Fernando Torres

@ BOLD Exactly, when drogba gets the ball, he brings it down, bullies the defender with his strength and fires a ferocious shot or passes to the incoming malouda in the wing.

But torres, you just know he is going to fall and lose possesion because he is only looking to dribble instead of linking up with his teammates or creating space and shooting QUICKLY LIKE OSCAR OR LIKE THE LAST GOAL HE SCORED FOR LIVERPOOL AGAINST CHELSEA.

God help him the day sturridge gets his chance and plays a lot better, even the chelsea teammates will lose patience with him.

He needs to link up with passes instead of dribbling and losing possesion, he is no messi.

well said. he keeps making the same mistake and i wont for a second believe that rdm has not had a talk with torres about this. but he simply does not change. just have that feeling that even our board's patience with him might come to an abrupt end if we dont perform well till jan. i can see us selling him and putting up an extravagant bid for falcao/cavani.

The difference between Torres, Ivanovic and Ramires is that the last two actually proved that they are important for Chelsea. People are patient with the players who deserve patience. I've personally been patient with Torres for almost two years, but I'm done. I know that Ramires and Ivanovic are great players and I hope they will be back at their best soon, but I can't say the same thing about Fernando. Not anymore. Enough it's enough.

P.S: Tell me one single game since Torres is here when everyone was poor, but Fernando was great.

P.P.S: I forgot to mention that Ivanovic and Ramires are forced to play as RB and RM. Ivanovic is clearly a CB, and Ramires is a CM.

nope. the difference is that iva n rambo have shown that they want to BE important for chelsea. generally their fight,workrate , passion n zeal is more than commendable and it is through these things that they have won our hearts n all the time n patience. where as torres is concerned he has shown absolutely nothing of the kind.

Excuses can no longer be made for him. He has some phenomenal talent behind him and he still can't make enough decent space for himself. It's all fair and good saying he works hard for the team but he doesn't work that hard, just in short bursts periodically. We don't need a grafter up front we need a goal machine, a JFlo, an Eidur, a greevsie, A DROGBA! I'd personally play studge much more now and try and work some deal with atleti in January to swap torres and falcao. I'll still get behind torres whilst he's chels tho.

I think that Fernando´s problem is that he is not playing as a real striker, he is down in the middle every game to get the ball! He should stay up front and have patience.

he still lacks confidence and has done since he joined us . the miss in the first few minutes of that first game against Liverpool destroyed him.

I doubt if he will ever get his full confidence back.

well said. he keeps making the same mistake and i wont for a second believe that rdm has not had a talk with torres about this. but he simply does not change. just have that feeling that even our board's patience with him might come to an abrupt end if we dont perform well till jan. i can see us selling him and putting up an extravagant bid for falcao/cavani.

I hope the dimatteo has noticed this and had a talk with him because its so obvious and he just needs to stop.

It's no wonder members like myself hardly come on here now, just reading this thread is enough to make you feel suicidal!

There is no doubt that Torres needs a boot up the arse and the likes of Jose or a Fergy would do that although i am unsure Di Matteo will do it and that is a small part of the problem, i also stated last season that i feel he has lost a yard of pace which is a massive loss to any leading striker. Nonetheless the patience and lack of understanding of some of our fans now is shocking, Roman has given RDM the tools to bring out the best in Torres - everything has been put in place to get him scoring again, unfortunately the set up behind him isn't working, team selection needs some surgery because my issue with all this is - i would be worried more if his team mates were actually creating chances for him and he was missing them regularly - I would be critical then too, like the majority on here but please give Torres and RDM time to get it right!

I am not going to go into details about where i believe things could be improved but i will sum it up by stating that we need to attack in numbers which is not happening with this system, it's designed to be more offensive but looks more defensive to me especially with team selection which has a detrimental effect on Torres.

We were patient with Drogba, and i would urge fans to give Torres til January at least - if RDM selects the right players/formation and takes the shackles off a little we will start creating those chances for Torres, then and only then be critical not after half a dozen games in a new system that is in it's infancy.

The difference between Torres, Ivanovic and Ramires is that the last two actually proved that they are important for Chelsea. People are patient with the players who deserve patience. I've personally been patient with Torres for almost two years, but I'm done. I know that Ramires and Ivanovic are great players and I hope they will be back at their best soon, but I can't say the same thing about Fernando. Not anymore. Enough it's enough.

P.S: Tell me one single game since Torres is here when everyone was poor, but Fernando was great.

P.P.S: I forgot to mention that Ivanovic and Ramires are forced to play as RB and RM. Ivanovic is clearly a CB, and Ramires is a CM.

The thing is everyone keeps banging on about Drogba....

In his first 18 months he was poor, touch was bad, missed chances, sulked.... And this was in a team which crushed everyone domestically. His first full season he scored 16, Torres scored 11 in a struggling team and created more assists.

People also dismiss the fact that Drigba recorded five league goals last year. All our strikers struggled, not just Nando.

This year Torres started brightly, had a few bad games but on the whole has improved with 3 in 7 games. People still moaning about him, one bad game and the bashing starts.

Your entitled to your opinions. I accept he could be better, but I'll judge him at Xmas, once he and the team have had time to gel.

It's no wonder members like myself hardly come on here now, just reading this thread is enough to make you feel suicidal!

