Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

Just read the comments roberto carlos made on etoo and that is why i dont want him. Heard similiar stuff from pep when he let him go while still at barca! Hope he keeps his shit together..

and you know who he worked with between Roberto Carlos and Pep Guardiola? José Mourinho... so I guess José isn't exactly in for a surprise about the kind of player he brought...

Just read the comments roberto carlos made on etoo and that is why i dont want him. Heard similiar stuff from pep when he let him go while still at barca! Hope he keeps his shit together..

Pep couldnt manage his way out of a toilet.

even what roberto carlod said is true, it doesnt really matter. eto'o is a big player, played for small club (whole europe) like anzhi. of course he acted like that, because he had more experience than the other squad.

and at chelsea we have many national team captains, so i cant see etoo do like he did at anzhi

Samuel Eto'o has revealed that he hated Jose Mourinho before working alongside him at Inter Milan.

Mourinho in 2009/2010 inspired Inter to the treble, and did so with Eto'o performing convincingly despite being out of position at the right of a front three and having been recruited as Zlatan Ibrahimovic's replacement.

It was during their incredibly successful, albeit brief, time together in Italy that Eto'o's opinion of Mourinho so strongly changed but before then, largely due to the Portuguese's rivalry with Barcelona when he was last Chelsea's manager, the striker once said he wouldn't even consider playing for him.

article-2419779-1BC874DE000005DC-221_634

Friends reunited: New Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o is delighted to be working under Jose Mourinho once again

'Before meeting at Inter, we didn't know each other personally, so our relationship was tense,' Eto'o told The Sun. 'I even said one time that I'd never play for a club where Jose was coach.

'But God knows best. He wanted to show me that I was wrong and today Jose is a friend. Now he's my coach again.'

The prolific Eto'o arrived at Chelsea for £7million from Anzhi Makhachkala at the end of the transfer window following the club's failed summer-long pursuit of Wayne Rooney.

article-2419779-1B955B93000005DC-400_634

Thumbs up: Jose Mourinho finally got the striker he wanted when Eto'o arrived

There have been times in the Cameroonian's career that he has been accused of being a problematic influence and it is this that contributed to his 2009 departure from Barca but at Inter, under Mourinho, his commitment was consistently clear.

Eto'o was incidentally strongly linked with Chelsea as the club sought a new striker in 2006, when Adriano was also under consideration, before Andriy Shevchenko was eventually signed for £30m.

article-2419779-1B8586F0000005DC-507_634

Unlikely partnership? The two also combined to great affect while in Italy with Inter Milan

article-2419779-09B7460F000005DC-822_634Treble success: Inter won the Champions League and the domestic double in 2009/2010 when Mourinho and Eto'o were there

READ - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2419779/Samuel-Etoo-I-used-hate-Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho.html

Speaking exclusively to Chelsea TV, the Blues' skipper, an ever-present in our Premier League campaign thus far, expressed his delight at having a striker he has played against on numerous occasions added to the group.

'He's looked really sharp in training so far, and so has Willian,' Terry explained. 'You speak to them and they talk about how the intensity of their training (in Russia) is a lot different to how it is here, so for sure it will take them a few weeks to get their full fitness, but once they do they'll both look very good.

'I said to him (Eto'o) thank god you're here because I've had so many battles against him. He's such a threat, he's obviously a few years older but he still looks very sharp and hungry. He's got an eye for goal and I think he'll be a good addition, he was welcomed straight into the squad.'

:getin:

I will keep my hopes until he proves it on pitch as many strikers in past years couldnt and were expected to...

But Im looking forward to see him, however I have little expectations from him and hopefuly he will surprise me for once after several striker dissapointments...

I could write quite a long post about Eto'o and Anzhi and Chelsea and money and Russians and oil, but I won't.

