Bayern Munich 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Proud of the team. Shitty result and i feel bad for Romelu but these things happen. We did well except right at the end.

Still expect to see loads of people see the result and come on here telling every player to fuck off and Mourinho that he is shit etc, but 12 year olds will do that.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku is the last one to blame. You need balls to take a penalty and you need even more of them to take the 5th one. Where were Robben or Götze?? Lukaku will be huge for us in the future.

Some reactions on this forum is so embarrassing and childish, come on guys really?
We played for 40 minutes with 10 men vs the "Perfect team" who won 7-0 against Barca and we just lost it in the 120 minute. I really dont care who won it, So proud of this team for the FUTURE!

Meh, game doesn't really matter but it would be nice to have won. A few points

1) We lost to the best team in the world (albeit missing some key players) in penalties when we were down to 10 men for much of the game. No shame at all.

2) Stop the sofa managing. Your lineup and your changes wouldn't have been better.

3) Hazard, Cole, and Schurrle were the best players for me and Cech made some enormous plays and Cahill had a ridiculous 12 clearances and 7 blocked shots.

4) Oscar was a beast defensively but was awful going forward. Not just taking about the missed shot, that happens, but his vision was terrible, not seeing men in space and making runs a few times and his passing was too cute and really poor. Still early, but I keep looking for improvement in his offensive game which we'll need.

5) Lukaku missed a penalty. He'll be fine. If this has any long term effects on him (which it won't), he would never have had the mental toughness to be a player anyway.

6) Schurrle and Cole were only players above 80% passing.

7) Speaking of Schurrle, his work-rate is going to keep him playing a lot. Still don't see where De Bruyne fits in on this team.

8) Only mistake IMO was playing too many regulars. Player rotation is important IMO and this game would have been perfect to do it.

Chelsea was the better team. Plain and simple.

Only defensively were we better. Bayerns attack was a relentless machine. Saying that we have a relatively young squad, there still time :)

This match perfectly show the problems that go with Jose's "go one up then close down" philosophy, you bank that the opposition won't score.

Yeah because going with the, lets play bayern Munich off the park theory would have worked well. They had 19 attempts like that and we were solid and were as close as you can get to winning a game. I don't see how it was the fault of Jose for conceding in the last 5 seconds.

One miss placed clearance. One out of position defender and that's that.

Only defensively were we better. Bayerns attack was a relentless machine. Saying that we have a relatively young squad, there still time :)

We had the better chances on goal in the first 90 minutes. Deserved to win in 90.

great match. sad that lampard couldnt kick out the ball properly...they wouldnt have scored. beside this you cant lament much. great team-effort. dont care about that title much tbh.

Yeah because going with the, lets play bayern Munich off the park theory would have worked well. They had 19 attempts like that and we were solid and were as close as you can get to winning a game. I don't see how it was the fault of Jose for conceding in the last 5 seconds.

One miss placed clearance. One out of position defender and that's that.

Again I was pointing out when we went 1-0 up and rarely wanted to get a second. It can bite you in the arse

Some reactions on this forum is so embarrassing and childish, come on guys really?

We played for 40 minutes with 10 men vs the "Perfect team" who won 7-0 against Barca and we just lost it in the 120 minute. I really dont care who won it, So proud of this team for the FUTURE!

This. It was the same after we drew away with united... Though going of some of the reactions you would have thought we had been smashed by Accrington Stanley.