Spike

Willian's contribution to our season has been huge since the turn of the year, whatever the stats say.

- Watford (3rd Jan): came on as a half time sub, scored the opening goal in a 3-0 win

- Newcastle: Quick corner between him and Ivanovic set up Oscar for a tap-in that broke the deadlock when we were struggling badly

- Swansea: He (like the team as a whole) was excellent, and he a hand in the build-up to 2-3 of our goals

- Liverpool (League Cup semi-final second-leg): Brilliant performance, including the game-winning assist for Ivanovic

- Aston Villa: He was very good and supplied the assist for Hazard's opening goal

- Everton: Was possibly our best player and scored the winning goal

- Tottenham (League Cup final): Solid performance that was enhanced by his heavy involvement in the build-up to both goals

- Hull: Awful performance redeemed by his game-winning assist for Remy

- Stoke: Good performance plus vital contribution to the game-winning goal (interception of Begovic's throw)

- Arsenal: One of our best players (along with Terry and Azpi); set up a clear-cut chance for Ramires that could have won us the game

- Leicester: Man of the match outright; set up a clear-cut chance for Fabregas that was wasted

- Crystal Palace: Man of the match candidate plus combination with Hazard that led to the penalty from which we (eventually) scored

- Liverpool: Generally a very good performance, and was again one of our best players

If you think that this list is too long and involved to bother reading in detail, you'd probably be correct. That's the point, though. Since the New Year, Willian's contributions to our League/League Cup-winning season cannot simply be brushed aside with the argument that his raw goals/assists stats are crap; he's given us far more than they are able to reflect.

Anyway, to put this post back on topic; I wouldn't mind us getting Griezmann. He can play as either a winger or a forward, his pace and technique are both very good, he has shown that he can score goals with regularity, and he has good work-rate. He could be deployed as the out-and-out CF (if Costa is injured/badly out-of-form), the RM (with Oscar/Willian playing as CAM), or he could be used as a deep-lying second striker (with Hazard LM/Willian RM); in short, he could provide us with a lot of options (and hopefully some solutions).

amazing post!

Willian's contribution to our season has been huge since the turn of the year, whatever the stats say.

- Watford (4th Jan): came on as a half time sub, scored the opening goal in a 3-0 win

- Newcastle: Quick corner between him and Ivanovic set up Oscar for a tap-in that broke the deadlock when we were struggling badly

- Swansea: He (like the team as a whole) was excellent, and he a hand in the build-up to 2-3 of our goals

- Liverpool (League Cup semi-final second-leg): Brilliant performance, including the game-winning assist for Ivanovic

- Aston Villa: He was very good and supplied the assist for Hazard's opening goal

- Everton: Was possibly our best player and scored the winning goal

- Tottenham (League Cup final): Solid performance that was enhanced by his heavy involvement in the build-up to both goals

- Hull: Awful performance redeemed by his game-winning assist for Remy

- Stoke: Good performance plus vital contribution to the game-winning goal (interception of Begovic's throw)

- Arsenal: One of our best players (along with Terry and Azpi); set up a clear-cut chance for Ramires that could have won us the game

- Leicester: Man of the match outright; set up a clear-cut chance for Fabregas that was wasted

- Crystal Palace: Man of the match candidate plus combination with Hazard that led to the penalty from which we (eventually) scored

- Liverpool: Generally a very good performance, and was again one of our best players

If you think that this list is too long and involved to bother reading in detail, you'd probably be correct. That's the point, though. Since the New Year, Willian's contributions to our League/League Cup-winning season cannot simply be brushed aside with the argument that his raw goals/assists stats are crap; he's given us far more than they are able to reflect.

Anyway, to put this post back on topic; I wouldn't mind us getting Griezmann. He can play as either a winger or a forward, his pace and technique are both very good, he has shown that he can score goals with regularity, and he has good work-rate. He could be deployed as the out-and-out CF (if Costa is injured/badly out-of-form), the RM (with Oscar/Willian playing as CAM), or he could be used as a deep-lying second striker (with Hazard LM/Willian RM); in short, he could provide us with a lot of options (and hopefully some solutions).

i am saving this.

a lot of the posters are going to make an argument that willian had a poor season cos of his assists/goals which cant be farther away from the truth.

i am saving this.

a lot of the posters are going to make an argument that willian had a poor season cos of his assists/goals which cant be farther away from the truth.

Willian was quite poor IMO, but since turn of the year after we bought Cuadrado, Willian did a realy good job.

At least one thing Cuadrado was worth the money :halo:

Just "realized" he actualy scored 22 goals already in laliga and as far I know he had very difficult start there.

Its even more amazing because for example Falcao scored 24 goals in debut season. And Griezmann aint even a pure striker to begin with. I find it quite mind blowing as Falcao was regarded as one of best strikers back then. Griezmann does indeed play as striker or SS but obviously it isnt natural position.

Just "realized" he actualy scored 22 goals already in laliga and as far I know he had very difficult start there.

Its even more amazing because for example Falcao scored 24 goals in debut season. And Griezmann aint even a pure striker to begin with. I find it quite mind blowing as Falcao was regarded as one of best strikers back then. Griezmann does indeed play as striker or SS but obviously it isnt natural position.

At the same time though, hasn't he played most of the season there? Plus Atletico are a great team with great players feeding him the ball, more so than they were in Falcao's time, so 22 goals is a good effort, but as a decent striker, should be expected.

And I also think this is being looked at that way from our point of view. A winger who can actually step in and play up front in Costa's position when he isn't available. I think this is more of a striker fix for us than in totality another wing option. Although I do think he will be taking Oscar's role in general.

At the same time though, hasn't he played most of the season there? Plus Atletico are a great team with great players feeding him the ball, more so than they were in Falcao's time, so 22 goals is a good effort, but as a decent striker, should be expected.

I wouldnt take atletico supporting the striker for granted. Mandzukic is struggling there a bit, so it isnt just that Griezmann has great support but is also top finisher who is taking his chances.

Atletico is now alot more balanced team than they were with Falcao where all the play was to feed him because he was half the team.

Apparently Griezmann is second most efficient finisher just behind Chicarito in laliga.

Also, Griezmann was scoring for fun back with sociedad. Cant remember how many, but he was definately among top finishers last season.

While I have my reservations over him as he will have to physicaly adopt to PL, his finishing is certainly impressive.

Same as the Torres fans. Putting a certain player above the club, at which Willian has managed to make himself big when most needed. Read my post in the Oscar thread.

Stop spamming about Willian and Oscar, this is Griezmann's thread, really trust Kike Marin, hope it goes through.

It's kind of sad and pathetic.

That could be a huge dent in our transfer plans if true. Supposedly our top two targets. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Koke signs a new contract since he loves the club.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You