Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mata didn´t play for several weeks, but Jose decided to start him. Wrong decision, in my view. Hazard is stuck on the wing, wrong position for him. Too creative to be there, I feel. Players jerkiness to convert clear chances will always cost them to win.

Some say, Eto´o was reasonable. To me, I didn´t see much.

As I already said, there are still too many players on the team. Willian is still waiting to be played. I still can not understand why was he bought, 32m spent for what ?

After watch Eto'o play I suddenly feel Torres was a joke ...

Even Eto'o can't find the net last night but overall he's lot better than Torres Positioning ,Passing ,Dribbling ,Defending even agility and pace

Luiz was too scurry he try to create a chance but it's always a poor pass from him

Mikel seem to lost some weight he's quicker and that a good sight

Ramires look great in MC Energetic in both DEF and ATK

Hazard sometime I feel he's dribble too much even 1 vs 4 situation he's still try to dribble

Overall our Attack Tempo seem to hugely increased and that make the quality of finishing was poorly drop

Hope that They practice the finishing or we need to reduce the tempo down

Looking through some of the posts in this thread, I don't want to live on this planet any more. We were supposedly "embarrassing" - people should look at themselves before criticising the team. Some utterly cringe-worthy posts in here :lol:

So many people over-reacting. Everton are what I would call a "bogey team". Remember when we lost two years in a row away at Middlesbrough under Mourinho the first time around? Nothing to see here, folks. We played relatively well - if we'd have been shit and created no chances at all and been dominated by them then I'd be concerned. They completed a smash and grab and scored with their only real chance.

Not to worry - we'll demolish Basel, Fulham and Swindon and then go away and hump Spurs, and no-one will really care about this one.

We have two issues at the moment - our finishing, and the fact Mourinho doesn't know what his best team is. Both will be rectified with time, so be patient. The amount of people going crazy is absolutely hilarious; we've lost to Everton, not fucking Scunthorpe :lol:

Thank you @Alex. A voice of reason, coming across solemn and almost lost.

I thought we weren't that bad, the finishing was awful but to be fair, our team was stretched out all over the place in the latest farce of the "international break" that they just looked tired. Schurrle apart from his finishing yesterday looked really good and will develop into one of the best players on his position i am sure. Everton away is always a tough place to go and especially yesterday when they had a big point to prove.

Not concerned. Mata started to shut up all the rumors i am afraid. Clearly not match-fit yet.

man of the match, seriously. This game is about the one who sucked less than his teammates! And to me that was Hazard, although he was clearly not 100% (maybe still that injury, who knows) and what the hell happened to Mata, it's so clear that his head is somewhere else. It's not only about not being fit 100%!!!

Horrible luck for us yesterday! All our rivals got super lucky (City, Arsenal, Man U) and we had the complete opposite!

We should have been 3 nil up by half time. Awful defending by Luiz for the goal, he left Ivanovic to mark Jelavic and Naismith. (spelt it correctly?)

Some of the people who are saying we didn't deserve to win because we didn't put our chances away. Are your trying to say something about the match or are just trying to show off how 'unbiased' you are. It was just terrible luck!

Well played Mikel. Hope his critics take this performance into account.

In my eyes it always had to be Lukaku number two striker, the one that can hurt your defence like hell and a quality number one striker (I mean quality)!!! We had Cavani, Falcao, last year Van Persie,... I mean this kind of quality, not Eto'o, not even Rooney who is a different kind of striker. We need someone who can pop up in the box and finish it. Well that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree

who are we to complain about having more shots, more possession, looking more dangerous but not winning. have we so conveniently forgotten the 2012 CL semis and finals.

sanchez, fabregas missing easy chances, messi misssing penalties, robben-penalty, gomez- chance after chance and the list goes on and on and on. as i said before FINISHING is also an aspect of the game. just like passing, tackling, positioning etc. infact its the most important aspect of the game.

We won the Champions League final but lets not kid ourself's, it was the most one sided Champions League final for a long, long time (even more so that Porto vs Monaco). It should have been a humiliating defeat, but some sort of footballing god was on our side.

Munich was probably our worst performance in the Roman era, our whole team apart from Cech had a mare, we will never be able to truly re pay Cech for that night, ever!!!!!

The point im trying to make is we got away with a shite performance that night, but we didn't get away with it forever (Athletico and Juve the following season, going out at the group stage), the same as we won't lose forever if we keep performing like yesterday.