André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Shurrle should be taking Hazard's place in that match v. Norwich. It will inspire confidence and belief in Schurrle and let Eden know that his place in the team sheet isn't safe unless he performs. That ought to bring the a game from both players.

It'll make no sense to drop Shurrle.

I'm not even 10% surprised by the way he played last night because I know the type of player he is. I know him since his days in Mainz and this guy is full of talent and I'm sure he will grow here at Chelsea under Mourinho. For those of you watching Bundesliga closely, you would know until know that Bayer Leverkusen finished 3rd in Germany last season and is playing Champions League now because of two players - Schurrle and Kiessling. Andre was instrumental for Leverkusen in his spell there and I'm happy Jose gave him the chance to play in his natural position, the left wing. Great game last night, he was faultless, remembered me of that Andre Schurrle playing for Leverkusen. I'm impressed with his immense work-rate and I'm more impressed with the way he understands this football game, he is fast, direct and he is always looking to challenge defenders on 1-on-1 situations instead of slowing the tempo like Hazard does from time to time.

Just amazing what a performance can do to turn people's heads. I always believed in him and knew what he was capable of. He has got around double figures or near for the past 3 seasons and is only 22. Loads of years to improve and while people question his finishing it is clear that he can score as his record has shown. Give him time and that will come also. Just funny seeing the amount of comments before the game yesterday who believed that he was not capable of playing and should make way for KDB etc.

Amazingly some people judged him on pre-season and used this as reason to show why he might flop here or used it as proof to show why KDB is a better player. Schurrle is suited to the PL because he is fast, direct and always looks to beat his man and is very fast on the ball. I am sure this is just the start. We will see him score a few this season, I am sure about that. Got 16 goals for club and country last season which is very decent.

He has got years and years to keep improving and that is the great thing. Don't think Martin/Whittaker knows what is in store for them on Sunday ;)

Thank goodness people are finally starting to come around to Schurrle's quality. He'll be an immense player for us, gives us something so different.

Hazard, Mata, Willian, Schurrle, Oscar, KDB. When all on form and when all have gotten more used to playing with each other it's going to be a deadly thing to watch.

I'm not even 10% surprised by the way he played last night because I know the type of player he is. I know him since his days in Mainz and this guy is full of talent and I'm sure he will grow here at Chelsea under Mourinho. For those of you watching Bundesliga closely, you would know until know that Bayer Leverkusen finished 3rd in Germany last season and is playing Champions League now because of two players - Schurrle and Kiessling. Andre was instrumental for Leverkusen in his spell there and I'm happy Jose gave him the chance to play in his natural position, the left wing. Great game last night, he was faultless, remembered me of that Andre Schurrle playing for Leverkusen. I'm impressed with his immense work-rate and I'm more impressed with the way he understands this football game, he is fast, direct and he is always looking to challenge defenders on 1-on-1 situations instead of slowing the tempo like Hazard does from time to time.

That's the key sentence. It felt like hazard was slowing down the tempo instead of speeding it up by attempting to dribble the fullback

So, now Schurrle is better than Hazard because he had a good game against a romanian team ... Perhaps my view is a bit influenced by the fact i'm belgian, but isn't it to soon and excessive to affirm that? I thought the german was awful against Tottenham.

So, now Schurrle is better than Hazard because he had a good game against a romanian team ... Perhaps my view is a bit influenced by the fact i'm belgian, but isn't it to soon and excessive to affirm that? I thought the german was awful against Tottenham.

No one said schurrle is better than hazard.

We all know hazard is pure class, but he hasn't produced so far this season and there are rumors of him carrying an injury.

So it will be wise for him to rest and completely heal of the injury instead of rushing back when schurrle can fill up for him in the meantime.