Fernando Torres

Torres: 'Mourinho champion built a Chelsea, it is normal for wanting him'

• ondacero.es |
  • Madrid |
  • | Updated 05/04/2013 01:59 hours

The front of Chelsea, Fernando Torres, has analyzed in Prime touch the situation of the English team after the victory by three goals to one to Rubin Kazan. The Spaniard was the author of two of the goals of his team approaching the semi-finals of the Europa League.

31.jpg

ON THE MATCH OF CHELSEA

"I am very happy with the goals and so mean, we have taken a very big step for the semifinals. We had marked this as crucial match of face to the return match and it went all right"

ABOUT MOURINHO

"Mourinho here is very dear, the champion built Chelsea and is normal to remember it as it was very important to this club." Each party also there a souvenir for Drogba, much love for Lampard ending contract equal to Terry. When Abramovich arrived he built a team and they are the visible heads, who have built a Chelsea champion. "Mourinho is one of his idols"

UPON RETURNING TO THE SELECTION

"I hope to return to the selection." The first step is to do well in my club and that will give more options to return. I have the illusion of doing well again. We have much to gain, many joys that give and many Championships by playing with this generation. Course selection is one of my goals"

UPON RETURNING TO ATLETICO DE MADRID

"I've never hidden that I am very grateful to Atletico Madrid because it gave me many things, but the reality is that I am on another computer and I have three more years of contract. I have many things to give Chelsea and give back it and many things that show me myself before returning home. Right now the Atleti is not a reality"

ABOUT RAFA BENITEZ

"In football for better or for worse outcomes are the thermometer. We have two titles ahead and if the results are good everything will be in a different way to how it looks today, or as it was two months ago. When Di Matteo arrived at the club also did as interim coach and won the Champions League and followed one year more. These are names on paper and does not mean much"

ABOUT CHELSEA

"The team has changed a lot, gone are players who have marked an era here. Players have come to build the future and style of the team has changed a lot. This Chelsea plays better, but perhaps missing the experience that was the template of last year, even we could be champions of Europe. It must adapt to the changes. It has been a very uneven season for the team and for the players and maybe now we see the best of the team. The major players have taken a step forward in the team"

ON CRITICISM

"At beginning of season we optábamos to seven titles and now only chose two. To some extent I understand the criticism but is doing better what is said and it seems. There are very positive things and who have done very well. The arrival of Demba Ba has been a very good thing for everyone, contributes much to the team. A partner is always a competition for a position but is a partner, it is not a rival. "I wish I can match the two in the field but at the moment the Mister does not want to change the system and have to accept it"

PS translation is somewhat bad

Torres is single-handedly taking us to Europa League glory. That finish vs Steaua - what composure! and the 2 goals last night. Best striker in the Europa League. 50 million well spent

:D

Can't complain about him after the performance yesterday. The two goals weren't even the most pleasing thing - his hold-up and link-up play was as good as Drogba's ever was. Yes, it wasn't exactly Bayern Munich we were playing, but Rubin are clearly a decent side (you have to be to knock out Atletico Madrid, don't you?) and that performance was as close to £50 million as we're going to see from this lad, I feel.

Can't complain about him after the performance yesterday. The two goals weren't even the most pleasing thing - his hold-up and link-up play was as good as Drogba's ever was. Yes, it wasn't exactly Bayern Munich we were playing, but Rubin are clearly a decent side (you have to be to knock out Atletico Madrid, don't you?) and that performance was as close to £50 million as we're going to see from this lad, I feel.

Yeh, Rubin Kazan are a decent side...but they are not a top-class side. Torres' performance yesterday just proves that Europa league opposition is his level now.

He's useless in the premier league but good enough to thrive against decent teams in the Europa League.

Still needs to leave at the end of the season.

Torres is single-handedly taking us to Europa League glory. That finish vs Steaua - what composure! and the 2 goals last night. Best striker in the Europa League. 50 million well spent

:D

Well we all know that Falcao was king of EL scorers, and people were putting him soooo high for scoring all those goals. We can see that Torres can score there too so he is equaly good to Falcao :D

I dont understand why people want him to stay next season, its ok to support him, even if he is shit, but two goals wont change much, he isnt Chelsea level, simple, when he'll leave he will also leave with his big wage, so some one else will take his place.

All these people saying Torres has in actual fact had a good season because he's scored 19 goals are starting to annoy me, mostly on Twitter, and how he's scored more goals than a list of strikers who've played 15-20 less games than him or are 3rd/4th choice for their clubs. 4 in his last 22, 7 in 29 PL appearances, 19 goals in 52/53 appearances, not the stats of a striker who's had a good season. Sorry, not saying anything you guys don't already know, but it gets on my teats.