Fernando Torres

some people here are unbelievable! the man doesn't score in 3 games and suddenly its Bash nando time.

im not going to comment on Atletico game for i didn't see it, but the QPR and Juve games were all but his fault.

vs QPR it was 2(torres and Hazard) vs 6 defenders the whole game! Before the game starts we're bashing RDM for is selection of the defensive team yet still yell and criticize Torres for not being god and producing a goal. Everyone here goes off when rambo is placed on rw, and bertrand was lw so who was supposed to attack?

vs Juventus i saw a man running for balls even if they were dead and constantly trying to keep the backline guessing as to when he was gona break. so he didnt score.....does that mean we have to bash him, and insult him? We scored 2 goals if anyone is to blame its the fuking defense for sitting back wayy to deep (first goal) and mikel and JT for the second goal. Last time i checked scoring 2 goals especially at home should count as 3 pts and i dont see how Torres is held responsible for the draw.

where is all this vehement hate coming from?

Torres was against the best defense in the Europe. He was up against 3 CBs. One on 3 is unfair. They completely blocked him out. Our two goals were from outside the box.

I would give him two more games to showcase his talent.

Give him til December. If he is still struggling start looking for someone else

Even if Sturridge is (and always has been) my preferred CF for us this season, I think the critcism aimed at Torres for his performances this season so far, is a bit OTT. I take it most of you are disappointed with apparent lack of productivity against Juventus. But the fact is he was up against 3 CB's that are part of one of the best defensive lineups out there. Any world class striker would struggle. Plus its not as if he was totally uninvolved. He did try his best to help with the attacking play (even though its obviously not his strength)

im sorry, fellas, but we are out of excuse for torres, he doesnt dedicate himself to ball thas going in the box, does it have to be a perfect torres pass? i have no clue, his out of it.

if i was the bored, i would put on the transfer market in january get a good 30 or 40 million for him call it a day, we can get that polish lad cavani.

some people here are unbelievable! the man doesn't score in 3 games and suddenly its Bash nando time.

im not going to comment on Atletico game for i didn't see it, but the QPR and Juve games were all but his fault.

vs QPR it was 2(torres and Hazard) vs 6 defenders the whole game! Before the game starts we're bashing RDM for is selection of the defensive team yet still yell and criticize Torres for not being god and producing a goal. Everyone here goes off when rambo is placed on rw, and bertrand was lw so who was supposed to attack?

vs Juventus i saw a man running for balls even if they were dead and constantly trying to keep the backline guessing as to when he was gona break. so he didnt score.....does that mean we have to bash him, and insult him? We scored 2 goals if anyone is to blame its the fuking defense for sitting back wayy to deep (first goal) and mikel and JT for the second goal. Last time i checked scoring 2 goals especially at home should count as 3 pts and i dont see how Torres is held responsible for the draw.

I also feel Torres is to blame for the current economic situation, particularly in Spain (hell he is Spanish), and what the fuck has he done for world peace recently? ?

Seriously I'm with you. Against Athleico we were poor, he wasn't great, but neither was anyone else. At QPR he was bad, couldn't seem to keep possession, but then our midfield was t-bagged for 90 mins. Against Juventus I felt he played quite well. People criticise him for drifting our wide (trying to find space) but then also criticise him for not making runs (ie into the space which was out wide. He can't win.

What I did far more worrying is our right hand side and the double pivot. Should be thinking about playing a 4-3-3, or at least starting Moses on the right so that we can stretch the game and provide natural width. If we did this our Striker might actually have some room to work in. At the present he has Hazard, Ramirez, Mata and Lampard all attempting to occupy the same space, the hole just behind him.

Ps - our worst performer this year is either Iva or Ramirez, yet to see any dedicated hate threads to them.

this thread actually reminds of me drogba's first couple of seasons with us.

drogba had the first touch of a donkey back then, or so some fans claimed.

This... Drogba was pants for 18 months, despite being in a team which dicked over everyone domestically. People fail to realise we were piss poor last season, it's no wonder all our strikers struggled for goals.

Ps - out wireless performer this year is either Iva or Ramirez, yet to see any dedicated hate threads to them.

