Bayern Munich 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

This match perfectly show the problems that go with Jose's "go one up then close down" philosophy, you bank that the opposition won't score.

u r right. we should have attacked against bayern munich with 10 men with 20 odd minutes to go... well thought of plan dude...

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about the result to be honest. Today we showed that we can trade blows against the best club in Europe. We arguably had the better chances in the whole game. We went down to 10 men and they really struggled still.

Proud of the lads really. Not our day today though. It'll be a great learning experience for them though.

And those giving Lukaku so much slack should just shut the hell up to be honest. It really isn't that deep. This isn't the CL final.

Kind of embarrassed by the people here pointing fingers at Lukaku.

Be happy at what the boys did the 120 minutes before that, which was leading the current champions of Europe, with a man down.

Nothing but pride here, the team was incredible.

KTBFFH

Showed today what we are capable of. Very proud of the team, even with 10 men we fought amazingly. Shame about the last second goal and Lukaku's penalty. Still a lot of positives to take from this. Schurrle's best game in a Chelsea shirt.

What about the first time we went one up? Very rarely did we want to try and get a second and we paid the price for that with Ribery's goal

Yeah but after that goal we woke up and had a lot more chances to tie up the game which wee unfortunately didn't take.

We deserved to win IMO based on chances. After we went down to 10 men we couldn't continue to press as much as we did so it's understandable why we really set up shop then.

i gotta tell you, this is the way if we should lose. not the way when we lost in UCL last year.

lukaku, attaboy, im pretty sure there was a reason mou put him up in pinalty line up. better for him to failed now than later in UCL. good game

gracias mou :) gracias cech :) gracias hazard :) gracias torres :)

Big performance by every player. It sucks to lose like that but Im not too upset.

One thing though, even though I love him, subbing Lukaku was a huge error by Mourinho and I think he will realize it later on.

The way the game played out, Torres should have actually stayed on. We were defending deep and Lukaku is not the right type of player for that.

However, Im glad Jose trusted Lukaku to take a penalty however it was a very poor shot by Lukaku. Sometimes I forget how young he is. This most certainly wasnt the game for him. But he'll come back strong.

KTBFFH

This match perfectly show the problems that go with Jose's "go one up then close down" philosophy, you bank that the opposition won't score.

yeah we should have attacked with ten men and in the extra time. you are a tactical genius.

I cant believe some of these comments for lukaku. His so young he made a mistake he will make many! It fantastic to see a Chelsea player so gutted ! He loves us if Torres had missed that he wouldn't give a shit. This guy will be good!!!