Fernando Torres

Alright, here's the thing. I didn't want to get on his back so soon, but he has been here for some time and I'm getting the deja vu feeling all over again...

Forget your opponents, forget the way you play, forget the players you have and forget their effort. If you outscore your opponents you will win (minus 2 leg games) - simple as that.

Torres is a striker who is earning more then 150k per week and was paid 50 million pounds. He is supposed to make other 10 players perform much better when he plays (not by motivation,but by his quality) rather then require world class playmakers who send perfectly timed through balls and offer him goals on a fucking plate. He is supposed to make defenders shit themselves and he is supposed to be that small thing that edges us ahead of equal opponents.

We play well, they play well, and BAM Torres scores.

It's how you win some games really no matter your tactics and certain players, by simply putting the ball in the back of the net more then your opponents.

Look at Arsenal last season. Awful squad, but RVP carried to a 3rd place.

Look at the recent Real Madrid vs Man City game. Real bossed them for almost a whole game, yet they barely managed to win and were losing for 2 times.

It's goals, goals and goals...

Fernando is 28 and one of his biggest attributes is was pace. He used to have a rocket up his arse and now it looks like he has a fridge....

And what if he gets injured? We won't be able to sell him for anything reasonable and we will pray that manages to get back at his current level which isn't to our satisfaction.

Just look at the video below. That is Fernando Torres we wanted here. That is Fernando Torres we brought in one of the biggest transfers in the history of football.

Has he EVER looked like that for his time here? The best he looked in our shirt, he reminded me of a mediocre on form striker, nothing above that...has it ever happened that he inspired our victory over someone big? Yes, a goal at Camp Nou, but really 1 on 1 with Valdes?

Lads, look at the video below and look at that player shown on it. Look at what he does and how he does it. Now look at some pages back and you will find people praising his time here for the corner he won and the goal he scored against a mediocre GK with no one around him. Those 2 are regarded as his...biggest achievements at Chelsea football club for being here for almost 2 years.

Once one of the best strikers in the world now praised for a corner and a 1on1 with a keeper.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the lad. He is a great person and a likeable player, but I am not a Fernando Torres fan, I am a Chelsea football club fan and I want what is the best for the club. When I see a part that is broken or isn't up to the task, I want it replaced with a new one that will work better, simple as that.

Best paid players in the World:

1. Samuel Eto'o (Anzhi)

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)

3. Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

4. Yaya Toure (Man City)

5. Sergio Aguero (Man City)

6. Didier Drogba (Shanghai)

7. Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

8. Dario Conca (Guangzhou)

9. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

10. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

Who is Dario Conca? Chinese are paying $12.5 million per year for some unknown player lol - makes me feel a bit better about the whole situation with Torres. At least we "though" he might be worth the money

can i get a link to that list?

Best paid players in the World:

1. Samuel Eto'o (Anzhi)

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG)

3. Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

4. Yaya Toure (Man City)

5. Sergio Aguero (Man City)

6. Didier Drogba (Shanghai)

7. Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

8. Dario Conca (Guangzhou)

9. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)

10. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

Who is Dario Conca? Chinese are paying $12.5 million per year for some unknown player lol - makes me feel a bit better about the whole situation with Torres. At least we "though" he might be worth the money

DISGRACE!!!!

can i get a link to that list?

I got that list from BBC, but I guess they could have gotten it from Forbes. Its obvious the real top players make most of their money from advertisement rather than wages

Rooney - 44 appearances 35 goals

RvP - 48 appearances 37 goals

Agüero - 41 appearance 27 goals

Adebayor - 37 appearance 18 goals

Defoe - 38 appearance 17 goals

Torres - 49 appearances 11 goals

Andy Carroll - 47 appearance 9 goals

Andy Carrollol is currently playing at his level at West Ham, Torres has been awarded an automatic first 11 position for the Champions League winners. Makes perfect sense.

2011 - 12 Premier League:

Jelavic (Everton) - 16 appearances 11 goals

Suarez (Liverpool) - 39 appearances 17 goals

Dempsey (Fulham) - 46 appearance 23 goals

Odemwingie (West Brom) - 30 appearances 11 goals

Danny Graham (Swansea) - 39 appearances 14 goals

Grant Holt ( Norwich City) - 38 appearances 17 goals

Bendtner (Sunderland) - 31 appearances 8 goals

Crouch ( Stoke City) - 40 appearances 14 goals

Franco Di Santo ( Wigan) - 32 appearances 7 goals

Darrent Bent (Aston Villa) - 25 appearances 10 goals

Helguson ( QRP) - 34 appearances 13 goals

Klasnic ( Bolton) - 29 appearances 8 goals

Yakubu ( Blackburn) - 33 appearances 18 goals shock.gif

Steven Fletcher ( Wolves) - 34 appearances 12 goals

It's a bit of a joke, but there you go I've pulled out the top scorer from the teams that finished below Newcasle and us. Torres made 49 appearances which is the most out of any of these players and outscored Klasnic, Bent, Franco Di Santo and Bendtner.

