Bayern Munich 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Really proud of the performance! Only gutting that we came so close. Otherwise we competed well with arguably the best team in the world right now. Hazard was excellent, so was Cole and Oscar was brilliant. Another praise for Cahill as well. Got some really harsh criticism from some members from him IMO but he has been solid in every game so far. Especially tonight he was a rock. Glad ITV picked up on his performance. He deserves his place in the team right now and anyone having a go at Lukaku, grow the fuck up will you please, fucking idiots. I am not going to state he should not have taken the penalty because he was all 20 years old etc as he has taken pens at WBA before and scored. It was not a good penalty but time will move on, he will become stronger and improve. Ridiculous if people are trying to give him stick and calling him names.

Just went over to the Bayernzone forum and their members are a bunch of undignified cunts. Even with 10 men, we held on and performed excellently. Yeah all their fans can go on about how they got their revenge but I will always have the satisfaction of knowing we won the CL final on their own ground ;)

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many things happened at the same time. Boyfriend surprised me arriving here (he lives 500km away) the moment Bayern scored. I had to take a shower because I looked like a mess, my hair was horrible and curly hair can't be brushed and I've been sweating like a pig during that extra time, so I've watched the penalties knockout literally from under the shower while Diego waited in the living room :lol:

That must have been the worst penalty kick I've ever seen in my life. I agree with whoever said in the other thread it wasn't a penalty, it was a pass. If Torres had did it, believe me, not the best server in the world would have been able to hold all the hate he would get. It's not about the miss, but how pathetic that was... I'll let it pass though, the boy is 20 and that just proves that he needs some time to learn how to handle pressure. It's clear he would still crumble under pressure and pressure would be what he would find if he was starting games for us as the guy who's going to save our less than impressive attack. So as I had said thousands times, I fully support Mourinho benching him. (although so much for the argument that he's ready and people answering others who said he isn't by stating that he's ready just fine. He isn't, as if that wasn't obvious)

That's the only thing worth mentioning - in addition to Luiz perfect penalty kick - in that knockout.

I have plenty to say though about the match, but right now I'm going to be comforted about the loss - I've got champagne, strawberry and flowers... someone is really trying to be the best boyfriend in the whole world, but I'll come back latter to post what I've thought about the match.

Two things I can't resist before leaving to be pampered: people criticizing Mourinho are really clueless and they justifiy their bias, double-standard and stupidity with the Manchester United game, the supposedly bad lineup (that is actually more about their faves not being picked), the even more pathetic and sore loser excuse that the rest of the world sees Mou as a god (that's the answer I'd get from a five year old) and some other bullshit I don't remember now that they used to justify their overreaction. It doesn't seem rocket science or a post doctorate thesis that it requires time for a manager and new tactics to settle, in addition to new players being added to the squad.

Second I'm proud of that team, those players, that manager. My vote went to Cech because he was flawless in the extra time... but if that wasn't the case I would have a hard time choosing one guy (the poll is still laughable though with some of the votes, hehehe).

Dion I can't stand the cat! tá bloqueado, rs, acho que agora vc vai saber do que falo.

great game.

Ref was a fucking joke. Couldn't count how many times those fuckers like Ribery or Mandzukic fouled us or bad mouthed ref and they only got 2 fucking cards when we receiver 9. FUCKING NINE. one of them being Lukaku when he came on and commited his first offense. WHAT THE FUCK,. and those extra minutes in each half? what is that.

superb performance by Eden, ran that right flank like crazy and defended like warrior.

EXCELLENT by Cech. Thibaut should wait because it seems that the Big Man is not going anywhere.

great Oscar, he should be moved to the pivot, defended like crazy and ran the show.

Luiz came back with great style.

Schurrle, you looked like a not necessary signing, but boy, aren't you the wonder.

Really proud of the performance! Only gutting that we came so close. Otherwise we competed well with arguably the best team in the world right now. Hazard was excellent, so was Cole and Oscar was brilliant. Another praise for Cahill as well. Got some really harsh criticism from some members from him IMO but he has been solid in every game so far. Especially tonight he was a rock. Glad ITV picked up on his performance. He deserves his place in the team right now and anyone having a go at Lukaku, grow the fuck up will you please, fucking idiots. I am not going to state he should not have taken the penalty because he was all 20 years old etc as he has taken pens at WBA before and scored. It was not a good penalty but time will move on, he will become stronger and improve. Ridiculous if people are trying to give him stick and calling him names.

Just went over to the Bayernzone forum and their members are a bunch of undignified cunts. Even with 10 men, we held on and performed excellently. Yeah all their fans can go on about how they got their revenge but I will always have the satisfaction of knowing we won the CL final on their own ground ;)

ask them who won the won the fucking WARS or the CL in THEIR city

what about us getting the first one, how did we do that. and you are seriously blaming jose's tactics for the first goal. if anything rambo and lamps is to be blamed. this tactic of putting bodies behind the ball is done so as to not give people room and space to take shots off 20 yards, specially when that person is ribery "europe's play of the year"...

So why did we not try and get a second one if we have the players who can pull it off? Instead of closing down and hoping we would not concede, which we did.

Things we have learned from this match

Oscar is ready for the pivot

Hazard is our best player

Lukaku will train harder and will give 100% the following matches

Ramires is a beast

Cech is still a top 3 goal keeper

Luiz always has to be in our XI

The way we lost that last goal, last minute, Benitez style.

Still immensely proud, young team vs the best team in Europe. 2-2, 5-4 on pens to them with 10 men. Pretty much restricted them from a lot of clear cut chances and when they got chances Cech was in their way, what a fucking hero, their equalizer was a fucking fluke. Its a morale victory for Chelsea in my eyes. Nobody fancied us, we led twice, we looked very good on the counter. We hit the bar, we lost a man, we regrouped and made it difficult for them. Same as Barca at the Nou Camp. If anything this shows that Guardiola's teams aren't perfect, without a Messi like player its fair to say Bayern will need to get lucky more often in these sort of games.

Gutted for Lukaku, I fucking love his passion and enthusiasm about playing for Chelsea, he will be feeling dreadful right now but its all about learning, hes a young man, he will get a chance at fixing this.

I was nearly in tears after the game tbh, not because we lost, because the feelings these players will have, they gave everything, everyone who started, everyone who came on, absolute heros. Martinez scoring that goal, in the last minute, is such a kick in the nuts to 14 players and a coach who gave everything. Its a kick in the nuts to me as well. The fact it is Pep Guardiola lifting that trophy too, makes me even more fucking frustrated and upset.

Anyone else surprised Lukaku was the 5th pen taker?

At any rate, was REALLY proud of the performance we put in against the best team in Europe! We looked every bit their equal and that bodes well for us moving forward. We were seconds away from hoisting it and we were down to 10 men, there isn't much to hang your head about.

Feel bad for Lukaku, I hope this doesn't send him into a tailspin. Jose should've never let him take the 5th pen, you always have someone with more experience take 5th especially when its potentially the last kick.