured or out of form, until you get your chance. As a sub the chance is more limited than with 2 striker formation.

Agree that they're different type of striker. I think Costa style of play, which more fit in our system.

1st thing first, mandzukic and costa in the same squad would mean both the strikers fighting for the 1st squad position. please undersatand that this is real life and not fifa. look at torres and etoo. look at how they were played to their strengths. we did not have a 1st striker then and with these 2 it would be the same.

also, city have played many times with just one striker when aguero is out. only after aguero continously got injured and negredo hopelessly lost form did dzeko get a real run in.

mandzukic with the heyneckes bayern played in a way that would be closest to describing the way jose would want us to play. he definitely has more experience, a better CV. and the fact that we are discussing who would fit our system best should tell u that their wont be no outright first striker (unlike the situation generated by costa-lukaku scenario). hence saying mandzukic would simply come from bayern's bench to ours is wrong!!!

mandzukic is 27, costa is 25. lukaku is 20.

simply cant see lukaku taking a 3rd striker role behind these guys. he has to know that his play time with these 2 in the squad reduces exponentially and too for coming years (not just one or 2.).

I'm thinking this, Lukaku just turned 21 and has to know that playing for CFC means you have to be performing at a high level. He isn't ready to be an every game type striker for a club as massive a chelsea therefore, I would lock him up to a longer deal and keep him as our 3rd option. And not the type of 3rd option Ba was, I say play him in cups the odd CL games and a few EPL starts as well... We have to give him the opportunity to fight for the jersey before we look to move him, if he truly wants to be the best he will know this and not run from the challenge.

i asked which clubs he could go to and u gave a list of clubs, 99% of which, he has no chance to go. for a player wanting to leave, he does not always have to blow a trumpet thru media

1st thing first, mandzukic and costa in the same squad would mean both the strikers fighting for the 1st squad position. please undersatand that this is real life and not fifa. look at torres and etoo. look at how they were played to their strengths. we did not have a 1st striker then and with these 2 it would be the same.

also, city have played many times with just one striker when aguero is out. only after aguero continously got injured and negredo hopelessly lost form did dzeko get a real run in.

mandzukic with the heyneckes bayern played in a way that would be closest to describing the way jose would want us to play. he definitely has more experience, a better CV. and the fact that we are discussing who would fit our system best should tell u that their wont be no outright first striker (unlike the situation generated by costa-lukaku scenario). hence saying mandzukic would simply come from bayern's bench to ours is wrong!!!

How could you so sure Mandzukic don't want to come if club like Arsenal or Atletico calling? Arsenal could do Ozil, Atletico have vacant striker position and they are one of top club now, striker who doesn't want to play for them, should've their head examined.

I realized this is real life not football manager, that's why I think no player in a level of Mandzukic will just accept being a sub. No, you can't just assuming Eto'o - Torres treatment will works the same with Costa - Mandzukic.

Eto'o is old and lack of sharpness, no way he is considered main striker at the first place, rotation is a must. Torres is Torres, Jose know we can't rely on him as a main striker, rotation is a must. Rotation between Eto'o - Torres naturally happened, because none are good enough to be our main / first choice striker.

Now we have Costa. He is the main striker in Atletico who knocked us out in CL, one draw away to become la liga champion and in the final of CL. I believe Jose promised him the same role in here to convince him. No way he would want to come to Chelsea with rotation role. He will be our main / first choice striker at Chelsea, you like it or not. Any striker who want to join us after we've sign Costa must accept would become a real second choice.

1st or 2nd choice, Mourinho will give him plenty of football time. And silverware, too, unlike Arsenal, Napoli, Roma. I don't even think those teams will offer him that kind of money in the first place...

I don't think so, with Costa around, sir. Agree with silverware, but guaranted first choice striker place is important too for him. Club like Arsenal and Atletico could offer him such thing. Arsenal could do Ozil to Mandzukic (high transfer fee and wage) and Atletico have a great chance too with Costa leaving.

How you could you so sure Manzukic don't want to come if club like Arsenal or Atletico calling? Arsenal could do Ozil, Atletico have vacant striker position and they are one of top club now, striker who doesn't want to play for them, should've their head examined.

again? weird dude. no rumors. nothing. yet a striker should supposedly get his head examined.

I realized this is real life not football manager, that's why I think no player will just accept being a sub. No, you can't just assuming Eto'o - Torres treatment will works the same with Costa - Mandzukic.

Eto'o is old and lack of sharpness, no way he is considered main striker at the first place, rotation is a must. Torres is Torres, Jose know we can't rely on him as a main striker, rotation is a must. Rotation between Eto'o - Torres naturally happened, because none are good enough to be our main / first choice striker.

Now we have Costa. He is the main striker in Atletico who knocked us out in CL, one draw away to become la liga champion and in the final of CL. I believe Jose promised him the same role in here to convince him. No way he would want to come to Chelsea with rotation role. He will be our main / first choice striker at Chelsea, you like it or not. Any striker who want to join us after we've sign Costa must have accept become a real second choice.

we have costa and we have mandzukic who has been the MAIN striker in BAYERN MUNICH, THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD, for 2 years. how will costa be our undisputed no.1. its like going round in circles and then banging your head on the wall. can u give me a list of reasons as to why costa would start 45 matches out of the 60 matches we play next season?

jose promised kalas 10 starts at the start of the season, jose promised that luiz and mata were not for sale. jose said that we will have a "quiet" winter transfer window. jose said whu played 19th century football and yet himsel parked the bus. again, this is not FIFA. real life. i am sure jose wont get a message from costa saying "i was promised a larger role than is being given to me".

for the last time, these are 2 players with 2 very different strengths and attributes.

mandzukic has already thrived in the striker role at a team which has played a system of football very similar to ours. his link up play is brilliant, headers are brilliant

costa is a striker which gives us hold up play. continously bringing his team-mated into the game. runs the channels, and is a brilliant dribbler.

but u r right in one thing, costa-mandzukic not comparable to torres-etoo. we will probably have 2 WC strikers compared to a past his prime WC striker and an no-good idiot!!!

can u give me a list of reasons as to why costa would start 45 matches out of the 60 matches we play next season?

Lol, why not if he stays fit and keep scoring? You mean that we should give 30:30 for Costa and other striker, even if Costa stays fit and on form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1UUd2uttvA

another vid featuring almost all his goals for Bayern. Ironically the video's title is "complete striker" which he as the video shows clearly is not. All of his goals, except 2 are on touch finishes inside the box, the other two he takes 3 touches. He is a poacher. A very good one who can also link the play up, but he still remains a poacher. We could have used a decent one in most of our losses this season, but this does not alter what Mou has said: he wants a striker who offers more than that which is why I can't Mandzu being first choice. Also I don't see why Mario would be better as 2nd choice than Lukaku, who is much stronger anIMd faster and is better on the counter. IMO in a Luiz-Mandzukic swap deal we are the ones who end up on the losing side. Luiz has more class as a player. He can play RB, CB, CDM and CM. Even though he is not worldclass in any, he often perfroms world class in big matches. His performance against PSG home was monstrous, he bullied Arsenal all the way, he was great vs ManCity. also he has a classy guy who is great for the teamspirit. We should not sell a player whose best is yet to come to an CL rival. If we need new strikers, we should secure the first option first. then consider if Lukaku should not be first choice and then look if we buy Mandzukic but do not give Bayern a player we need as much as them but buy him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You