Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

I'm not his biggest fan, but to be honest a strikeforce of Diego Costa, Mandzukic and [pick a CF] sounds so good.

But this has to be a "Mandzukic plus money" deal. He will be 28 in a few days and he should be worth around €20m I guess.

Mandzukic plus €15m.

Sounds more like Mandzukic for Luiz.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicken or egg?

Is our crossing so bad it makes our strikers look mediocre or are our strikers so mediocre that they make the crossing look bad?

Azpi and Ivanovic are both more than capable of putting in a good cross - who are they supposed to aim for?

Both in my opinion, so we need new forward(s) and at least one LB capable of delivering the crosses a player like Manzdukic thrives on.

I'm more than happy to give Azpi the benefit of the doubt, I think he'd be capable of delivering quality balls on his stronger side.

Just get a striker that actually works a defender, so that when a cross comes over he is spinning the defender or darting across him to win the crossed ball.

Torres looks like he can't be arsed to do any of that. Then we will see a difference in the department alone.

If we do sign him and Costa Lukaku's CFC career is over IMO... Can't see him staying on as the number 3 striker.

I understand they're different sort of players but I'd rather keep Lukaku than get Mandzukic.

Not only that, but I'd prefer to sell David Luiz for 30mi pounds than to sell him for 15 + Manzukic...

Get Mandzukic+15m for Luiz + sell Lukaku for around 20-25 = get Vidal for 40m.

And we'll probably sell Marin, Bertrand, Moses, maybe Mikel and Ba.. Torres. Its amazing that we could still sell so many players that we dont really need.

Get Mandzukic+15m for Luiz + sell Lukaku for around 20-25 = get Vidal for 40m.

And we'll probably sell Marin, Bertrand, Moses, maybe Mikel and Ba.. Torres. Its amazing that we could still sell so many players that we dont really need.

Sounds like a plan to me!!!! Vidal here would be amazing!

Lukaku is young. He can still go out on loan for a couple of seasons and return at 23, two years younger than Costa is now. Costa and Mandzukic is a better combination in my opinion than Costa and Lukaku. You want strikers who bring different things to the table and think these two compliment one another well.

Lukaku as a third striker doesn't work in my opinion. I'd actually like to see Bamford given that role but a loan is more likely. Feruz could spend another year in the 'B league' and get a few run outs.

If Lukaku isn't happy with this arrangement then he only has himself to blame. He had a chance to compete for the shirt with Eto'o, Torres and Ba....now he might have to compete with Costa and Mandzukic. I like the guy but I think I might piss myself laughing if that happened.

Lukaku is young. He can still go out on loan for a couple of seasons and return at 23, two years younger than Costa is now. Costa and Mandzukic is a better combination in my opinion than Costa and Lukaku. You want strikers who bring different things to the table and think these two compliment one another well.

Lukaku as a third striker doesn't work in my opinion. I'd actually like to see Bamford given that role but a loan is more likely. Feruz could spend another year in the 'B league' and get a few run outs.

If Lukaku isn't happy with this arrangement then he only has himself to blame. He had a chance to compete for the shirt with Eto'o, Torres and Ba....now he might have to compete with Costa and Mandzukic. I like the guy but I think I might piss myself laughing if that happened.

Boom. End conversation with this.

Says who?

mandzukic is 27, costa is 25. lukaku is 20.

simply cant see lukaku taking a 3rd striker role behind these guys. he has to know that his play time with these 2 in the squad reduces exponentially and too for coming years (not just one or 2.).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You