Spike

It's his release clause number, not that means he is worth that much of course. Basically the minimum price anyone could get him without have to bother about his club. You could always think he is only worth 25m for example, but Atletico will have every rights to reject it. Pay it or leave it price, nothing wrong with it imo.

I just think it's too much mate. especially with superagents getting involved that aim to hike up the price further...

It's like Griezmann = Costa + Filipe Luis

Sorry, just cant wrap my head around it..

why? its not like we already closed the deal and we know we paid that amount. Atletico have good reasons to put a quite high buy out clause, as a club Cheslea dont have to pay that if they think its too high. If Chelsea dont want to pay it, and the player wants the move, its up to everybody involved to negotiate with ATM for a lower price. ATM just makes sure they'll get some serious money for their players if they dont want to lose them. Maybe they placed this high buy out clause on Griezmann because of how we took Costa and Luis.

I just think it's too much mate. especially with superagents getting involved that aim to hike up the price further...

It's like Griezmann = Costa + Filipe Luis

Ah, yes. It's depend on what you think though. I think it's still reasonable number for a player who has score 22 in 34 games in La Liga, despite most not playing as a lead striker. Also he is still 24. We could easily get our money back or even higher, considering what we did with Mata, Luiz, Schurrle, etc.

Actually we have a bit part of making price inflated several years ago. But recently, thanks to Man City, the price even more crazier nowadays.

why? its not like we already closed the deal and we know we paid that amount. Atletico have good reasons to put a quite high buy out clause, as a club Cheslea dont have to pay that if they think its too high. If Chelsea dont want to pay it, and the player wants the move, its up to everybody involved to negotiate with ATM for a lower price. ATM just makes sure they'll get some serious money for their players if they dont want to lose them. Maybe they placed this high buy out clause on Griezmann because of how we took Costa and Luis.

I just think 43.5 mln is too high.

If we get him for significantly less, then I CAN WRAP MY HEAD around it.

You also got to consider the lengt of the contract he has left.

If it was only something like 2 years, the player can put pressure on the club by not signing an extension which mean they would get a lot less if they sell a year later when he only has one year remaining, but Griezmann still has 4 years left. They could refuse to sell for 2 more years without his value dropping.

That being said, i believe we can get a better deal than the reported buy-out clause but i wouldn't be surprised if it is more than 32 M

You also got to consider the lengt of the contract he has left.

If it was only something like 2 years, the player can put pressure on the club by not signing an extension which mean they would get a lot less if they sell a year later when he only has one year remaining, but Griezmann still has 4 years left. They could refuse to sell for 2 more years without his value dropping.

That being said, i believe we can get a better deal than the reported buy-out clause but i wouldn't be surprised if it is more than 32 M

5 actually. He signed a six-year deal when he joined Atletico - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2709575/Antoine-Griezmann-signs-six-year-deal-Atletico-Madrid-completes-24million-Spanish-champions.html

I wonder if the Reus to atletico could come to fruition when Griezman leaves...

I think they're after a CF more. Cavani is the name being mentioned.

Thought atletico was going for the kid from villarel?

I presume you're talking about Vietto. I wasn't aware of their interest in him. Atletico are know for buying big money strikers.

I presume you're talking about Vietto. I wasn't aware of their interest in him. Atletico are know for buying big money strikers.

Vietto and Simeone worked before, so the move is very possible. And if it does happen, you can bet Vietto will be 40m+ rated in few years haha.

Vietto and Simeone worked before, so the move is very possible. And if it does happen, you can bet Vietto will be 40m+ rated in few years haha.

Him and Dybala are the future for Argentina.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You