There is no doubt that Torres needs a boot up the arse and the likes of Jose or a Fergy would do that although i am unsure Di Matteo will do it and that is a small part of the problem, i also stated last season that i feel he has lost a yard of pace which is a massive loss to any leading striker. Nonetheless the patience and lack of understanding of some of our fans now is shocking, Roman has given RDM the tools to bring out the best in Torres - everything has been put in place to get him scoring again, unfortunately the set up behind him isn't working, team selection needs some surgery because my issue with all this is - i would be worried more if his team mates were actually creating chances for him and he was missing them regularly - I would be critical then too, like the majority on here but please give Torres and RDM time to get it right!

I am not going to go into details about where i believe things could be improved but i will sum it up by stating that we need to attack in numbers which is not happening with this system, it's designed to be more offensive but looks more defensive to me especially with team selection which has a detrimental effect on Torres.

We were patient with Drogba, and i would urge fans to give Torres til January at least - if RDM selects the right players/formation and takes the shackles off a little we will start creating those chances for Torres, then and only then be critical not after half a dozen games in a new system that is in it's infancy.

Agreed, I wonder about the mentality of some people, they show no loyalty to players and demand instant success.

It's fairly obvious to me that service to him has been poor in the last three games, team appears to lack balance an has yet to gel (think RDM needs to address the width issue). Like you I feel it would be fairer to judge him at Xmas.

Ps - I believe he is going to score 20+ goals this year, and I'm going to enjoy bumping these threads when the time comes!

Torres is a fuckin great striker no doubt 'bout that. Ever since he joined Chelsea he's not much of a talent. Wonder why O.o

He gets all weak and gives sloppy performances when suffers from a bad hair day. But when his hair is all shiny and well colored he seems to score goals. YES I HAVE NOTICED THAT!

I really want him to play well on the pitch. It's time he starts caring a little less about his looks and starts concentrating on giving Chelsea FC something.

Agreed, I wonder about the mentality of some people, they show no loyalty to players and demand instant success.

It's fairly obvious to me that service to him has been poor in the last three games, team appears to lack balance an has yet to gel (think RDM needs to address the width issue). Like you I feel it would be fairer to judge him at Xmas.

Ps - I believe he is going to score 20+ goals this year, and I'm going to enjoy bumping these threads when the time comes!

I've read most your post Tricky and concur with you fella. Fans are spoilt nowadays - they want to try thinking what it was like supporting us in the late 70's, periods of the 80's and early 90's and perhaps they may have a little more patience!

You hit the nail on the head and sum it up with the word 'balance'! I have to say i don't like Torres's body language at times or his strops but give the boy a chance to show he is capable in a well machined team before being judge and jury!

Stop comparing Torres situation with Drogbas situation when he first came here. It was 2 different senarios. Ive already written about this so im just going to copy and paste this:

Drogba was bought to Chelsea after just one good season and that was in the French ligue. Ofcouse he needed some time to adapt (and he still scored more goals than torres during his first 2 seasons in a new club, league and country). Compare that to Torres who was bought in after being dubbed as one of the best strikers in the world.

if you think Torres doesn't put effort in then you clearly dont watch him enough, that is actually why the fans at the bridge including myself always support him and chant his name because we know he is struggling but he always works his socks off and puts in a lot of effort.

He is a striker. He is there to score goals. He isn't even close to doing that based on his last three performances.

Exactly Alex - don't care if we have a forward that just stands in one spot for 90 minutes if that forward gets us the winning goal with his only touch for the entire game. In the end football is a simple game - the team that scores the most goals wins the game. It's why Messi plays everywhere for Barca and why Ronaldo spends more time up top for Real than on the wing , it's why people like Inzaghi have a legendary career despite not being complete footballers - as long as these "forwards" remain effective at winning games for their clubs I don't think anyone in management will question them.

If Huguin and Benzema don't score in 24 hours of football, I have very little doubt they would be dropped by Jose - even though Benzema adds a lot to Real's game other than scoring.

It's like that in some clubs you have guys like Zlatan; Berbatov wonderful players even when they aren't scoring they provide a lot to their teams but SAF dropped Berbatov even though he was scoring - when he was playing last year. That might have been one of the things that didn't help with their goal difference as Hernandez and Welbeck were struggling to put the ball in the back of the net and they lost the title. When someone is scoring goals you don't drop em, you drop em when they stop scoring and bring em on as subs to prove themselves once again. Rooney is an automatic starter even though he suffers goal droughts but unlike Torres he is proven at MU, so they can afford to give him time to regain his goal scoring form. We have given 2 years to Torres and he isn't doing what we signed him for constantly enough.

If Torres doesn't have 15 goals and at least 6 winners by 1st of January in all competitions he should be sold.

Isn't it last season's story ? :lol:

Judging by that thread, it actually was :clown:

As i stated SeB, a new system brings along different problems and changing formations and style of play will have it's set backs - sometimes you need to go back before moving forward, we also have several new players who also need time to bed in and get used to a different culture etc, so whilst last years thread had some relevance i cannot for the life of me understand why fans don't show a little more understanding and more pertinently patience!

Geez... this Torres debate always gets very tense, alot of personal insults that is unneeded. Lets keep it chill guys, dont make the more reasonable posters tired of reading 3 pages long angry arguments about torres. I am a Torres fan, even before he went to chelsea and i supported him so strongly so far, but honestly it is hard to do that recently. I will always wish for his success here and i will always support him as i support all chelsea players, but that measly 11 clear cut chances are partly his fault too, during his first 6 months i did see players not passing to him when he is in a good position but nowadays he doesnt seem to be in the right position at the right time. The newcastle game was the best game so far.