Samuel Eto'o

nadavTKL

On 9/7/2019 at 2:23 PM, Vesper said:

Former Chelsea striker announces his retirement from professional football

Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o has announced his retirement from professional football after an illustrious career spanning across six nations.

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/09/former-chelsea-striker-samuel-etoo-announces-his-retirement/

3 CL Trophies, 2 African Cup of Nations Trophies and an Olympic Gold Medal, A FIFA WCC, and 11 La Liga/Serie A trophies/Cups

plus around 350 top flight goals for club and country

not a bad career

wish to fuck we had a 2005ish Eto'o for a striker now

The 2014 version would do, thought his contributions for us were massively underrated.

• 9 months later...

Samuel Eto'o dispels Jose Mourinho myth after Chelsea and Inter Milan spells

Jose Mourinho is notorious for ruffling feathers in the dressing room, but former Inter Milan and Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o has leapt to the Special One's defence

0_GettyImages-100955796.jpg

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/samuel-etoo-dispels-jose-mourinho-22179150

Samuel Eto’o has issued a passionate defence of “top guy” Jose Mourinho, rubbishing claims that his former manager is difficult to work with.

The former Cameroon striker first played under Mourinho at Inter Milan, playing a crucial part in their famous Serie A and Champions League double in 2010.

He then enjoyed a brief stint under the Portuguese at Chelsea, scoring 12 goals in the 2013/14 campaign before leaving to join fellow English side Everton.

Mourinho, who was appointed Tottenham manager back in November, has become somewhat notorious for losing the dressing room during his third season with clubs.

But Eto’o has leapt to the Special One’s defence, denying claims that he causes controversy behind the scenes.

“Jose is, firstly, a friend,” he told Spanish outlet Marca.

“He's a person who's upfront and when he doesn't like something, he tells you. We both have strong temperaments and we understood each other well.

“He's one of the best people I have found in football. People try to present him as controversial, but it's a lie.

snip

• 1 year later...

Father of the year

Eto'o and not paying child support: Mother and daughter can die for all I care, leave me in peace

Eto'o and not paying child support: Mother and daughter can die for all I care, leave me in peace

• 1 year later...

Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o caught up in match-fixing scandal

https://www.Chelsea-news.co/2023/09/former-Chelsea-striker-caught-up-in-match-fixing-scandal/

Etoo-West-Brom.jpg

Former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o is being investigated by the police as part of a match fixing probe in Cameroon, according to the Sun.

Eto’o has been head of the African country’s football federation since 2021, and has been accused of helping rig games to favour one team for promotion in the second division there.

A recording apparently featuring Eto’o promising to promote a club by fixing games, telling someone on on the line “there are things we can do…. we’ll give you your three points.”

“Opopo must go up to the first division. This is our goal. This is our federation. Victoria United will go up.”

For his part, the former Barcelona attacker has denied all accusations, and said he just telling his “friend” that “I would have done everything possible to avoid any refereeing errors against him.”

It all sounds rather suspect, unfortunately. We loved Eto’o as a sort of cult hero for his cameo as a Chelsea player, and this rather taints the legacy of a once brilliant striker from a golden era of football.

On 31/05/2022 at 13:42, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Father of the year

Scum if true , better if he died and they got the money