Willian

Jase

Thing is you just know he is gonna go 15 matches until his next goal now...this is why it is so frustrating, he CLEARLY CAN DO IT, SO WHY NOT OFTEN?

Ivanovic is one of the reasons he can´t do it.Willian has so much defensive duties to do that sometimes it is hard to focus on your shot.Also,he is a AM or a LM,not a RM

He sure likes his cup games it seems :), he also came on against Shrewsbury to decide the match. I will always have a soft spot for this guy.

Tbh Willian would make a great 4th AM, just don't think he's the right man for that starting spot on the right.

Tbh Willian would make a great 4th AM, just don't think he's the right man for that starting spot on the right.

Idd, he's not on the same lvl as Hazard and Fabregas. But still more than good enough for a supporting role next season if we can get a quality winger coming in.

A goal from range... AT LAST!

To be fair, not many players in the world have particularly good goals to long-shot ratios at all. Even many of the players reputed to be the 'best' at scoring from range tend to play the probabilities using their relatively superior shooting technique; they take tons of shots from range, and a few of these are struck well enough to go in.

In Willian's case it's probably more appropriate simply to say 'a goal.... AT LAST', given that 4 of his 7 goals for us have been from range.

To be fair, not many players in the world have particularly good goals to long-shot ratios at all. Even many of the players reputed to be the 'best' at scoring from range tend to play the probabilities using their relatively superior shooting technique; they take tons of shots from range, and a few of these are struck well enough to go in.

In Willian's case it's probably more appropriate simply to say 'a goal.... AT LAST', given that 4 of his 7 goals for us have been from range.

True but Willian does take a lot of shots from the edge of the box (still from range I guess) and you'd expect him to score from there more often than he does.

‘Willian is the kind of player that without scoring goals he gives so much to the team. He creates, he always has a good dynamic. When the team lose the ball he’s probably the first defender because he reacts in a very effective way, he presses immediately and recovers balls. Willian always gives us a performance.

Jose on Willian, and also a big reason why I like him so much.

Great goal. He has a great finish every blue moon, let's hope he has found it and will keep it for a while.

On the other hand watch him in the second goal. Both sides of Willian in the same match.

Also, José, it's obvious for everyone you keep him in the team because of his defensive skills. Now to say he creates and gives any dynamic to the team, lol, nice untrue words, boss.

‘Willian is the kind of player that without scoring goals he gives so much to the team. He creates, he always has a good dynamic. When the team lose the ball he’s probably the first defender because he reacts in a very effective way, he presses immediately and recovers balls. Willian always gives us a performance.

Jose on Willian, and also a big reason why I like him so much.

He creates?

• 2 weeks later...

Someone showed me this aspect that he needs to improve and I agree.

BarrenCalculatingInvisiblerail.gif

Has to try to dribble the guy with that much space behind, or pass the ball quickly. Make a fast decision instead of delaying and slowing our play drastically, giving the defense time to organize.

Someone showed me this aspect that he needs to improve and I agree.

BarrenCalculatingInvisiblerail.gif

Has to try to dribble the guy with that much space behind, or pass the ball quickly. Make a fast decision instead of delaying and slowing our play drastically, giving the defense time to organize.

Yeah, he made one of the worst choices which also ended in the worst way possible. A more creative player with better vision and decision making would have given a quick through ball to marauding Ivanovic or Oscar, who was in good position when making that diagonal run to continue the play in more effective way. Even when Oscar realized the play was on verge of breaking down he came towards the ball, this would have probably been the third best option, but by then we were already in a standstill. Had he actually succeeded in what he chose to do, that would have somewhat salvaged the situation by retaining possession.

Was frustrating to see.