Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Lukaku a break, I'd rather he learns his lessons in a Super Cup rather than in EPL / CL games that matter. I'm not trying to downplay the value of this trophy but it is nothing compared to the two. Head high, chin up and I'm sure he will make the right corrections. Regardless of that, we should have finished the game sooner, we had golden chances and we didn't take them. Can't say our defense was more organized or focused even when Terry came on. It radiated panic, panic causes chaos and that is exactly why Martinez was rogue in the near post and even had the chance to pass the ball into the net.

MOTM for me is Cech, saved us from the worst for a long period of time.

A quick edit: We survived their onslaught for 40mins, we even scored - not bad in my books. Well played, it was an interesting game and only thing now is to be more clinical. Proud of our club.

Btw, everyone is so busy looking for a rope to hang Lukaku but apart from the goal - where was Torres? One penalty might have fixated the end result but it wasn't the reason why we were doomed to lose this one.

Great game by Chelsea. THey are have more experience, they have better players, and play play together for many years.

We are still trying to improve. And we did it brilliantly.

We are going to fight for the Premier League and maybe for the Champions League.

Give Lukaku a break, that's the exact reason why he couldn't be Chelsea's number one striker. The fans would tear him apart even if they know 20-year old will make mistakes. He learnt much today.

Chelsea fought for 40mins with 10 players, proud of them - especially Lampard, Cech and Hazard. Cech MOTM for me, couldn't ask for much more, at the same time Eto'o and Willian couldn't come sooner.

Very painful, very, very horribly painful but what a game to have at this stage of the season. If we're not ready for this long hard season now, we never will be. They got us back, pretty much how we got them so well done to them. It's just a shame Lamps, Cech, Cole have never won this trophy. It's just a shame.

I can't wait for this season now. We're ready.