Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

http://ohdenniswise.com/about

A good performance completely undermined by a minute of madness before half-time. When Cech could have dithered, he a dangerously bowled the ball downfield. Ramires and Eto'o both lost out before, later in the move, Luiz stepped out to leave Naismith free to nod over the line.

Unbelievably, there have been plenty of fans bemoaning Eto'o's performance. I don't see why. He linked up superbly, most notably setting up Ramires'shomemade volley in the first half and deftly nodding the ball into Oscar's path in the second. Yes, despite getting in some threatening positions he failed to get on the scoresheet. He was causing Everton problems, he was the right man to lead the line.

There were quite a few under-par performers, but Cole was atrocious - and he was rightfully replaced by Torres... oh, Torres. One exceptional strike against Bayern doesn't mean he's fit to lead the line. His record in the Premier League is apalling. He's a shadow of the player I hope he could still become. I like him, he tries hard, but I struggle to believe in him.

It was all a bit desperate, lacking discipline as the game progressed. I like the way José summed it up, despite dominating the game we didn't deserve to win because of the chances we spurned. This team is still a work in progress, a very exciting work in progress. Chin up, Chelsea.

Here we go. Gotta love you guys. 1 game and he's shit. Not thinking about how good his movement was and how he got into the positions to score and the fact that only a great challenge from Barry stopped him scoring, he couldn't have done much else. He did ok, bit rusty of course but for someone who's rusty, i think he did alright. Fine lines again. He'll score goals for us, i have no doubts at all.

Spot on

His movement off the ball was excellent and he linked up very well with the players considering he just arrived at the club. But he is obviously lacking a lot of fitness as I would have expected. Hopefully when he's 100% fit he can regain that yard of pace he seems to have lost atm.

so another striker "who needs time" ?

i've heard that too many times before

dude this is his first match ever in EPL... the same is to be said about Willian, was about André, and will be about anyone who comes from other lighter leagues.

How about in January if he still can't find his right feet then you bring this premature as heck argument? Today he was much better than Torres + Ba + Lukaku in all three previous EPL matches, so I guess it's one step forward.

Gosh these threads really are annoying at times... most times when we don't win.

dude this is his first match ever in EPL... the same is to be said about Willian, was about André, and will be about anyone who comes from other lighter leagues.

How about in January if he still can't find his right feet then you bring this premature as heck argument? Today he was much better than Torres + Ba + Lukaku in all three previous EPL matches, so I guess it's one step forward.

Gosh these threads really are annoying at times... most times when we don't win.

2w4gy1i.jpg