André Schürrle

BlueLion.

I never argued that he doesn't need to have better consistency in his finishing but when it comes to pure finishing skill the guy is very good.

if anything the vid above attests exactly that. To score most of the goals I've just watched, the guy must be very technical and have great skills.

As for the inconsistency, the boy is 22... there's plenty of time for that to come.

I'm so excited and over the moon this guy is ours and he seems to love the club so I can see him renewing his contract and staying here for a decade or something.

3 well taken goals..He would give our strikers a run for their money if he gets to play up field as the lone striker.

His finishing was great last night looking at those goals, and it's a dilemma because our strikers are so average he could do it.

Yet against Bucharest he was magical, but yes I see what you are saying.

For people who watched him regularly at Levekusen? how did he do when he got games up front?

If our forwards carry on not scoring, then could it be worth a try? will he play like a forward or a midfielder playing the false 9? if it's the latter then i don't want him to ever play up front.

I know he played up strike at OT, but that's hardly a fair game to make any real judgement on.

Nah, I don't think it's worth it.

He'd be too isolated up front and his back to goal play isn't really that good. He's the sort of player that thrives when running from deep (with or without the ball) as he has excellent awareness to get into spaces which is what makes him so threatening if you combine his pace and work rate with that - put him up front and you lose exactly that.

Nah, I don't think it's worth it.

He'd be too isolated up front and his back to goal play isn't really that good. He's the sort of player that thrives when running from deep (with or without the ball) as he has excellent awareness to get into spaces which is what makes him so threatening if you combine his pace and work rate with that - put him up front and you lose exactly that.

also he takes on his opponents with incredible easiness. He passes them by easily, sometimes dribbling, sometimes simply cutting inside. And the funny thing is that they know he'll cut inside or run by them, and still most time he's successful. So I believe the best way to go is explore this... a striker isn't a mobile enough position for someone with his skills unless we start playing a very counter-attack minded style - which I think we won't.

Schurrle on his hat-trick..

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3498157/title/schurrle-present-for-my-mum

'This is my first hat-trick so I've got to see,' he said. 'Maybe I'll give it to my mum.'

Germany finished as top scorers across the whole of European qualifying, scoring 36 times in total. Schurrle is part of an attacking squad that features the likes of Ozil, Gotze, Thomas Muller, Marco Reus, and Toni Kroos, and our winger thinks that attacking strength proved too impressive for Sweden to deal with.

'We've seen once again how strong we are going forwards. Everybody struggles against us.

'In the second half, we upped the tempo and they had problems and we fully deserved to beat them.'

Germany coach Joachim Low had words of praise for his hat-trick hero, and believes that his summer move to Stamford Bridge has helped him progress ahead of the World Cup next summer.

'I told him recently that last year I wasn't very happy with his development, but now, in some games with us and in England, he has shown again what he can do.

'He is dynamic, works back well and has a strong finish. His physical strength was also an issue, but he has worked hard on that.

'If he continues to play like that, the World Cup will certainly not pass him by.'

Can start scoring for us now hopefully.

Yeah the amount of chances he has missed in Chelsea blue he owes us afew hat tricks , hope he and afew others are 100% match fit now and settling in . All for one and one for all.

Yeah the amount of chances he has missed in Chelsea blue he owes us afew hat tricks , hope he and afew others are 100% match fit now and settling in . All for one and one for all.

But his contribution against Bucharest was enough for me. Scoring three isn't easy to come by, he just needs to try and keep producing his level from that game and we have a gem.