Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Opposition fans are going to be surprised by how good he is. This signing has slipped in under the radar completely. People have no idea what to expect with Eto'o - I certainly don't!

Either thye are going to be surprised or we will. I have no idea if we're going to see Inter's Eto'o or some average striker from the Russian league. I honestly don't.

Either thye are going to be surprised or we will. I have no idea if we're going to see Inter's Eto'o or some average striker from the Russian league. I honestly don't.

Admittedly I've not watched any of Anzhi's games but has anyone who watches them regularly said bad things about Eto'o? Because the few posts that I've read from people who watch the Russian league don't see him as an "average striker" but actually praise him a lot for adapting his style of play despite losing some pace etc. And from some clips (Youtube is not the best source, I know) he still looks good because of his excellent ball control and link-up play.

Admittedly I've not watched any of Anzhi's games but has anyone who watches them regularly said bad things about Eto'o? Because the few posts that I've read from people who watch the Russian league don't see him as an "average striker" but actually praise him a lot for adapting his style of play despite losing some pace etc. And from some clips (Youtube is not the best source, I know) he still looks good because of his excellent ball control and link-up play.

FWIW, it's probably best to just have low expectations on Eto'o to begin with. At least IF he doesn't perform to the level that we all hope he will be or better than our current strikers, we won't get too pissed off and disappointed about it. And on the other hand, if he surprises all of us and do well, then we all can feel really happy about it..

I've seen a few Europa League matches and he looked "uninspiring" to say the least. He's been away from the top level of football for 3 seasons, so like Jason said, it's best not to get our hopes too high before we see him play.

FWIW, it's probably best to just have low expectations on Eto'o to begin with. At least IF he doesn't perform to the level that we all hope he will be or better than our current strikers, we won't get too pissed off and disappointed about it. And on the other hand, if he surprises all of us and do well, then we all can feel really happy about it..

Pessimistic old man level 1000! :P

The Russian League isn't as bad as general opinion suggest's, ok it may not be the PL but it has strong teams in it who have upset teams from "strong league's" on more than one occasion. CSKA nearly winning at Old Trafford, Rubin Kazan winning at the Nou Camp and Zenit thumping Bayern a few of the examples in recent years.

Opposition fans are going to be surprised by how good he is. This signing has slipped in under the radar completely. People have no idea what to expect with Eto'o - I certainly don't!

This.

The last time i saw Eto'o play as a ST consistently was when he was at Barca! at Inter he had spells playing out wide at Anzhi he played behind the striker! so its going to be interesting to see him play week in week out as a ST!!!

Just read the comments roberto carlos made on etoo and that is why i dont want him. Heard similiar stuff from pep when he let him go while still at barca! Hope he keeps his shit together..

Mourinho signed him and knows him best as they have worked together before. I don't see any problem at all.

Just read the comments roberto carlos made on etoo and that is why i dont want him. Heard similiar stuff from pep when he let him go while still at barca! Hope he keeps his shit together..

You must've missed what Zlatan said about Pep.. I'm not worried at all

Lest we forget, Eto'o has moved here at Mourinho's whim. He's taken a massive pay-cut and would obviously do anything Mourinho asks, so why would he cause trouble?

While Terry and Lampard have nowhere near the influence they once had, as they're entering their twilight years. The same goes for Ashley.

The top players at the team now are all young and willing to learn from the best coach in the world.

This isn't Real Madrid. There is no 'player power' at Chelsea anymore.