We need a striker at a completely different level than Torres, in the mean time Sturridge should be given at least 2 matches in a row up front - see how he does.

Stop comparing Torres situation with Drogbas situation when he first came here. It was 2 different senarios. Ive already written about this so im just going to copy and paste this:

I compared them last year and you said it wasn't a fair comparison due to age. So I've rewound a few years and compared Drogba first 18 months (in a better team) and now that's unfair as well. How about 07-09 when he managed only 13 leave goals in two seasons? Remember a lot of people wanting rid off him at that point. Or his last two seasons when he scored only 16 league goals in 60 league games?

Drogba was a great striker. What really made him great was that he stepped up in big games and changed it for us. I won't deny that.... but I won't pretend there were not periods when he was pants.

Torres has had a pants period, sure he is partly responsible for that, but so is the team (see Drogba stats over same period). Unlike some I'm not writing him off just yet. I'll give him till Xmas, if he / team is struggling then I'll accept that we might need an alternative. But until then I'm giving him my 100% support.

The problem with Torres is.....

There's too many Fucking threads on the problem with Torres!!!!

He isn't playing well, for whatever reason - any normal player would be rotated - end of story...

But oh no, analyse this, that, the other.

Sick of him, threads and his moody face!

You were bought to weaken a rival and score goals, job not done - don't like it fuck off back to Spain and we can have Falcao or any other striker...

Hmm need a beer!

Alright, here's the thing. I didn't want to get on his back so soon, but he has been here for some time and I'm getting the deja vu feeling all over again...

Forget your opponents, forget the way you play, forget the players you have and forget their effort. If you outscore your opponents you will win (minus 2 leg games) - simple as that.

Torres is a striker who is earning more then 150k per week and was paid 50 million pounds. He is supposed to make other 10 players perform much better when he plays (not by motivation,but by his quality) rather then require world class playmakers who send perfectly timed through balls and offer him goals on a fucking plate. He is supposed to make defenders shit themselves and he is supposed to be that small thing that edges us ahead of equal opponents.

We play well, they play well, and BAM Torres scores.

It's how you win some games really no matter your tactics and certain players, by simply putting the ball in the back of the net more then your opponents.

Look at Arsenal last season. Awful squad, but RVP carried to a 3rd place.

Look at the recent Real Madrid vs Man City game. Real bossed them for almost a whole game, yet they barely managed to win and were losing for 2 times.

It's goals, goals and goals...

Fernando is 28 and one of his biggest attributes is was pace. He used to have a rocket up his arse and now it looks like he has a fridge....

And what if he gets injured? We won't be able to sell him for anything reasonable and we will pray that manages to get back at his current level which isn't to our satisfaction.

Just look at the video below. That is Fernando Torres we wanted here. That is Fernando Torres we brought in one of the biggest transfers in the history of football.

Has he EVER looked like that for his time here? The best he looked in our shirt, he reminded me of a mediocre on form striker, nothing above that...has it ever happened that he inspired our victory over someone big? Yes, a goal at Camp Nou, but really 1 on 1 with Valdes?

Lads, look at the video below and look at that player shown on it. Look at what he does and how he does it. Now look at some pages back and you will find people praising his time here for the corner he won and the goal he scored against a mediocre GK with no one around him. Those 2 are regarded as his...biggest achievements at Chelsea football club for being here for almost 2 years.

Once one of the best strikers in the world now praised for a corner and a 1on1 with a keeper.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the lad. He is a great person and a likeable player, but I am not a Fernando Torres fan, I am a Chelsea football club fan and I want what is the best for the club. When I see a part that is broken or isn't up to the task, I want it replaced with a new one that will work better, simple as that.

Better lock after this post, no need more comments.In this video Torres is a horse, white, fast gracious horse, nowadays he is just a donkey.

this thread actually reminds of me drogba's first couple of seasons with us.

drogba had the first touch of a donkey back then, he's not worth they money we paid for him, etc. etc. or so some fans claimed.

I remember the first two seasons. He was disliked by the fans. Atleast the Fans like Torres for his cute looks and blonde hair. Because of Drogba being "Shit" cus he didnt score many goals we brought Sheva and that turned Drogba into a beast as he ended up scoring 33 goals in his third season and kept Sheva on the bench

The problem with torres is that I think he should be converted to a right winger as he did ok in that position last season. He has energy/good work rate, a little pace these days and is still very skillful or wants to be and probably one of the best passers in our team which will be useful for crosses into the box. Food for thought for RDM. Hazard/mata on the left, Torres instead of ramires on the right. Sturridge in the centre forward for now but FALCAO in january would perfect.

The problem with Torres is.....

There's too many Fucking threads on the problem with Torres!!!!

He isn't playing well, for whatever reason - any normal player would be rotated - end of story...

But oh no, analyse this, that, the other.

Sick of him, threads and his moody face!

You were bought to weaken a rival and score goals, job not done - don't like it fuck off back to Spain and we can have Falcao or any other striker...

Hmm need a beer!

Time of the month? ?