Ramires has probably been our worst player so far this season but we all know he's playing out of position and being asked to do things hes just not capable of. I'm not sure there is a good role for him on this particular team, but he's an excellent player if given the proper role. Ivanovic has been poor so far, but has been great for us for years. I don't care if someone has a bad performance or even a bad stretch of games, it happens to everyone. Mata was our best player last season but finished poorly and started this season not that hot either but it's fine. People have stretches where they are just not at the top of their game, especially if the system requires them to change their game somewhat. and if the criticism of Torres was based solely on this season, I'd be with you, but Torres has been awful for a year and a half. It hasn't been a bad performance here or there, it's that about 90% of games, he's been basically useless.

He earns 170,000, which is still ridiculas.

Also he deos make runs, all the time, he's never picked up which i highlighted earlier in what i thought were the problems in midfield.

Dont get me wrong, i am a serious torres supporter, i was the happiest chelsea supporter when we bought him. But i noticed the difference in style of play compared to liverpool. I dont think its because he was more passionate for liverpool but i think its his confidence. He scored A LOT OF LONG RANGE GOALS for liverpool and at chelsea he is afraid to take a shot.

C ronaldo is a more dangerous player because he can shoot from any where and that alone pulls defenders tightly to him to create space for team mates. Torres should watch his liverpool tapes, i know he has lost a little speed but its his confidence dat disturbs him the most.

He could shout to his teamates to pass the ball where he wants but in chelsea, he moves without having eye contact with the passer or raising his hand and it becomes wasted because nobody can read his mind.

Thats why i sugested he should shout or demand of the ball more. Any time he passes the ball, he should never stand straight but make the run foward just like mata did with hazard. And he should shoot a lot more from outside the box.

Do you remember the last goal he scored against us before he came to chelsea?<p>Because of his confidence now, he will definately not take%2

Because it´s popular ... to get attention you just need to speak good or bad about torres. Sad but true. The media does it the same way, it works!

some people here keep remarking that he scores when he gets "service". is a striker's role only to score when he gets "service". what are we supposed to do? the guy has no work rate and only does bare minimum and people say he is making the appropriate runs (bullshit). and when he gets the ball, every bloody person in the world knows whats gonna happen. i even feel some of even our players stop attacking to get into their defensive duties because even they know the bloody result of giving torres the ball.

the worst part is yet to come. HE IS NO THREAT. while watchin a match with many of my buddies (manu,barca and pool fans), they simply started laughin when torres gets the ball in a normally dangerous situation, knowin that until this guy is involved nothin is gonna happen.

i would very much danny instead of the zombie in blue dress.

You are the one who made this only about 3 games. We're talking about 2 years here, man.

some people here keep remarking that he scores when he gets "service". is a striker's role only to score when he gets "service". what are we supposed to do? the guy has no work rate and only does bare minimum and people say he is making the appropriate runs (bullshit). and when he gets the ball, every bloody person in the world knows whats gonna happen. i even feel some of even our players stop attacking to get into their defensive duties because even they know the bloody result of giving torres the ball.

the worst part is yet to come. HE IS NO THREAT. while watchin a match with many of my buddies (manu,barca and pool fans), they simply started laughin when torres gets the ball in a normally dangerous situation, knowin that until this guy is involved nothin is gonna happen.

i would very much danny instead of the zombie in blue dress.

@ BOLD Exactly, when drogba gets the ball, he brings it down, bullies the defender with his strength and fires a ferocious shot or passes to the incoming malouda in the wing.

But torres, you just know he is going to fall and lose possesion because he is only looking to dribble instead of linking up with his teammates or creating space and shooting QUICKLY LIKE OSCAR OR LIKE THE LAST GOAL HE SCORED FOR LIVERPOOL AGAINST CHELSEA.

God help him the day sturridge gets his chance and plays a lot better, even the chelsea teammates will lose patience with him.

He needs to link up with passes instead of dribbling and losing possesion, he is no messi.

Seriously I'm with you. Against Athleico we were poor, he wasn't great, but neither was anyone else

Ps - our worst performer this year is either Iva or Ramirez, yet to see any dedicated hate threads to them.

The difference between Torres, Ivanovic and Ramires is that the last two actually proved that they are important for Chelsea. People are patient with the players who deserve patience. I've personally been patient with Torres for almost two years, but I'm done. I know that Ramires and Ivanovic are great players and I hope they will be back at their best soon, but I can't say the same thing about Fernando. Not anymore. Enough it's enough.

P.S: Tell me one single game since Torres is here when everyone was poor, but Fernando was great.

P.P.S: I forgot to mention that Ivanovic and Ramires are forced to play as RB and RM. Ivanovic is clearly a CB, and Ramires is a CM.