Spike

What the actual fuck.

Willian's best games have been as a number 10 and 11 ( Shakhtar and this end of season ), RW is his worst position and i thought it was pretty established since it's amazingly obvious.

It's amazing how media can affect people's judgements, gen an opinion yourselves ffs.

People keep forgetting Willian is a 10, a world class 10. If we sign a world class winger, you create a world class 10 in Willian.

I would prefer Cesc in that position all day long. I haven't seen this "WC 10", when he's played in that position.

People keep forgetting Willian is a 10, a world class 10. If we sign a world class winger, you create a world class 10 in Willian.

A world class defensive minded 10, maybe.

But in attack he only improves slightly and that's so far away from world class, it's not even funny.

I read that his clause is only due for Spanish teams. For European clubs that clause is of no relevant.

Griezmann is fantastic player, his movement, acceleration, finishing as well as technique is fantastic also he showed numerous times how good his timing is whenever to get behind the line or jump for the ball in the right moment (that's why he scored quite a few goals with his head despite 1,76m height)

However he's not creative player. He is goalscorer through and through and his top-notch technique is very misleading in that regard. He only has 24 assists in 253 games in his professional career. Especially I remember last France friendlies when they struggled massively with lack of creativity upfront. Griezmann isn't creative as he isn't dribbler. He has as few as 0,8 dribbles per game !

Now I really don't think he could play as a right-winger. Ok, we can say that he will play as a second striker. But firstly, that would need quite a shift in formation to accommodate both strikers like Diego and Griezmann on the pitch. And the second thing is that I think we actually lack creators. There would still only be Hazard and Fabregas to create. Willian has plenty positive things about him apart from doing football things <30 metres from the goal. We know how easily Fabregas is taken out of any big game on top of his massive downhill in second part of the season. All responsible on Eden then ? I really wouldn't like that to be the case.

Of course Griezmann would score goals and that's great but Griezmann alone is absolutely not enough, we certainly would need someone super-creative on top of that to get closer to elite level. I think there's good chance that we will sign Koke as well. Then we can talk about getting to the next level.

I think we're close on signing Griezmann. I read that Atletico have already everything prepared for signing Vietto and they see him as a replacement for Griezmann. Which would mean that they are serious about possibility of losing him. Now Mendes apparently is involved as well. And it's coincide with the fact that our target Dybala is going to Juve, so it seems that we fasted things a bit now.

we can fix this by going for one of these options:-

1-shiffting hazard to the No.10 role (as he prefers) and but another creative right winger

Griezmann--Hazard--(Creative RW)

---------Cesc---Matic-------------------

2-Making Cesc to be our main No.10 man and going for signing a more suitable partner to matic in the middile of the park (one who can defend in Big matches unlike cesc)

Hazard---Cesc----Griezmann

---------Matic---New CM-------

putting into account that the likes of pogba, Bale, Koke, Reus and even Di maria are unrealistic targets for us (too good to be true)

do we have decent targets for this case ?!

pretty good player, but I'm not enthused on a transfer. feels like Chelsea need something greater to make the club a real Champions League contender. Unfortunately, the market doesn't have many interesting forwards/wingers right now, so maybe a left-footed guy who scores and runs all day is a good one. I suppose Jose likes players coming from AM because they've already been broken-in by the AM manager (everyone does the dirty work here).

Exactly this. There's no better available player except reus/bale who are too expensive or never played the right wing enough. I honestly don't fully like this deal because he can't dribble much but I wouldn't reject another player who makes runs like costa. Barcelonas attack of Suarez and Neymar proves only one player making runs isn't good for the attack.

I've been watching him for the past two seasons (this season especially since they show all of A.Madird games on tv), and i think he's a good player. His movement is great and so is his finishing but he plays as a forward. On the ball he isn't the best, he loses it frequently. When i made the comparison with Salah a few people laughed it off, but what type of profile is Salah? he relies on his movement and finishing. Griezmann is obviously the better player thats not up for debate, but the profile of the two players are similar. IMO he's not a £44m player, it's as simple as that.

He'd hopefully be taking your lover Oscar's position in the first XI rather than Willian who has been one of our best players in recent months.

Willian? You mean Oscar?

Watch and weep.

Willian has no room of improvement at 26. 8 goals in 2 seasons, equally as atrocious records in nothing Leagues like Russia & Ukraine he's a squad player next season. It isn't a coincidence we've signed Salah, Cuadrado and are now chasing Griezmann since Jose's been here. He knows he isn't good enough & desperately wants a replacement.

Oscar on the other hand is highly rated by not only his fellow teammates but managers as well. The likes of Cesc, Neymar, Deco, Pele, Marcelo, Hazard to Jose, Dunga, Scolari, AVB, Wenger all speak very highly of him.

Griezmann has been a winger for the majority of his career. Jose isn't signing him as a striker because of one year at Atleti.

A world class defensive minded 10, maybe.

But in attack he only improves slightly and that's so far away from world class, it's not even funny.

Wonder what world these lads live in. World Class #10 that has never shown he can score or create on a consistent basis. I can't wait for Oscar to make them inevitably backtrack next season.

Imagine thinking Jose is signing Griezmann to play with 2 strikers upfront. The same Jose that's never in his entire career played in that fashion. He'll obviously be played outwide just like Pandev, Eto'o & Cristiano Ronaldo were.

27 this year and he's played in virtually everygame this season and John Terry has outscored him while Ivanovic has bagged more assists. World Class #10 that.

8 goals in 2 full seasons. EIGHT!!!!

I think he is a good player for our system thought, but the sheer thought on some of this board is overwhelming :ph34r: No wonder we never manage to get to the next level if some believe Willian is a world class #10 and shouldn't be replaced in the starting eleven.

27 this year and he's played in virtually everygame this season and John Terry has outscored him while Ivanovic has bagged more assists. World Class #10 that.8 goals in 2 full seasons. EIGHT!!!!

You act as thigh Oscar has been much better. Of course Willian isn't world class but Oscar has been average for a season and a half now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You