I will just say it in few sentences. When you give a player such ammount of money Eto'o had in Russia, the player loses motivation. By the time you've read what I said, Eto'o would already earn 8,4 pounds in Anzhi. Now it's a completely different story. He wants to prove himself, he wants to add PL to his Spain and Italian trophies. He even took a paycut, so he could play for us. Money don't matter for him right now that much, he just wants to show the world he still got it.

I just say, be careful and don't underestimate him. That's all from me.

Interesting theory.

Eto's main part of his game was his acceleration, that doesn't mean he was Theo Walcott, that just means in his prime he was extremely dangerous and when a player loses that main attribute to his game it affects all others. I believe 90 percent of good players have a formula, and that allows them mental strength such as confidence to do well in other things.

Malouda was a great example because when he lost his pace he lost everything. He couldn't dribble, he couldn't cross, he couldn't pass and he just turned into a huge liability for us. It then turned to one of the best left wingers in the world who we could always rely on to letting us down all the time. Other teams used to be terrified when he had the ball, then we where terrified when he had the ball, then next thing you know he's playing Van Persie in to make it 4-3.

I am hoping Eto'o is going to shut my post up and score goals, but if physics intervene then what can we do but face reality that Eto'o is just simply not good enough. Honestly though I'm really hoping he will come here and do really well, I didn't want the transfer to happen but now that it's happened we need to show him the full support and when he plays against Everton lets make sure we see a good performance.

I think the question we have to keep in mind this season and others to come is how much are we going to rely on a striker regardless of who that striker is. we've discussed it briefly in the Torres thread (I guess) the other day and then Mourinho comes today and says 'He is a player adapted to the style of play we want in our team which is a bit contradictory to the general style and philosophy in the Premier League. We are not anymore a physical, direct team. We want to use the qualities of our attacking players in a different way'

whoever watched him playing for Anzhi knows he wasn't the traditional striker at all. Actually he wasn't even the highest player in the formation, there was another striker ahead of him. The message is between Mourinho's lines for those who want to read them.

Interesting theory.

Eto's main part of his game was his acceleration, that doesn't mean he was Theo Walcott, that just means in his prime he was extremely dangerous and when a player loses that main attribute to his game it affects all others. I believe 90 percent of good players have a formula, and that allows them mental strength such as confidence to do well in other things.

Malouda was a great example because when he lost his pace he lost everything. He couldn't dribble, he couldn't cross, he couldn't pass and he just turned into a huge liability for us. It then turned to one of the best left wingers in the world who we could always rely on to letting us down all the time. Other teams used to be terrified when he had the ball, then we where terrified when he had the ball, then next thing you know he's playing Van Persie in to make it 4-3.

I am hoping Eto'o is going to shut my post up and score goals, but if physics intervene then what can we do but face reality that Eto'o is just simply not good enough. Honestly though I'm really hoping he will come here and do really well, I didn't want the transfer to happen but now that it's happened we need to show him the full support and when he plays against Everton lets make sure we see a good performance.

Malouda never had real pace. Even in his best season his runs could still be tracked by slo-mo bots like Carrick. But he was strong and combative so he could always shield the ball from the defender while running. The arrivals of Torres and AVB did not really suit his direct play so his form detoriated.

If he has not lost it over night Eto'o still has great acceleration and can beat multiple defenders. He might not be able to do it on a consistent basis, but if he can stay motivated in the big games he will be a huge asset.

"You hear people saying that Chelsea will be the team to beat this year and that the Premier League is theirs to win, but they're still a centre-forward short in my view. They've got too many Number 10's and I don't think they have a world-class centre-forward. I thought Samuel Eto'o was past his best a long time ago and I don't see that buy at all." Paul Merson http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15205/8917756/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions-week-4

I really hope Eto'o can shut him up :D

I'm glad Eto'o cleared up that comment from 2004 and i'm also glad the media picked up on it and asked him about it. I've enjoyed reading about him and Jose from various sources, really just makes me feel even more confident about this season. I cannot wait for today's game.