Mario Mandzukic

BlueLyon

We have to play total attack, total defense like bayern last season if we want manzukic.

Bayern last season had wingers like us who always came inside, but their full backs always went forward to provide crosses. We have to let our leftback free if we want this guy, and we need a left footed one to put in proper crosses in.

His age doesn't matter because he doesn't depend on speed (see drogba & ibrahimovic) and he is so good in the air and physical so we have to take full advantage of that.

mandzukic

Ribery/hazard. Muller/oscar. Robben/salah/wiliam

In total if we adopt bayern's style of football last season, and I'm hoping that's what we are gearing towards to do next season, I fully support this move.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to play total attack, total defense like bayern last season if we want manzukic.

Bayern last season had wingers like us who always came inside, but their full backs always went forward to provide crosses. We have to let our leftback free if we want this guy, and we need a left footed one to put in proper crosses in.

His age doesn't matter because he doesn't depend on speed (see drogba & ibrahimovic) and he is so good in the air and physical so we have to take full advantage of that.

mandzukic

Ribery/hazard. Muller/oscar. Robben/salah/wiliam

In total if we adopt bayern's style of football last season, and I'm hoping that's what we are gearing towards to do next season, I fully support this move.

That left foot left back that can cross is Ricardo Rodriguez, best left back in the world, in my opinion.

Yes, I agree with you if both do well, and also if Madzukic do well and Costa doesn't. But what I said to the guy you replied with, is that if Costa stays fit and keep scoring would you still distribute fifty-fifty number of games with any other striker?

Yes at the start of the season obviously they would both get their chances, unless Costa went on a 6 games scoring streak or something then Mario will have to wait for his chance. However, I would expect them to get equal opportunities up intil October/November when Jose will decide who is really the main man, and it would be great if both of them kept on scoring so we could have a Higuain/Benzema situation where we will rotate every 2-3 games.

Just to put this whole minutes thing into context, when Jose was in charge of Real Madrid in the 2011-12 season they scored 121 goals.His two main strikers were Benzema and Higuain.

Benzema featured in 52 games, starting 40 and scoring 32 goals.

Higuain featured in 54 games, starting 28 and scoring 26.

Benzema got 3561 minutes, Higuain got 2785.

These are two top strikers who bring different things to the table seemingly able to live harmoniously with one another and get plenty of minutes and goals. Costa and Mandzukic can do the same for us hopefully.

The other thing to take away from that....Lukaku has fuck all chance of getting many minutes in that type of scenario.

Just to put this whole minutes thing into context, when Jose was in charge of Real Madrid in the 2011-12 season they scored 121 goals.His two main strikers were Benzema and Higuain.

These are two top strikers who bring different things to the table seemingly able to live harmoniously with one another and get plenty of minutes and goals. Costa and Mandzukic can do the same for us hopefully.

The other thing to take away from that....Lukaku has fuck all chance of getting many minutes in that type of scenario.

Eventually Higuain decided he will not stay to share games with Benzema though so yep it is in theory a great situation to be in imo but eventually, maybe not this season but eventually one will be the main man with 1 as back up. For example now for City Aguero will play all the time when he is fit and the other 3 will have to share that last ST spot. Imo Costa is more likely to succeed and be the main man eventually for us as he seems to have more desire than Mandzukic. Even when he is having a shit game Costa always try to get involves with play one way or another(sometime illegitimately) while as we see with Mario, sometime the team doesn't play well means he also doesn't play well, he is a good striker but the type that provide that breakthrough for the team or the spark.

As for Lukaku, I think his Chelsea career under Jose is over probably after that pen kick missed against Bayern and his decision to ask for a loan instead of staying and trying to redeem himself.

In his three years at Real Madrid, the rotating of the two strikers was only succesful in one season. Things like that don't last. In the other seasons there were always issues and problems with form, which is only logical. A striker needs to play constantly, to get into a rhythm and become confident. He needs to be able to play without worrying about losing his spot in the starting line-up if he goes a few matches without scoring.

Add a third striker and it's just a complete mess. Demba never complained but that's rare.

Which poses the question, is it really worth taking Mandzukic? Wouldn't it be simpler to take the maximum cash that Bayern will offer then evaluate options on our own.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/9315133/transfer-news-mario-mandzukic-may-be-forced-to-leave-bayern-munich

Unless Pep is sacked or Lewan sometime doesn't arrive at Bayern anymore, he is definitely finished now. It is gonna be either us, Arsenal, Spurs, Milan, Inter, Atletico, Dortmund that he is gonna sign for. Notice that all these teams are atm capable of affording him and need a striker, imo it is gonna come down to us vs Arsenal which I think he will choose us. The rest really cannot match our financial muscle.

Why? I ask because I seem to remember you following German football more than most here.

Because I don't rate him as a player nor as a character. He's bad technically (not at all better than Lukaku; people underestimate his technique it seems), can't create with the ball at his feet, isn't a great athlete, and isn't a threat from outside the box. He's good in the air, knows how to score, and can work defenders but that's about it. Character-wise he's an asshole. Whereas people like his assholeishness on the pitch most seem to forget his flaws: he's constantly talking to the ref and putting himself in a position to receive a stupid yellow card for simply not being able to shut up, he thinks of himself to highly resulting in arguing with coaches if things don't go his preferred way, and he'll never take the blame even if he fucked up royally.

Instead of buying this guy for 15-20m why not simply give Lukaku the gig?! I don't get it.

Because I don't rate him as a player nor as a character. He's bad technically (not at all better than Lukaku; people underestimate his technique it seems), can't create with the ball at his feet, isn't a great athlete, and isn't a threat from outside the box. He's good in the air, knows how to score, and can work defenders but that's about it. Character-wise he's an asshole. Whereas people like his assholeishness on the pitch most seem to forget his flaws: he's constantly talking to the ref and putting himself in a position to receive a stupid yellow card for simply not being able to shut up, he thinks of himself to highly resulting in arguing with coaches if things don't go his preferred way, and he'll never take the blame even if he fucked up royally.

Instead of buying this guy for 15-20m why not simply give Lukaku the gig?! I don't get it.

Unless you are either Ronaldo, Hulk, Bale or Messi you are unlikely to a threat outside the box. The last part of that bold sentence is important, that is all we ask of him. Then you go on about the character idea again, when are we gonna give us this bs argument of only saints allowed to play for Chelsea? Cole, Terry, Costa, Hazard, Torres, Eto'o, Ramires and others all have or will play for Chelsea next season-and I can tell you personally they are on some level of 'asshole' too. Just like Diego Costa then for the last sentence of the 1st paragraph?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You